Dynasty Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Florida makes 2 trades, 4 big free agent signings

Florida is busy once again

Florida has made 4 trades on July 1st, the first day of free agency. Here are the 2 newest ones
To Florida: Christian Ehrhoff
To Buffalo: Brian Campbell, 2019 2nd Round Pick
Florida improved slightly on D-man, and the upgrade only cost a 2nd pick nearly 6 years from now. They had to retain 2.3M of Campbell's salary, but it will likely be worth it

To Florida: Ben Hanowski, James Martin
To Calgary: Tomas Kopecky
This was mainly a cap dump for Florida. Kopecky is either a good 3rd liner RW or a decent 2nd line RW. Florida gets 2 prospects in exchange who likely will play in the AHL this year.

Florida also made 4 major free agent signings

Clarke MacArthur: 3 yrs 10.8M (AAV 3.6M)
MacArthur will add scoring to the 2nd line. Not afraid to throw a big hit or play dirty

Brendan Morrow: 2 yrs 5M (AVV 2.5M)
Morrow adds size and grit to the Panthers, a team that could really use some. He also brings leadership and could provide between 25-40 points

Andrew Ference: 3 yrs 12M (AVV 4M)
Ference improves Florida's Top 4 on defense. Florida needs another veteran presence on the blue line after Campbell's trade. Ference can bring that

Nathan Horton: 4 yrs 26M (AVV 6.5M)
Arguably the best UFA on the market, Horton returns to his former team. He is a big presence on the 1st line and it's not unrealistic to expect 60+ points.

ZeroPT*

I've had bad luck with SJ and MIN but Dallas and Tampa yielded my most successful GM modes with a total of 12 cups in 15 years in 2 GM modes combined

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Florida makes changes in crease

Florida continues their busy off season, this time drastically improving their goaltending.

Future Hall Of Famer and arguably the best goalie of all time, Martin Broduer, was traded again. This time to the Calgary Flames, for no more than AHL Goalie Joey MacDonald.

Florida then traded Scott Clemmensen to Chicago, a team with horrendous goaltending after losing Crawford and Emery, for no more than a 2014 4th Round Pick, which Chicago acquired in a previous trade with Edmonton.

Then, Florida signed the best UFA Goalie Corey Crawford to a 5 year deal worth 32M. That's an AAV of 6.4M

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Florida announces 2013-2014 Opening Night Roster and Lineup

Fleischmann-Huberdeau-Horton
MacArthur-Mueller-Versteeg
Morrow-Goc-Shore
Bjugstad-Matthias-Parros

Kulikov-Ference
Ehrhoff-Gudbranson
Petrovic-Weaver

Crawford
Markstrom

Florida also announced their Captain and Alternates, after buying out former captain Ed Jovanovski

Captain: Nathan Horton
Alternates: Tomas Fleischmann, Dmitry Kulikov

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hmm interesting responses! Vancouver, San Jose seem to be the cream of the crop of 'cursed, un-winable' teams.
Oddly enough, I won the cup in season 1 with a San Jose GM mode I did a while ago.
But the team I've had troubles with the most is Carolina. For some reason, after editing Ward down to an 84, the team just can't get it going.

I think we should all try something. We should all try to be a team that another person on here is having troubles with, post everything you do and whatnot, and see if/when you can make the 'cursed' team win. Anyone interested? It'd be something cool to try, since we're so close to the end of 14 anyways.

I definitely want to do Dallas. I've not ever done them yet in 14 so I think I should 'tie up my tie' in Dallas' front office.

List of remaining teams(I've seen):
Anaheim
Boston
Dallas(GAMO1992, me)
Minnesota
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Jose
St. Louis
Vancouver

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Hmm interesting responses! Vancouver, San Jose seem to be the cream of the crop of 'cursed, un-winable' teams.
Oddly enough, I won the cup in season 1 with a San Jose GM mode I did a while ago.
But the team I've had troubles with the most is Carolina. For some reason, after editing Ward down to an 84, the team just can't get it going.

I think we should all try something. We should all try to be a team that another person on here is having troubles with, post everything you do and whatnot, and see if/when you can make the 'cursed' team win. Anyone interested? It'd be something cool to try, since we're so close to the end of 14 anyways.

I definitely want to do Dallas. I've not ever done them yet in 14 so I think I should 'tie up my tie' in Dallas' front office.

Anaheim
Boston
Dallas(GAMO1992, me)
Minnesota
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Jose
St. Louis
Vancouver

Sounds like fun. I'd be interested.

ZeroPT*

Anaheim
Boston
Dallas(GAMO1992, me)
Minnesota
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Jose
St. Louis
Vancouver

we can do whatever we want? How long would the GM be?

I'd love to blow up the canucks and rebuild from season 1

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I'm pretty sure EA has code that ensures your team will lose in the playoffs or at least gives it a very high likelihood. My simmed team finished first in the league and then promptly got knocked out in five games by the low seeded blue jackets. I even reloaded a save to see if it was a luck thing and nope, the jackets won in five games 6/6 tries

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
You guys ever have issues with the game freezing when trying to sim past the first day of free agency?

What a bunch of ********. So frustrating.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
we can do whatever we want? How long would the GM be?

I'd love to blow up the canucks and rebuild from season 1

Yep, anything you want, barring a fantasy draft, and creating self made 99 players lol.
But you can edit some of your prospects that are poorly rated.

AND I'd suggest moving just the big names that were traded/signed over the last couple weeks aka Halak to NYI, Volchenkov to Nash, Kesler to Ana etc.

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Anaheim(Captain Nutjob)
Boston
Dallas(GAMO1992, me)
Minnesota
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh(A Calgary Flames Fan)
San Jose
St. Louis
Vancouver(ZeroPT)

Updated to include the teams

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Big changes for Pittsburgh

The Pittsburgh Penguins have fired General Manager Ray Shero, and have hired a new GM only known as "Jay"

"I'm really happy to be joining this historic franchise. My number one goal is to bring a Stanley Cup here" Jay said at his introduction press conference

The Penguins had a rough time during the 2014 Playoffs, and Jay has talking about making big moves.

"I'd say that, excluding top prospects, everyone is up for a trade. We aren't really a rebuilding team, but we really need improvements"

Jay as also confirmed big names such as Crosby, Malkin and Letang are not untouchable

"If the offer is right, I'm open to trading some of our superstars"

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
BREAKING NEWS: Penguins trade Sidney Crosby to Montreal Canadiens​

Sidney-Crosby-Penguins-2013_zps4af9e252.jpg

Superstar Sidney Crosby was traded to the Montreal Canadiens this morning

New Penguins GM Jay wasn't kidding around when he said he was looking to make a big trade

Both teams confirmed that Superstar Sidney Crosby has been traded to the Montreal Canadiens, his boyhood team

"I'm very thankful for what Pittsburgh has done for me, and I'm really thrilled to be joining the historic Montreal team. I feel so honoured to simply wear their jersey. I'm excited"

Here are the full details of the trade

To Pittsburgh: Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk, Josh Gorges
To Montreal: Sidney Crosby, Derrick Pouliot, Scott Harrington, 2016 & 2017 1st Round Picks

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm getting tired of my Dallas one. Maybe one more season and then Seattle. Not sure yet.

In a fantasy draft, what round does Drouin usually go in? I want him for Seattle but I don't want to reach.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Penguins make second major blockbuster of the day

Pittsburgh has made yet another major trade

To Pittsburgh: Morgan Klimchuk, Mark Giordano, Sven Baertschi, Sean Monahan, T.J Brodie

To Calgary: Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, James Neal, Harry Zolnierczyk, Matia Marcantuoni

This really shakes things up again. Calgary greats 3 franchise players while Pittsburgh gets some really good prospects, some of which can make an impact right now. Mark Giordano is a very underrated D-Man who can work the top pairing with either Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik or Josh Gorges

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
2016/2017 pre-season report

The Kings lost again in the first round of the playoffs, this time in 7 games to Jonathan Toews and the Calgary Flames. The team was hit hard by the injury bug late in the season. The teams biggest move of the year happened just prior to the trade deadline as The Kings acquired All-Star Defenseman Ryan McDonagh from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for D John Moore, LW prospect Adam Lowry and the team's 2nd round pick. The Penguins had been interested in Moore all season long and the addition of the 77 OVR, 4* Lowry along with the pick was enough to convince them to trade the highly regarded McDonagh. 45 y/o Teemu Selanne was claimed off waivers allowing him to make a farewell stop in Southern California to end his career. Selanne got off to a good start in LA unfortunately he suffered a concussion that prevented him from being able to play at the end of the regular season and the playoffs and would ultimately be a deciding factor in Selanne retiring at the conclussion of the season.

The Kings drafted scrubs to even out the organization.. The team signed UFA's Jared Spurgeon and Alex Killorn.
Sam Bennett will begin the year in Manchester after little development at the NHL level.

2016/2017 roster

Marchand (85) - Bergeron (88) - Toffoli (82, 4* green)
Benn (87) - M. Richards (84) - Williams (83)
Tedenby (85, 3.5* green) - Barzal (77, 4.5* yellow) - Kristo (83, 3.5* yellow)
Killorn (81) - Stoll (80) - Lewis (80)
Moller (79) - Laata (78)

McDonagh (88) - E. Johnson (89)
R. Murray (86, 4.5 yellow) - Spurgeon (85, 3.5 green)
Benn (77) - Sustr (81, 3.5 red)
Goloubeff (80)

Quick (92)
J. Gibson (81, 4.5* yellow)

Manchester Monarchs

Zacha (74, 4.5 yellow) - S. Bennett (79, 4.5 yellow) - Trocheck (77, 4* yellow)
Winchester (73, 3* red) - Kempe (70, 4* yellow) - Fontaine (79)
Puempel (75, 4* red) - Noebels (75, 3* red) - Barbashev (71, 4* red)
Perlini (72, 4* yellow) - Marchment ( 63, 3* red) - Pulkkinen (77, 3.5* red)

G. Reinhart (76, 4.5* yellow) - Sproul (75, 3.5* red)
Forbort (74, 4* yellow) - McKeown (70, 4* red)
Pouliot (74, 4.5* yellow) - Dougherty (69, 3.5* yellow)
S. Morin (70, 4* red)

Kuemper (78, 3* yellow)
Bartosak (69, 3* green)

Last edited:

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I'm getting tired of my Dallas one. Maybe one more season and then Seattle. Not sure yet.

In a fantasy draft, what round does Drouin usually go in? I want him for Seattle but I don't want to reach.

With my editing I think he went round 5 or 6 but usually he goes round 11-15 I think. I like the Seattle deal, I relocated the Coyotes there in I think NHL 11 or 12 and had a fun dynasty. Plus I live in the region so it would be cool to do.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
I'm the type of person who can't stick with one GM Mode very long, so I'm gonna do my 3rd one in less than 24 hours :P (Sorry if that's getting kinda annoying, I'll really try to stick with this one)

NHL makes 2 major announcements​

The NHL confirmed that the Phoenix Coyotes have gone defunct. The NHL has announced they will place a franchise in the Canadian city of Kelowna, and will be known as the Kelowna Vikings.

Fans were surprised at Kelowna being handed the franchise, as the city has a population of only about 150,000 and there are other cities in British Columbia alone more deserving of a franchise. Nonetheless, the Kelowna Knights will join the NHL for the 2013-14 season.

The 2nd major news is that the NHL will conduct a fantasy draft. Every player in the NHL will still have their contract, but will now be drafted by a different team. Each team will get 32 picks, which cannot be traded.

The draft will be held shortly before the Pre-season

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Welcome to the 2013 NHL Fantasy Draft

Here is the draft order

1. Kelowna
2. Los Angeles
3. Winnipeg
4. San Jose
5. Toronto
6. Buffalo
7. Carolina
8. Anaheim
9. Dallas
10. Nashville
11. Ottawa
12. Edmonton
13. Pittsburgh
14. Detroit
15. Calgary
16. Minnesota
17. St.Louis
18. Chicago
19. Columbus
20. Boston
21. Vancouver
22. Colorado
23. Philadelphia
24. Tampa Bay
25. Florida
26. Washington
27. New Jersey
28. New York (Islanders)
29. Montreal
30. New York (Rangers)

Players selected by Kelowna
Round 1: Sidney Crosby
Round 2: Niklas Kronwall
Round 3: Cory Schneider
Round 4: Dan Girardi
Round 5: Chris Kunitz
Round 6: Nikita Kucherov
Round 7: Dougie Hamilton
Round 8: Jonathan Drouin
Round 9: Teddy Purcell
Round 10: Anders Lindback
Round 11: Alexei Emelin
Round 12: Hampus Lindholm
Round 13: Sven Baertschi
Round 14: Jaromir Jagr
Round 15: Anthony Mantha
Round 16: Francois Beauchemin
Round 17: Zemgus Girgensons
Round 18: Austin Watson
Round 19: Sami Vatanen
Round 20: Ray Whitney
Round 21: Peter Budaj
Round 22: Louis Leblanc
Round 23: Mark Visentin
Round 24: Hal Gill
Round 25: Mark Pysyk
Round 26: Anton Stralman
Round 27: Corban Knight
Round 28: Steve Bernier
Round 29: Shea Theodore
Round 30: Kevin Porter
Round 31: Carl Soderberg
Round 32: Raphael Diaz

Kelowna drafted an excellent mix of veterans and stud prospects. They will be a fairly weak team now, but could dominate in no more than 2 or 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad