E. Kane hearing for elbow to Pionk [Suspended 3 Games]

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
a) that's not the NHL rulebook and that's not the current rule
b) i'll let you do the legwork on when the last time someone was suspended under rule 43, hell even the last time it was called

A. Actually it is. page 75-76.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308893668/binary-file/file.pdf

B. You could file that hit under rule 41 as well. Lowry received a suspension for a similar hit earlier this year. Lowry pushes closer to the shoulders but had less time to let up than Lucic. The hit on Debrincat is the only infraction Under rule 43 that warranted a fine/suspension this season from the DOPS.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Where did I say this? Do you always put words into people’s mouths?

The poster you quoted was talking about discipline for/against Sharks players and you brought up that series as a counter. That was the same thing many posters did during last year’s playoffs whenever a Sharks player took a questionable hit that wasn’t called.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
He shouldn’t have been leading with his elbow so high but Poink changing his position at the last second didn’t help either. Either way it’s not the worst hit but he should be suspended. He has to play smarter, he’s been unpredictable lately.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
If this were the first time Kane did something along these lines, I’d say just a penalty. But at this point he should get a few games. Not the first time he’s “accidentally” caught someone’s head one way or another even this season.

Even if it’s recklessness they need to make him be more careful.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I hope he's suspended for the season and is forced to live in Winnipeg during all his off-seasons.

Realistically though, Kane should get ten games considering he's a repeat offender.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Realistically though, Kane should get ten games considering he's a repeat offender.

*Kassian, the repeat offender points & laughs while Parros toasts Lucic with champagne in their shared hot tub*

No issue with Kane getting disciplined for a questionable hit but you give Chara a 5k slap on the wrist, hell not even a slap, more a gentle caress, for trying to collapse a windpipe & Lucic nothing for 2 illegal hits.

Funny thing about the repeat offender label, Chara could easily be classed as such, only DOPS refuse to even look at him, y'know 'cos Pronger physics.
(Not that i can blame them, he is hard to look at, not just 'cos of the neck strain involved)

You’re kidding right? Do you forget the the refs gifting the Sharks a series win last spring?

Also giggling at the peurile logic above Sharks get what they deserve 'cos, y'know, 'last spring'... wait, so the refs made some bad calls so it's the Shark's fault? *applauds*

Reactions: Phu

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
*Kassian, the repeat offender points & laughs while Parros toasts Lucic with champagne in their shared hot tub*

No issue with Kane getting disciplined for a questionable hit but you give Chara a 5k slap on the wrist, hell not even a slap, more a gentle caress, for trying to collapse a windpipe & Lucic nothing for 2 illegal hits.

Funny thing about the repeat offender label, Chara could easily be classed as such, only DOPS refuse to even look at him, y'know 'cos Pronger physics.
(Not that i can blame them, he is hard to look at, not just 'cos of the neck strain involved)

Also giggling at the peurile logic above Sharks get what they deserve 'cos, y'know, 'last spring'... wait, so the refs made some bad calls so it's the Shark's fault? *applauds*

Nah, the Sharks got a couple of really fortunate calls in the playoffs last year, so potential long term brain injuries should be somehow both ignored and applauded. It continues to amaze me that some people don't see the difference between split second calls, and things that are (or at least should be) deeply reviewed to come up with the fair call.

In this case, Kane was reckless, and even though Pionk's head moved, he should get a couple of games. Having said that, the same should be true for Lawson Crouse. It's the lack of anything consistent that leads to people complaining like this. If Crouse got 2, and Kane got 2 (hell 3 for repeat offender) you wouldn't have the same volume of complaints.

Reactions: Phu

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019

7 less than I expected tbh, it makes little to no difference to the Sharks with Couture still out, Hurtl & EK65 out for the season & Jone5 probably in net tonight.

These threads are great for finding those posters who belong on that ever expanding 'ignore' list tho'. :thumbu:

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
A repeat offender, with a suspension this season, given three games for a blantant elbow to the head. Parros once again shows he is incompetent in his position as head of the DoPS

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
9F12E84B-8F10-4D23-A401-B59C6C4BCB17.jpeg

Reactions: serp

stranger

Jan 18, 2015
MN
It's the same exact hit Lucic threw on Mario Ferraro TWICE and didn't even get a minor either time.

Parros is an idiot and a ****ing joke. This was a minor that was appropriately called. Nothing more.
Why are we comparing hits that have nothing in common?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad