Early Hart favourites?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
O'Reilly has been fantastic, but please explain in detail how this is a notch in his belt. Sanford is young, has always had good hands, shot, reach, skating, and vision; played his rookie year, and then was injured. He has played 49 AHL and 45 NHL games. Where is the body of work that suggests to you that O'Reilly is dragging him kicking and screaming from a plug to a "legit player"?

he has 1 less point in 6 games this year than in his prior 39 combined

his last two ahl stints he had 9 points in 24 games and he was like 22 during them. that doesnt scream scoring threat bud

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
he has 1 less point in 6 games this year than in his prior 39 combined

his last two ahl stints he had 9 points in 24 games and he was like 22 during them. that doesnt scream scoring threat bud

You've never heard of player development? Most guys, including many who later become scoring line players, don't light the league up when they arrive. Check out Jaden Schwartz's NHL and AHL stats by the time he had played his first full NHL season.

You can watch a young player, see their skill, and see their potential instead of just making raw stat conclusions based on their shortened rookie year or a sample sizes of 24 games.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
You've never heard of player development? Most guys, including many who later become scoring line players, don't light the league up when they arrive. Check out Jaden Schwartz's NHL and AHL stats by the time he had played his first full NHL season.

You can watch a young player, see their skill, and see their potential instead of just making raw stat conclusions based on their shortened rookie year or a sample sizes of 24 games.

theres a few years development between those seasons

sanford isnt some young rookie, he should have been more impressive in the ahl last year no matter what. it isnt like our ahl team was a complete disaster like this year

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
theres a few years development between those seasons

sanford isnt some young rookie, he should have been more impressive in the ahl last year no matter what. it isnt like our ahl team was a complete disaster like this year

One year difference. Schwartz was 20 going on 21 in his first season and Sanford was 21 going on 22. And he didn't play in the AHL last year and yes, he is basically a rookie in games played in both the AHL and NHL. What special criteria are you imagining that says otherwise?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
One year difference. Schwartz was 20 going on 21 in his first season and Sanford was 21 going on 22. And he didn't play in the AHL last year and yes, he is basically a rookie in games played in both the AHL and NHL. What special criteria are you imagining that says otherwise?

im not imagining him playing in the ahl last year and i didnt say he wasnt basically an nhl rookie, i said he isnt a YOUNG one (key word is young there in case the caps wasnt enough)

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I honestly think Pettersson has a shot to be a finalist with McDavid and Malkin.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
im not imagining him playing in the ahl last year and i didnt say he wasnt basically an nhl rookie, i said he isnt a YOUNG one (key word is young there in case the caps wasnt enough)

Thanks, professor. I'll be sure to read into your words so they make some sense from now on instead of taking them at face value.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I don't see why guys like MacKinnon or Bergeron, who are parts of ridicilous lines with some of the best players in the league, should be candidates for the Hart.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Thanks, professor. I'll be sure to read into your words so they make some sense from now on instead of taking them at face value.

lmao idk what your point is

if you really believed sanford to be a legit scoring threat at the nhl level before now, congrats, you need to be hired as a scout asap

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Yeah teams have bad seasons nor have we made great decisions regarding the roster, special teams, goal tending decisions etc I am not denying that but even in the season when McDavid won the art ross and we went to the playoffs the % of offense he contributed for the team was actually lower compared to other Art Ross winners in the past.

Our last 3 wins McDavid only contributed 1 point in each and was only decided the game in one of those three. I think considering our beginning people have gone back to EDM is only McDavid though we have gotten a bit more depth scoring.

Don't get me wrong we are incredibly top heavy and don't have a ton of depth but it isn't just McDavid.
If McDavid is injured the oilers would fall off a cliff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad