Confirmed with Link: Dzingel to CBJ

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
That stupid Finn, should better read Hf board, people there understand hockey way better, they will tell him what to do!!! Trade Bob and Bread for first crumbs and climb back under the rock, because terrible Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh are Toronto are in Playoff, it is better not to go there at all! We must sit quietly at the bottom and not gleam. Yeah, and frankly, your city is **** .

Sums it up perfectly

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Which may be Jarmo's ultimate play. Adding Duchene and Dzingle to replace some of the production voided by trading Panarin (and maybe Wennberg), while simultaneously driving the market up because he's thinning the pool of talent.

Some coup it would be to get a huge return on Panarin and/or Wennberg.

I imagine Nashville has to be beside themselves to get something done now

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We are down to 3 picks this year (3rd, 4th, 7th) and potentially 4 in 2020 (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th) after Duchene resigns (thinking positive). If that's not giving up futures I don't know what is :)

I think this is the "buy" part and now comes the "selling."

Yes, it is giving up futures, but when you are a young team, I don't think it is that big of a deal. We are really young at the NHL level and didn't give up any of our top prospects to get 2 1st/2nd line forwards. I mean, we only gave up Abramov and Davidsson to get Dzingel and Duchene.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Go to the mains, it's comedy gold. Our team is going to be bottom feeders for the next century. I wanted them to sell not buy. I can't even be mad. Who doesn't want their team to win.

I'm with you. I was all in on trading Panarin (and Bobrovsky if we could), but I am loving this. Even if it doesn't work out. We are going for it and I love that.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yes, it is giving up futures, but when you are a young team, I don't think it is that big of a deal. We are really young at the NHL and didn't give up any of our top prospects to get 2 1st/2nd line forwards. I mean, we only gave up Abramov and Davidsson to get Dzingel and Duchene.

The only caveat - this could be a one and done team. Losing all those picks could really hurt if these guys get bounced in the first two rounds. Imagine if not only Bob and Bread walk, but so do Duchene and Dzingle.

Reactions: Jackets16

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
For the people who are worried about the lack of draft picks, remember we can trade up at the draft and we have one of the best drafters in the league. If there is anyone we should be confident with in finding great players late in the draft, it's Jarmo.

Reactions: Jackets16

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
For the people who are worried about the lack of draft picks, remember we can trade up at the draft and we have one of the best drafters in the league. If there is anyone we should be confident with in finding great players late in the draft, it's Jarmo.

It's hard - nigh, impossible- to trade up if you don't have picks or players to trade. 4 big name UFAs all walking does not leave us enough to trade up at the draft.

I think Panarin is being dealt.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Honestly, what the hell are we going to do with Wennberg? I can’t imagine him taking the 2RW spot and getting Bjorkstrand bumped to 4th line duty, or worse.
Are there any defensemen that's like Wennberg? Once showed promise. Signed a big contract and then went downhill? Someone tgat could get back on track with a change of scenery?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Well then explain to me how trading 2 1sts and 2nd along with 2 B prospects is "mortgaging the future" when Jarmo finds players like Bemstrom in the 4th round?

Not worried.

Exactly. We can get a few middle round, or later, picks if we wanted to and Jarmo would probably get us a few good players with those picks.

We traded Abramov and Davidsson for 49 goals and 53 assists.

Last edited:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
It's hard - nigh, impossible- to trade up if you don't have picks or players to trade. 4 big name UFAs all walking does not leave us enough to trade up at the draft.

I think Panarin is being dealt.
I'm decently confident they can sign Duchene, even more confident they can sign Dzingel.

Also, we can trade up with other prospects. See the year we traded Kolesar to land to Texier.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I just keep thinking back to however many years ago when we were going after... was it Brad Richards? And we thought we’d get him and thought we’d get him and then didn’t. Then we sold off Feds and Foote.

This may ultimately all go to shit but it certainly feels a lot better than that did.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
..and a 2019 first. 2020 second. 2021 second. But I'll hold final judgement until Monday when the big picture becomes clearer.

Definitely some legacy defining moments going down right now though. Pretty wild when you stop and think about it.
I'm not sure Werenski is the only one with balls as big as the building.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Another question. If Jarmo is going all in (keeps Bob and Panarin) is he willing to burn a year off a rookie contract and have Vladislav Gavrikov come if he's available? I guess he would have to be willing to come to the NHL.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
The only caveat - this could be a one and done team. Losing all those picks could really hurt if these guys get bounced in the first two rounds. Imagine if not only Bob and Bread walk, but so do Duchene and Dzingle.

Then we made a run for it and only gave up 1 first, 2 seconds, Abramov, Davidsson, and Duclair. We would still have Dubois, Jones, Werenski, and all of our top prospects. It is a risk, but it is worth it, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad