Early Conn Smythe company

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm the biggest Ovechkin homer, but yes Kuzya is the favourite right now.
How?
Rd 1 - Ovi
Rd 2 - Ovi
Rd 3 - Holtby
Rd 4 - Kuznetsov?

This isn't finals mvp like Nba. Ovi's the most consistent and best overall

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I was hoping Ovechkin would pull away with it, but it’s Kuznetsov that has played like a Conn Smythe player the most these playoffs. Kuznetsov deserves it.
Dude there's no logical way that Ovechkin can get more points than Kuznetsov when he plays on the same line.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
This year's winner is going to reveal a lot about the award. Kuznetsov clearly deserves it based on play on the ice. Even ignoring point totals, nobody has been as dominant throughout the playoffs as he has.

Ovechkin is the emotional favorite. It's a happy ending to this cup run to see him win it.

Based on how this trophy usually gets awarded, I don't think Ovechkin stands a chance. Past seasons and playoffs do not earn you MVP credit. It's the MVP of this year's postseason, and there's only one realistic candidate.

Reactions: Beau Knows

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Reason is very simple. Centre has two winger options. If he chooses to not involve one winger, then no points for that winger.

Hey, I’d like Ovechkin to win too. He played like a champion. With no Kuznetsov, Ovechkin deserves the Conn Smythe. But Kuznetsov is playing better.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This is blatantly wrong and defies reason. Ovechkin is leading all Caps in PP goals and shots.
You don't watch caps then. He leads in pp goals but he is used as a decoy often because of his reputation. Other teams over cover and cheat to him. That is a fact

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kuznetsov again by all metrics in the last 3 series has proven himself to be the best player but I said before he needs a sizeable lead to take over the ovi storyline

tonight helps

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kuznetsov again by all metrics in the last 3 series has proven himself to be the best player but I said before he needs a sizeable lead to take over the ovi storyline

tonight helps
"All metrics" nope

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Even Backstrom said Kuzy was their best player...Ovie will win it though and it's so close that's it hard to argue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad