E. Kane hearing for elbow to Pionk [Suspended 3 Games]

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
A repeat offender, with a suspension this season, given three games for a blantant elbow to the head. Parros once again shows he is incompetent in his position as head of the DoPS
It was “blatant,” his elbow was high but Pionks body and head make some last second movement that ultimately made the contact. It was a stupid and reckless play, but it wasn’t malicious and blatant.

Reactions: SnarkAttack

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dirty hit that deserved a suspension but the DoPS is a joke

Yeah, this one isn't hard. Both things are completely true. Kane brought The People's Elbow to Pionk's head and deserved nacho duty and the DoPS continues to spin the wheel or blindly throw darts at a wall when deciding who gets suspended for what and for how long, thereby embarrassing the league and pissing off everyone that doesn't work at NHL HQ.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Unfair or not Evander Kane is perceived as a malcontent by big parts of the old boys club that runs hockey so he unlike beloved Chara will allways get a suspension when he does something questionable.

I do think a suspension was the right call here BUT this DoPS is maddingly inconsistent ( like Kane mentions in his statement ) and lets certain players off the hook too easily while others face the music . This isn't exactly new though and has been the case for decades now.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Kane rips Parros and the DoPS

he's not wrong

how to shoot yourself in the foot 101

i'm not gonna argue the point cause i'm honestly shocked this got more than 1 game but he's certainly not helping his cause for future suspensions

i get that he feels victimized but man you gotta just shut your mouth and sit down sometimes

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

i'm not gonna argue the point cause i'm honestly shocked this got more than 1 game but he's certainly not helping his cause for future suspensions

i get that he feels victimized but man you gotta just shut your mouth and sit down sometimes
can't imagine Parros enjoys his integrity getting questioned

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
can't imagine Parros enjoys his integrity getting questioned
and that shit rolls uphill to bettman i'm sure so.. congrats evander, you just made things even worse for yourself

wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's cutting a check for a fine tonight too

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA

The Sharks' season is lost. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed, and "just shutting your mouth and sitting down" has never been something that has worked for people getting treated unfairly. It's just how things continue the way they are.

I don't back everything Kane has done in his career, and I realize that he does play the victim at times, but if you can't admit that at least part of his many complaints aren't justified, I don't think we are living in the same world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phu

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019

A bit historic, but here's a reminder of how favored the Sharks are by league officials, no call & zero supplemental...

But please, continue letting us Sharks fans hear how we're playing a victim card, our season is in the toilet, missing 1, 2, 3 of our top guys through injury & another thru suspension, our 'starter' benched for some sort of PTSD which has been going on 2 seasons & some Elmer Fudd like Open Season on kids like Ferraro thanks to a combination of ref incompetence & DOPS agenda.

Please, pile on, not like we're capable of being more miserable. *waves the Sharks haters on in a Bruce Lee fashion*

Reactions: Phu

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Which is why the the refs and league are getting their revenge for the Sharks making them look stupid last playoffs.
It's the fault of the dumbass league and their rules that didn't allow either play to be reviewed. They should take it out on themselves and their archaic rules/rulebook.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The only solution to inconsistency will probably be stricter rules, with less judgement. Any hit to head, 1 game. If primary point of contact, add a game. Add another game with elbow, mandatory second game, if jump up, 3rd game, if injury 4th game. Late hit or clear intent, if obvious, maybe double all of them.

The further you break it down, the less there will be to challenge. That was the reason for the "in the crease" rule, to make judgements mandatory and not subjective. Could be applied similarly to DoPS, although, I am sure there would still be arguments between fans.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Kane is being a bit ridiculous playing the victim here. Regardless of any inconsistencies, acting like this suspension is outrageous makes no sense at all. JUST THIS SEASON Kane has already been suspended for abuse of officials and fined for elbowing a different player in the head. With that kind of history, he wants to act surprised that they make an example out of him and releases that whiny bitch poor me statement. jfc at the stupidity

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I think its suspension worthy. But Parros is brutal at his job he has no consistency with his decisions. He did a good job with the Kassian one though I was expecting almost 10 games considering how dangerous it could have been

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
I would have a bit of respect if he lead off his statement with " I was wrong. I can't run guys into the boards at full speed leading with my elbows at head hight. " Then his statement might have meaning. As it is it's just poor me, everyone picks on me and it's unfair. Same old Evander. It's never his fault. He never gets a fair shake.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
I would have a bit of respect if he lead off his statement with " I was wrong. I can't run guys into the boards at full speed leading with my elbows at head hight. " Then his statement might have meaning. As it is it's just poor me, everyone picks on me and it's unfair. Same old Evander. It's never his fault. He never gets a fair shake.

Nowhere in his tweets does he defend his hit, he's simply pointing out examples of other undisciplined dirty plays.

And he's right, it's unfair that other players seem to have immunity from supplemental discipline of any significance.

What part of this do you fail to understand?

He's not saying he's innocent, he's saying where's the punishment when other players cross the line? Where is the line, if what is uncalled for others is called on him?

It's really not a hard concept to grasp, is it?

About 1/4 of the posts in this thread saying they're not interested 'cos Kane, so you're closed off to the possibility he's right because of his past actions?

If the DOPS was suspending 'your' guy for this you'd be championing his cause, outraged the league is playing favourites, but because it's a guy who's always been scrutinised & punished, you dismiss it? So basically, YOU are as uselessly biased as the DOPS and as a result deserve as much respect, which is nada.

Kudos to ALL the Kane haters admitting he's spot on, you can hate the guy & agree with his message, some here are incapable of rational thought & dialogue.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Kane isn’t wrong but it’s kind of ironic for him to be complaining.

Benning missed two months with a concussion after taking a two handed slash to the head from Kane in November and the league let it slide. Malkin was suspended for a much less violent high stick last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad