Confirmed with Link: Dzingel to CBJ

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
This is putting the kart in front of the horse..

but what type of money is Dzingel likely looking for on his next deal? 5x$5-5.5M?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I've running under the thought that the front office wanted to salvage what they could from a potential disaster in Panarin and Bob leaving. This would also seem to give Panarin the signal that they are serious about winning, although I'm not so sure they have any hope of that.

If they sign Duchene and Dzingel, the loss of Bob and Panarin are far more palatable. I tend to think that Duchene is actually more important to the franchise success than Panarin. We've had plenty of time to evaluate our existing group of centers, we were missing a top six center. Jenner is coming around, but doesn't seem like he could fill in on the top line for any length of time in the event of injury. Certainly no one below Jenner on the depth chart you really wanted to move up.

We've taken some huge gambles, but this seemed like the time to do it. If, for some reason, we can't re-sign any of these guys, there is going to be a lot of unhappy people in the organization. Luckily our players are young so it would be rough but we could fill in rosters spots via the FA market and still be competitive until we started drafting again. But there would be no room for poor picks in the higher rounds. We really won't have many ways to get back a high draft pick. We'd have to try and stay a playoff team, otherwise we would have given up top 15 picks for multiple years.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Internally he may know that finishing out of the playoffs or even making the playoffs and exiting in round 1 will be the end of his tenure in Columbus. So trading away future picks doesn't mean anything to his short term survival so no reason not to go all in.

I think Jarmo has earned a lot more rope than that, and I think JD and ownership probably agree with me. If anything he's introducing a lot more risk that he'd be fired by being so bold. He could have made the safe play and traded off for futures, but thought it would be a wasted opportunity for the team.

I still don't see him getting fired even with all of this risk, though perhaps there is a chance if the team completely falls apart down the stretch, and not just loses but looks like they are structurally unsound in some way.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
This is putting the kart in front of the horse..

but what type of money is Dzingel likely looking for on his next deal? 5x$5-5.5M?

It's a bit of a gamble with any player. It could go the way of Cam/Anderson or Wennberg/Dubinsky. If he WANTS to be here then I say sign him and hope that your research is good.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
For right now I like it but OMG what a huge gamble. If they don't make a deep playoff push and lose all 4 players and are left with nothing then shame on Jarmo. However if they make a deep push and sign Duchene, Dzingel and Panarin (assuming Bob is gone) and have years of success then Jarmo is a genius. Big risk, big reward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->