E. Kane hearing for elbow to Pionk [Suspended 3 Games]

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Watch Kane get 10 'cos Kane (the love affair tween #9, the officials & Parros continues)

Sure Lucic got diddly squat for molesting Ferraro in consecutive games & repeat offender Kassian gets 7 for assault with a deadly weapon but here's where the DOPS get to send their message. *rolls eyes*

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
It's the same exact hit Lucic threw on Mario Ferraro TWICE and didn't even get a minor either time.

Parros is an idiot and a ****ing joke. This was a minor that was appropriately called. Nothing more.

You're misstating what the problem is here. It's not that Kane will be punished, it's that Lucic and Krouse won't.

The answer to "you gave me a speeding ticket but not these other guys who were also speeding" isn't to not give out any tickets... it's to increase enforcement.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
You're misstating what the problem is here. It's not that Kane will be punished, it's that Lucic and Krouse won't.

The answer to "you gave me a speeding ticket but not these other guys who were also speeding" isn't to not give out any tickets... it's to increase enforcement.

Absolutely, but when you have players on your team run over with late, questionable hits & see the stripes do exactly nothing in the way of punishment you can see how a player could be confused when delivering his own late, questionable hit & getting both penalised AND a hearing...

The double standard, lack of consistency, call it what you will, leaves this huge grey area in which players can't see the 'line' that they shouldn't cross 'cos in 2 games this type of play is green lit, only to have the hammer of justice suddenly drop from the rafters when playing in the same manner.

Ftr, i think Kane was foolish, deserved the penalty, no argument, nearly cost us the game. Think the hearing is the actions of the clown running the DOPS who, and i'd say it to his face despite the dental work i'd require, has NO BUSINESS being in that position given his history, his bias & his stupid stache.

Reactions: Phu and Marshall

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kane's not my favorite player in the world, but it looks like Pionk's body position does change a bit right before impact. This is a tough one

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Ehhh. Poink turns his back and starts to go down before the hit so his head is at dasher level when Kane gets there. Def contact with the elbow but not exactly “going high” at waist/chest level. Wasn’t expecting anything, hopefully just a fine

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Mmkay. Lucic never threw and elbow at Ferraro. It's in no way the "exact same hit".

You’re right. The Lucic hit was far worse. Not even a penalty lol. I can’t remember a player being suspended by Parros for a hit on a sharks player. Shocker

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad