Confirmed with Link: Dzingel to CBJ

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Is trading Wennberg at the point going to even return anything? Or will the CBJ have to take on some of the salary?

This is giving up too much of the future for a playoff run but what other assets do they have to trade unless Panarin is traded?
They're saving Wennberg for the Stone trade. :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I hope Dzingel is good for you guys. He can be a bit streaky, and not great at defense, but he's fast as hell, has good hands, and real nose for the net. He's scored some absolutely clutch goals for us and I'm sure he'll help you guys too.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Very good trade for the Jackets IMO. Get Dzingel and only two 2nds along with getting rid of Duclair.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I hope Dzingel is good for you guys. He can be a bit streaky, and not great at defense, but he's fast as hell, has good hands, and real nose for the net. He's scored some absolutely clutch goals for us and I'm sure he'll help you guys too.

Thanks, sounds a lot like Duclair actually. Aside from the turnovers and sequences of floating, Duke is actually a pretty good player. Lots of speed, loves to skate with the puck, and can finish. Hopefully he gives you guys some excitement, he can be really good when he's on.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Did we really give up that many futures though? Sure, we gave up some draft picks, but we still have all of our top prospects. We just got 2 1st/2nd line forwards and we didn't give up any of our top prospects. I am not saying I would be against trading Panarin, but I think I would keep him now and I was always for trading him.

We are down to 3 picks this year (3rd, 4th, 7th) and potentially 4 in 2020 (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th) after Duchene resigns (thinking positive). If that's not giving up futures I don't know what is :)

I think this is the "buy" part and now comes the "selling."

Reactions: Sore Loser

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
No way we move forward with only 7 picks in the next two drafts.

Wasn't it Portzline who reported earlier this year that he expected the lineup to be vastly different before the end of the season? I think we are seeing that turnover.

Reactions: Toe Pick

BrianT12

May 24, 2013
The draft is becoming an afterthought. Hopefully the CBJ can sign a few College FAs.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
“Not great at defense” is a huge defensive upgrade over Duclair

With a good center he can be a great complimentary player.

That was the biggest goal he ever scored. While most of his goals are wristers either off a break or a pass, he has a good sense of just where to be and make the most of it.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Haven't heard them say one of these phrases all year.

You're kidding right? Jarmo must have said "protect the future" a least a dozen times when talking about the Russians. Every interview Davidson gives it's we are a draft and develop organization.

Look, I get living in the moment and I'm excited about these acquisitions, but I'm not interested in building a one hit wonder.

Anyhow -- welcome Dzingle.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I am starting to wonder if they are going to go for it it with this group, and then sell to recoup some draft assets in the off-season.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think he stays, but I imagine the market for Panarin is sky high now.

Which may be Jarmo's ultimate play. Adding Duchene and Dzingle to replace some of the production voided by trading Panarin (and maybe Wennberg), while simultaneously driving the market up because he's thinning the pool of talent.

Some coup it would be to get a huge return on Panarin and/or Wennberg.

Reactions: Jaxs and Toe Pick

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I guess in HF Universe, the goal is to hoard draft picks and not win actual hockey games?

Yes Tampa is good but the Metro is weak and there’s every chance we can win this damn division.
That stupid Finn, should better read Hf board, people there understand hockey way better, they will tell him what to do!!! Trade Bob and Bread for first crumbs and climb back under the rock, because terrible Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh & Toronto are in Playoff, it is better not to go there at all! We must sit quietly at the bottom and not gleam. Yeah, and frankly, your city is **** .

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You're kidding right? Jarmo must have said "protect the future" a least a dozen times when talking about the Russians. Every interview Davidson gives it's we are a draft and develop organization.

Look, I get living in the moment and I'm excited about these acquisitions, but I'm not interested in building a one hit wonder.

Anyhow -- welcome Dzingle.
Well then explain to me how trading 2 1sts and 2nd along with 2 B prospects is "mortgaging the future" when Jarmo finds players like Bemstrom in the 4th round?

Not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad