Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganLeafs19

Jun 29, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs Season:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to the Eastern conference finals for the 3rd consecutive season after beating the Boston Bruins 4-1 in the Atlantic Division final. The injuries to Kadri and van Riemsdyk haven't had as big an impact as many feared they would.

Round 2 Summary:

Eastern Conference:

Atlantic Division:
1. Toronto Maple Leafs vs 3. Boston Bruins
Game 1: Toronto 3-1
Game 2: Toronto 4-1
Game 3: Toronto 3-1
Game 4: Boston 3-2
Game 5: Toronto 5-1
Toronto wins 4-1

Metropolitan Division:
1. New York Islanders vs 2. Washington Capitals
New York wins 4-3

Western Conference:

Pacific Division:
1. Edmonton Oilers vs 3. Los Angeles Kings
Edmonton wins 4-0

Central Division:
3. Colorado Avalanche vs 4. Phoenix Coyotes
Colorado wins 4-0

Conference Finals:

Eastern Conference:
1A. Toronto Maple Leafs vs 1M. New York Islanders

Western Conference:
1P. Edmonton Oilers vs 3C. Colorado Avalanche

LoganLeafs19

Jun 29, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs Season:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are going back to the Stanley Cup Finals after beating the New York Islanders 4-3 in a thrilling 7 game series.

Round 3 Summary:

Eastern Conference:

1A. Toronto Maple Leafs vs 1M. New York Islanders
Game 1: Toronto 2-0
Game 2: New York 5-1
Game 3: New York 4-3
Game 4: New York 5-2
Game 5: Toronto 1-0
Game 6: Toronto 5-2
Game 7: Toronto 6-1
Toronto Wins 4-3

Western Conference:
1P. Edmonton Oilers vs 3C. Colorado Avalanche
Edmonton wins 4-2

Stanley Cup Finals:
1P. Edmonton Oilers vs 1A. Toronto Maple Leafs

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think I will do it too then :yo:. Now I just have to sit here for 3 hours :cry:. And some of the Penguins might get some realistic boosts because I watch the games.

You can skim through 2BC's videos if you want to do the very specific changes that he did.

AFter the first handful of teams, once I realized what he was doing I just skimmed through most of the teams and made the changes that I wanted to make and felt that he would make himself.

Turns out almost 99% of them were the same things he did when I went back and skimmed through the video again (the only thing I didn't do was the prospects and maybe one or two players he made worse).

It shouldn't take you that long once you get into the groove.

It'll be totally worth the experience.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Okay, so I've noticed a trend with this game and was wondering if any of you guys have too??

I've noticed that if you are 30th, and are supposed to get the #1 pick, you NEVER do, you always pick 2nd. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them??

Happened to me a few times.

The trick, almost every time you have a high draft pick, is to save the game before the prospects game.

The game does a "lottery" of the top picks, much like in real life, and occasionally you get bumped from the 1st overall position.

If it happens, just quit, load up the save before the prospects game, and go into the draft again and the lottery should work in your favour.

NOTE - IF YOU DON'T SAVE BEFORE THE PROSPECTS GAME, BUT SAVE AFTER THE PROSPECTS GAME, THEN THE OUTCOME OF THE LOTTERY WILL BE THE SAME EVERYTIME.

Meaning if you get 2nd pick instead of 1st, and you end up saving after the prospects game, reload and tyr again, you will always get 2nd. The lottery I guess occurs at the same time as the prospects game.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
No they changed that glitch if you could call it that, if you save day before, re-load, it'll be same draft order. :cry:

wait, You're still playing 12? lol how can you with such outdated rosters and prospects? :P

Then maybe save right after the prospect game :laugh:? No idea they changed it, then again I haven't had a lottery pick for 13/14.

I stopped playing my NHL 14 BeAGM a few weeks ago - just not enough there to capture my interest for some reason. Same with 13, I think the furthest I've gotten would be around 2017/2018. In 12, I had multiple GM modes where I went to the late 20s.

I think I went on a quick binge of an old NHL 12 Dynasty I had going before Christmas. Outdated rosters and prospects don't really matter because I'm already 15+ years in lol. I still have an updated roster from the end of the 2011-2012 season, wouldn't be so bad to start from there or just update the rosters to reflect changes if I wanted to start a new one.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Happened to me a few times.

The trick, almost every time you have a high draft pick, is to save the game before the prospects game.

The game does a "lottery" of the top picks, much like in real life, and occasionally you get bumped from the 1st overall position.

If it happens, just quit, load up the save before the prospects game, and go into the draft again and the lottery should work in your favour.

NOTE - IF YOU DON'T SAVE BEFORE THE PROSPECTS GAME, BUT SAVE AFTER THE PROSPECTS GAME, THEN THE OUTCOME OF THE LOTTERY WILL BE THE SAME EVERYTIME.

Meaning if you get 2nd pick instead of 1st, and you end up saving after the prospects game, reload and tyr again, you will always get 2nd. The lottery I guess occurs at the same time as the prospects game.

Ohh! BEFORE the prospects game...I didn't know that :P I wondered why it kept it the same the day before. :P
thanks for the input!! :)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
GM McGee Jumps Ship!

Yes folks, GM McGee has stepped down as GM of the Penguins, and signed a 3 year contract with the Sabres to be their new GM. He'll be in tough as the Sabres have had top 5 picks the past 5 years, once even holding the #1 and 2 picks in the 2014 draft!

Congrats on the new job....and GOOD RIDDANCE!!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
New Era Begins in Buffalo!

When GM McGee was brought on to be the new Sabres GM, many were panicking, thinking he'd do the same thing he did to Pittsburgh and blow the entire team up. But not so fast hockey fans, he has a vision that he talked about.
"While I was in Pittsburgh, I felt like the team had to be blown up. Crosby, as great a player as he is, just wasn't going to win another cup in Pittsburgh, and it wouldn't be fair to do that to just one player, so i made the bold decision to just..blow it up. Did I go overboard? Yeah, you could say I did, but now the Penguins have a different GM and MY focus is on Buffalo and getting this team back into the Playoffs, and winning the Cup. We have a lot of great young pieces here, and we can do it."

Here's a look at the Sabres opening night line-up for the 2016-2017 season.

Mouslon(84 SNP) - Hodgson(85 PLY 4 Green) - Rychel(82 PWF 4.5 Red)
Foligno(82 PWF 3.5 Green) - Ennis(85 SNP 4 Gold) -Ruhwedel(82 OFD 3.5 Gold)
Booth(81 PWF) - Berglund(83 PLY) - Larsson(78 SNP 3.5 Red)
Richardson(77 TWF) - Stajan(81 TWF) - Kaleta(73 GRN)

Ekblad(87 TWD 4.5 Gold) - Myers(87 TWD 4.5 Red)
Ehrhoff(84 OFD) - Hainsey(83 TWD)
McNabb(82 TWD 3.5 Gold) - Gryba(82 DFD)

Makarov(84 HYB 3.5 Green)
Enroth(83 HYB)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i was think of starting a gm with only players i like under the age of 23. I would create a team and have all those players thoughts?

It'd be interesting for sure! But one problem I can foresee happening is cap issues, especially with high potential players. If you wanna do it, go for it, it'll be fun I know that!! But, that damn cap...unless you turned it off! ;)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Massive Moves!

Just before the start of the season, GM McGee makes his biggest move so far, trading for a young star in the making, Jonathan Drouin!!

:bolts get
LW Matt Moulson 84 SNP
C Mikhail Grigorenko 77 SNP 4.5 Gold
2 1st round picks
2nd
:sabres gets
LW Jonathan Drouin 89 SNP 4.5 Gold
RW David Clarkson 83 GRN

"I felt like this team could use a legitimate star, and Jonathan is one in the making. You can go on all you want about draft picks, but its worth it for a young star thats ready to break out."

The Sabres made more moves as well.

:flames get
C Zemgus Girgensons 78 TWF 4 Green
3rd
:sabres get
C Ralph Turner 78 TWF 4.5 Gold (He was just drafted by the Flames this year, so it was an easy decision to trade Zemgus for him, when he's barely grown over the last 3 years!)

:wings get
LW Kasperi Kapanen 61 TWF 3.5 Green
2 Unsigned Prospects
:sabres get
LW Anthony Mantha 76 PWF 4.5 Gold

Last edited:

Monny Monahan

Dec 29, 2013
Calgary
ps3gmchfb.chatango.com
Massive Moves!

Just before the start of the season, GM McGee makes his biggest move so far, trading for a young star in the making, Jonathan Drouin!!

:bolts get
LW Matt Moulson 84 SNP
C Mikhail Grigorenko 77 SNP 4.5 Gold
2 1st round picks
2nd
:sabres gets
LW Jonathan Drouin 89 SNP 4.5 Gold
RW David Clarkson 83 GRN

"I felt like this team could use a legitimate star, and Jonathan is one in the making. You can go on all you want about draft picks, but its worth it for a young star thats ready to break out."
i think clarkson is the bigger star

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Not really feeling my Team USA thing anymore. First person to reply picking one of these teams is the one I will do.

PIT, DAL, SJS, FLO, OTT, or TOR.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I have played a whole season with the Colorado Avalanche, a first in my video game history. I finished 45-27-10, 100 points, 1st place in the Western Conference. I didn't make any trades or waiver claims.

Nathan MacKinnon led the team with 32 goals in his rookie season, and Matt Duchene led the team in assists (45) and points (74) in 78 games played.

Erik Johnson was awesome on defense, with 14 goals, 51 points, 85 PIM, and a +34 rating. Probably a shot at the Norris. However, defense was a weakness most of the season.

In net Varlamov was incredibly shaky: 25-22-6 with a 2.83 GAA and 3 SO. Jamie McGinn was also a disappointment with only 12 goals and 27 points in 82 games. But, I somehow scored 18 goals with Max Talbot.

Lines going into the 1st Round against the Nashville Predators (40-34-8):

O'Reilly (84) - Duchene (87) - Parenteau (84)
Landeskog (85) - Stastny (85) - Tanguay (84)
McGinn (80) - MacKinnon (80) - Talbot (81)
Bordeleau (71) - Mitchell (79) - McLeod (75)

Hejda (82) - Johnson (86)
Guenin (73) - Barrie (82)
Benoit (73) - Sarich (78)

Varlamov (82)
Giguere (76)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad