E. Kane hearing for elbow to Pionk [Suspended 3 Games]

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

You’re right. The Lucic hit was far worse. Not even a penalty lol. I can’t remember a player being suspended by Parros for a hit on a sharks player. Shocker

you honestly think this is worse than kane driving a guys face into the glass from behind with a chicken wing elbow

take off the homer glasses, wow

lucic's hit is absolutely a boarding minor, kane's is absolutely a game suspension

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Kane's not my favorite player in the world, but it looks like Pionk's body position does change a bit right before impact. This is a tough one
My thought too. The elbow is hanging out the whole time, but it looks like the other player tries to dip and turn out of the hit.

I’ve seen way more intentional things not be called so who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu and hb12xchamps

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
you honestly think this is worse than kane driving a guys face into the glass from behind with a chicken wing elbow

take off the homer glasses, wow

lucic's hit is absolutely a boarding minor, kane's is absolutely a game suspension

Lucic is going full steam at Ferraro while his back is to him the whole time and never lets up driving him face first into the boards. It’s the exact type of hit the league is looking to get rid of

Reactions: one2gamble

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Lucic is going full steam at Ferraro while his back is to him the whole time and never lets up driving him face first into the boards. It’s the exact type of hit the league is looking to get rid of
with elbow down, going through the back. that's a minor penalty

with an elbow up through the back of the head, you're getting suspended

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You're misstating what the problem is here. It's not that Kane will be punished, it's that Lucic and Krouse won't.

The answer to "you gave me a speeding ticket but not these other guys who were also speeding" isn't to not give out any tickets... it's to increase enforcement.

Well the other problem is that the hits aren't anything alike.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
with elbow down, going through the back. that's a minor penalty

with an elbow up through the back of the head, you're getting suspended

It doesn’t matter whether your elbow is down or not in this case. When you’re driving through a players back in full stride without letting up it warrants a major and can be reviewed for supplemental discipline per rule 43. What Poink and Ferraro had in common is that they both came up holding their head. Both were dangerous illegal hits with an intent to injure and both warrant suspensions. Lucic did that twice which makes it even worse.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
$5000 fine and a stern talking to by Paris seems about right. No worse than a cross check to the windpipe.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It doesn’t matter whether your elbow is down or not in this case. When you’re driving through a players back in full stride without letting up it warrants a major and can be reviewed for supplemental discipline per rule 43. What Poink and Ferraro had in common is that they both came up holding their head. Both were dangerous illegal hits with an intent to injure and both warrant suspensions. Lucic did that twice which makes it even worse.
yeah no

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hopefully he gets something this time for targeting the head. It baffled me that his careless two-hander to the head of Benning that put the Oilers dman out for a few weeks wasn't even reviewed by DoPS.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Sure Kane was a bit aggressive there but what the f*** is pionk doing. He takes the hit properly and it's just a good hard finished check.

Should be suspending Pionk for making it dangerous.

Reactions: Phu

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
The league should take a look into doing more for suspensions. Say if you purposely hurt or injure a player, if hes out for 10-15 games, then your out of the lineup for the same amount of games. Should really be an eye for an eye already, NHL is so soft when handing out suspensions. Do something more to make players stop doing stupid things.

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal

You’re right. The Lucic hit was far worse. Not even a penalty lol. I can’t remember a player being suspended by Parros for a hit on a sharks player. Shocker

We know. Every Shark suspension all time is because they played for the Sharks. Oh also, Bertuzzi-level hits happen every game against the Sharks, but go unpunished because Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad