Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Will keep this QMJHL Draft Table Updated after every 1st round transaction trade. If anyone wants to see a 2nd round pick table made. Let me know and I'll consider it.

Original OwnerCurrent OwnerNOTES
1st:BathurstGatineauMitchell Balmas Trade 2017-18
2nd:GatineauGatineau
3rd:VictoriavilleVictoriaville
4th:QuebecQuebec
5th:Saint JohnRimouski Jeffrey Durocher/Nicolas Guay Trade 2019-20
6th:Baie- ComeauSaint JohnAlex D´Orio Trade 2018-19
7th:BlainvilleGatineauOriginally given to Cape Breton to send Drake Batherson to Blainville (2017-18), then Cape Breton handed it to Gatineau for Shawn Boudrias. (2018-19)
8thHalifaxGatineauMaxim Trepanier Trade 2018-19
9thVal D´orVal D´or
10thShawiniganShawinigan
11thRouyn NorandaChicoutimiOriginally given to Chicoutimi in the 3 way trade that sent Noah Dobson to Rouyn Noranda (2018-19), then Chicoutimi handed it to Quebec for Felix Bibeau. (2019-20). Then Quebec handed it back to Chicoutimi in a deal that sent Theo Rochette to Quebec. (2019-20)
12thCape BretonCape Breton
13thDrummondvilleSaint JohnJoe Veleno Trade 2017-18
14thCharlottetownChicoutimiOscar Plandowski Trade 2019-20
15thRimouskiVictoriavilleD´Artagnan Joly Trade 2018-19
16thMonctonDrummondvilleOlivier Rodrigue Trade 2019-20
17thChicoutimiHalifax Patrick Kyte Trade 2019-20
18thSherbrookeBlainvilleSamuel Bolduc Trade 2019-20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
If what is going on with the Lions at Peewee and Bantam is an indication of the future for their midget program they are in trouble.
The "Trouble" is that a majority of the kids in the Lions geographical area are going to play for the multiple high school programs (which are getting better and better), whereas most players in the outlying regions are still playing AAA City hockey. It is that simple.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Will keep this QMJHL Draft Table Updated after every 1st round transaction trade. If anyone wants to see a 2nd round pick table made. Let me know and I'll consider it.

Original OwnerCurrent OwnerNOTES
1st:BathurstGatineauMitchell Balmas Trade 2017-18
2nd:GatineauGatineau
3rd:VictoriavilleVictoriaville
4th:QuebecQuebec
5th:Saint JohnRimouski Jeffrey Durocher/Nicolas Guay Trade 2019-20
6th:Baie- ComeauSaint JohnAlex D´Orio Trade 2018-19
7th:BlainvilleGatineauOriginally given to Cape Breton to send Drake Batherson to Blainville (2017-18), then Cape Breton handed it to Gatineau for Shawn Boudrias. (2018-19)
8thHalifaxGatineauMaxim Trepanier Trade 2018-19
9thVal D´orVal D´or
10thShawiniganShawinigan
11thRouyn NorandaChicoutimiOriginally given to Chicoutimi in the 3 way trade that sent Noah Dobson to Rouyn Noranda (2018-19), then Chicoutimi handed it to Quebec for Felix Bibeau. (2019-20). Then Quebec handed it back to Chicoutimi in a deal that sent Theo Rochette to Quebec. (2019-20)
12thCape BretonCape Breton
13thDrummondvilleSaint JohnJoe Veleno Trade 2017-18
14thCharlottetownChicoutimiOscar Plandowski Trade 2019-20
15thRimouskiVictoriavilleD´Artagnan Joly Trade 2018-19
16thMonctonDrummondvilleOlivier Rodrigue Trade 2019-20
17thChicoutimiHalifax Patrick Kyte Trade 2019-20
18thSherbrookeBlainvilleSamuel Bolduc Trade 2019-20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Cool! Do you have anything for the 2021 draft as well?

Eldard4

Sep 29, 2019
Hockey prospect today released the top 50 prospect for the QMJHL 2020 Draft. Could someone on the forum provide us with the list?

Reactions: Pros stok

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
The entire top 50? the top 10-15 have always been obvious. I'm very currious to see a scouting service's ranking but don't want to pay for it.

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018
2019 draft in round #1 was 13 Forwards / 5 D's.

2019 draft in round #2 was 13 Fowards / 5 D's

2020 draft should be different.

NorthAmHockey

Sep 30, 2019
Interesting lists - and will be curious to see how these evolve over the course of the second half. I haven't seen a review by Hockey Prospect of either Mount St. Charles (Furlong) or Stanstead (Hopkins and MacLean). I will be interested to see where these players are ultimately placed once viewed a couple times. I believe J Dumais (Selects) was reviewed at Silver Stick and I think LaStarza was in back to back games against Conpuware in November. Impressive how Hockey Prospect manages to eventually get to viewings of all these players outside traditional midget leagues. A lot of hours in rinks! Credit to them.

Double OT

Nov 25, 2018
The entire top 50? the top 10-15 have always been obvious. I'm very currious to see a scouting service's ranking but don't want to pay for it.

That’s the key quote »pay for it » and I don’t blame you for not wanting to.
The real lists are never posted,only central scoutings final list before draft.
Only lists that matter are each Q teams personal ones and central which is used for references behind the scenes.
All these other paid for sites just create chatter(which is fine) but have no real bearings on where the players will go.
Furthermore some of these players have been seen 1-2 times,others 6-7 and some prob not at all. Then factor the various strengths of leagues as we mentioned before and all this creates an unequal scouting reports.
Most of the names are familiar and make sense but most armchair scouts could formulate a similar list.

Take scouting news for instance. They will send families emails to publish an interview with their kid. Guess what,for you to read it you have to subscribe. Lol.

So all these sites are fun for chatter and debate but in the end it’s just another way to get sucked into spending more $. Lol.

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
I suspect that this year's draft will be more 10-12 d and 6-8 forwards in round 1. What about the top goalies will any of them goin the first 2 rounds. Right now Gatineau has 4 picks in the first 8, do they pick 2D 1F 1G? they need everything.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No but I can make one! Though I will have to predict my own order of team picks as obviously the order depends on standings.

Maybe save some time and just list how many picks in each draft they have? I know how much time it takes to do things like this and I appreciate your time! Love seeing stuff like this. Great work!

scout Sherbrooke

scout Sherbrooke
Jan 22, 2019
Sherbrooke
For the draft list of 50 players, I think it's a lack of seriousness, I think they should do nothing instead of leaving a list like that. There are players who will go out in the first 2 rounds , who are not even on the list.
At 95% the names on the list is good, but the ranking order is really bad (especially in the top 30 of the list).
We will wait for the real list of the Q , , for the moment it is ridiculous .........

How can you put 2 players in the top 5, if you did not see him play this year yet :sarcasm: even if I think it's two players are first round choices

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
I have never been a fan of hockey prospect but all lists are intriging to look at. Seeing new names is always cool for disscussion puposes. Everyone who has some hockey knowledge knows that each team has their own list and the May Q list is pretty close (for the first 4-5 rounds anyway)

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Hockey Prospect: what a joke !

I make fun of their "scouting reports". They see things most scouts don't see. A slow skater becomes a quick feet player and a lazy one-way forward becomes a player with great work ethic after one game.

No credible organization pays any attention to what they sell (lists, reports, ...). That's only good for parents in search of recognition for their kid.

Great stuff to show friends, family and neighbors: they will be impressed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Estrien

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Interesting lists - and will be curious to see how these evolve over the course of the second half. I haven't seen a review by Hockey Prospect of either Mount St. Charles (Furlong) or Stanstead (Hopkins and MacLean). I will be interested to see where these players are ultimately placed once viewed a couple times. I believe J Dumais (Selects) was reviewed at Silver Stick and I think LaStarza was in back to back games against Conpuware in November. Impressive how Hockey Prospect manages to eventually get to viewings of all these players outside traditional midget leagues. A lot of hours in rinks! Credit to them.

Jerome and his crew have seen plenty of Dumais and LaStarza in the past. They have enough connections to know how well they are doing right now even if they are outside of Quebec. How many of you have seen guys like Goyette and Gravel who are in Ontario anyway? It's the same thing.

I think HP is great but I just don't like that you have to pay for the content. There are not many websites out there that produced big lists for Midget and sometimes even Bantam. They also follow LHPS prospects and prospects outside of Quebec. I mean if their service was free everyone would check it out often for sure. It's not perfect but it's the best we have in the public. There are no other lists out there except for the central list that comes out before the draft

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018
Jerome and his crew have seen plenty of Dumais and LaStarza in the past. They have enough connections to know how well they are doing right now even if they are outside of Quebec. How many of you have seen guys like Goyette and Gravel who are in Ontario anyway? It's the same thing.

I think HP is great but I just don't like that you have to pay for the content. There are not many websites out there that produced big lists for Midget and sometimes even Bantam. They also follow LHPS prospects and prospects outside of Quebec. I mean if their service was free everyone would check it out often for sure. It's not perfect but it's the best we have in the public. There are no other lists out there except for the central list that comes out before the draft

ISS provided evaluation and ranking. Their ranking is similar to Hockey Prospect

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
PEI native Cameron Maclean has looked good in his first couple games back on the Island with the Charlottetown Knights.
Him and Colby Huggan should both hear there name called in this draft - also goaltender Jack Howatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad