Dynasty Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
The Kings have finished the 2013/2014 season with a record of 42-36-4 and missed the playoffs. The Tampa Bay Lightning led by Dustin Brown, Sergei Bonrovsky, Martin St. Louis and Kevin Shattenkirk have won the Stanley Cup.

At the trade deadline I was offered a couple trades I couldn't pass up. John Moore and a 2nd from Columbus for Cody Bigras and Dan Boyle to Edmonton for their 2014 1st. Before the 3rd round I traded LW Stefan Noesen and my 2015 4th for Samuel Morin, Pick 62 and a 2015 2nd.

Here's top 10 picks of the 2014 entry draft and the Kings selections.

1. Detroit - Aaron Ekblad (D) 79, 4.5 green
2. San Jose - G. Hughson (G) 61, 5* yellow
3. Toronto - T. McIlrath (G) 75, 4.5 green
4. Boston - Nikolaj Ehlers (LW) 69, 4.5 yellow
5. Vancouver - Sam Reinhart (C) 80, 4.5 yellow
6. Phoenix - William Nylander (C) 70, 4.5 yellow
7. Columbus - Michael Dal Colle (LW) 77, 4.5 yellow
8. Buffalo - Haydn Fluery (D) 71, 4.5 yellow
9. Pittsburgh - Jake Virtanen (LW) 71, 4.5 yellow
10. Minnesota - Leon Draisaitl (C) 79, 4.5 yellow

Los Angeles Picks

13. Sam Bennett (C) 79, 4.5* yellow
27. Brenden Perlini (LW) 70, 4* yellow
37. Adrian Kempe (C) 66, 4* yellow
43. Ivan Barbashev (RW) 69 4* red
62. Roland McKeown (D) 68.4* red
73. Dominic Turgeon (C) 57,3* yellow
103. Aaron Haydon (D) 58, 3.5* red
121. Mike Amadio (C) 59, 2.5* green
163. Matt Mistele (LW) 64, 3* red
193. Jake Marchment (C) 59, 3* red

Made a few minor trades and signed some b level free agents.

2014/2015 Los Angeles Kings

Brad Marchand (85) - Patrice Bergeron (88) - Tyler Toffoli (81)
Jamie Benn (88) - Mike Richards (84) - Justin Williams (83)
Sam Bennett (79) - Jarrett Stoll (81).- Charlie Coyle (80)
Sean Bergenheim (81) - Shawn Matthias (84) - Mattias Tedenby (77)
Ben Smith (80) - Justin Fontaine (79)

Nick Leddy (86) - Erik Johnson (89)
Mark Giordano (85) - Ryan Murray (82)
John Moore (82) - Jordie Benn (78)
Michael Roszival (79)

Martin Brodeur (80)
John Gibson (77)

I might send Bennett back to junior for a year.

Projected Top 5 for 2015 draft

1. Connor McDavid
2. Jack Eichel
3. Noah Hanifin
4. Colin White
5. Oliver Kylington

Last edited:

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Trades, Trades, and More Trades

rsz_108363778_zpscd55378b.jpg

Cam Fowler was one of many players brought in to the organization.

Just two days before Preseason was set to begin, the Seattle Spartans looked as if they were going to be the same team as they were in Edmonton. No moves had been made by newly signed GM Nutjob. That changed very quickly. Within a total of just 5 hours, 4 trades were made, including one that would ship captain Andrew Ference to Colorado. The Spartans held a press conference announcing these trades. The press conference can be found below.

"It has been 8 years since this organization has seen a glimpse of postseason hockey. We have made a couple of trades that will shake up the lineup and bring us one step closer to making the playoffs. The first trade we made was with the Colorado Avalanche."

To Seattle: Erik Johnson
To Colorado: Andrew Ference, Martin Gernat, 2016 2nd

"We feel Erik Johnson can help us not only short term, but also long term. He brings in a big defensive presence, one that we have been lacking for quite some time. The next trade comes with the Washington Capitals."

To Seattle: Evgeny Kuznetov
To Washington: A couple of future 2nd rounders

"Evgeny Kuznetov is a guy that will help us tremendously on the bottom six. We believe we made a great trade, and it came for a relatively cheap price. Next, we swapped 2nd round picks with the New York Islanders."

To Seattle: 2014 2nd round pick
To New York: 2015 2nd round pick

"And finally, the biggest trade that we have been saving for last. This trade was made with the Anaheim Ducks."

To Seattle: Cam Fowler, Nick Bonino
To Anaheim: Martin Marincin, David Musil, future mid-late picks

"We felt Martin Marincin was a hit or miss, and the Spartans need defense now. Bringing in Erik Johnson and Cam Fowler will be a big help. Nick Bonino puts the icing on the cake with this deal. Bonino will serve as a 3rd liner."​

Up Next: Preseason Wrap-Up/Regular Season Preview

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Who should I replace if I do a Seattle BAGM?

I'm still contemplating whether I'd do my first fantasy draft or not.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Here is your 2022 Pittsburgh Penguins.

Offense:

Takashi(87) - Palmer(88) - Munroe(89)

B.Clarkson(85) - Zigomanis(87) - Repik(84)

Daze(82) - Klinge(78) - Ustorf(81)

Draper(78) - Megna(74) - Insana(79)

Mackie(72)

Defense:

Crombeen(85) - Maatta(87)

Despres(85) - Pouliot(83)

Samuelsson(77) - Leduc(80)

Henrique(74)

Goaltending:

Demers(87)

Baranka(78)

Traded Letang in 2016, Malkin in 2017 and Crosby in 2019. I went for packages based around high 1st round picks and a decent prospect. I try to make a trade to get in the top 10 every year and always make sure to have 2 first round picks each offseason.

ZeroPT*

Has anybody played with Florida before?

Bjugstad and Barkov are still 81 overall and I'm heading into season 3...

Do they usually take forever to develop?

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I was without power all weekend (live in Fredericton and got hit by the Hurricane) so I was unable to continue my Dynasty until this morning:

:flames 3 - 4 :nucks

KASSIAN TALLIES THREE AS CANUCKS BEAT FLAMES​

Canucks winger Zack Kassian began the season on a tear, scoring three goals to lead the Canucks past the Flames in the season opener. "I was just feeling it tonight" said Kassian, who finished the game with six hits. Kassian ran circles around the Flames defence, looking dangerous every time he was on the ice.

Canucks goalie Ryan Miller again looked shaky as he allowed three goals on nine shots. The Canucks will need Miller to step up his game, or it will be a long season in Vancouver.

Dan Hamhius tallied Vancouver's other goal. Hudler, Glencross and Backlund scored for Calgary.

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014

I never see Bjugstad develop, but Barkov usually starts to develop after 1-2 seasons for me.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
Did a big write up on my phone but it got deleted before I could post it.

So in summary the Kings went 41-33-8 and lost in round one of the playoffs.
I ended up with 4 1st round picks #7,#16,#17 and #30.

Top 5 in the draft were McDavid, Eichel, Kylington, White and Hanifin.

Kings selected Mathew Barzal, Nicholas Roy, Pavel Zacha and Ryan Pilon.

Nick Leddy, Charlie Coyle and a 2nd round pick were traded for Jonathan Quick.

2015/2016

Marchand (86) - Bergeron (89) - Toffoli (82)
Benn (89)- Richards (85)- Williams (84)
Tedenby (81) - Bennett (79) - Kristo (80)
Winnik (78) - Stoll (81) - Lewis (81)
B. Smith (78) - Emmerton (78)

R. Murray (83) - E. Johnson (89)
J. Moore (81) - Goloubef (80)
Benn (77) - Vatanen (79)
Savard (78)

Quick (92)
Gibson (79)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Okay, so here's a question I would like EVERYONE to chime in on.
Which team(s) have you tried to win a cup with, only to fail year after year, no matter the roster you put together?
The floor is yours now gents.

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Preseason Wrap-Up

The Seattle Spartans end preseason with a record of 3-3. Taylor Hall lead the team with 4 goals and 3 assists, which gave him a total of 7 points. Erik Johnson tallied 2 goals and a team high 4 assists, good for 6 points. Other point leaders were Jordan Eberle with 5 points, David Perron with 5 points, and Nail Yakupov with 4 points. Viktor Fasth played in all six games, winning three with a shutout.

Preseason Stats

Goals: Taylor Hall (4)
Assists: Erik Johnson (4)
+/-: Cam Fowler (+3)
Wins: Viktor Fasth (3)

Regular Season Preview

Going into the regular season, the Spartans are expected to do much better than last year. With some added depth and defense, they may turn out to be a solid team, perhaps grabbing a wild card spot. "I would like the team to make the playoffs this season, but I won't be mad of we don't. I told GM Nutjob that I am expecting 38 wins this season, any less than that is unacceptable. said Owner Daryl Katz.

With just days left to go before the regular season kicks off, the Spartans appear to be rolling without a captain. Seattle lost their initial captain, Andrew Ference when he was traded to the Colorado Avalanche for Erik Johnson. The Spartans have announced the lines for opening night, and they also announced the three alternate captains.

Opening Night Lines

Taylor Hall (88) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (86) - Jordan Eberle (86)
David Perron (84) - Sam Gagner (84) - Nail Yakupov (83)
Boyd Gordon (81) - Nick Bonino (81) - Evgeny Kuznetsov (80)
Jesse Joensuu (77) - Matt Hendricks (78) - Ryan Jones (80)

Erik Johnson (85) - Cam Fowler (84)
Jeff Petry (82) - Justin Schultz (83)
Mark Fraser (78) - Philip Larsen (79)

Viktor Fasth (83)
Ben Scrivens (81)

Alternate Captain: Taylor Hall
Alternate Captain: David Perron
Alternate Captain: Erik Johnson​

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Which team(s) have you tried to win a cup with, only to fail year after year, no matter the roster you put together?

Vancouver Canucks..did this one for 10 years and those morons couldn't win a Cup if their life depended on it. Traded for superstars, drafted top prospects, you name it, and I probably did it. Typical Canucks I guess.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Weird. I always see Bjugstad hit 85-86 and Barkov 89-90 by that time. That's pretty much where they stay, but they develop quickly in the GMs I've done.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Stars seem to have the curse for me.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013

Dallas for sure. Went all out on a penguins one for a few years and never got anywhere.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Every single team. :rolleyes:

Who should I replace if I do a Seattle BAGM?

I'm still contemplating whether I'd do my first fantasy draft or not.

Carolina. That's what I did.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
St. Louis

I even got Malkin on that team and we still nevee rgot out of the 2nd round. :shakehead

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Only a few days before the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers, a team expected to rebuild drastically this off-season, have announced they are willing to trade their 2nd overall draft pick in exchange for a Top 6 forward and a Top 15 draft pick. Not many teams willing to discuss, but still expect Florida to be busy on draft day.

The big day has arrived, and the Florida Panthers are still listening to trade offers, but it seems they will likely hold on to the 2nd overall pick. The Panthers have confirmed that if Seth Jones is available when they pick, they will not draft him, as they said they need more help up front than on the back end.

The dominoes have began to fall in Florida, as the Panthers announced they have traded veteran defenceman Filip Kuba to the New York Rangers in exchange for 62nd overall pick in the draft and the Rangers 2014 first round pick. Florida will not trade the 2nd overall pick.

The Florida Panthers haved selected Nathan MacKinnon from the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL with the 2nd overall pick. "I'm thrilled to join the Panthers" MacKinnon said. "I feel I can make a big impact with this team right away". MacKinnon's teammate Jonathan Drouin went first overall, selected by the Colorado Avalanche.

Florida had traded prospect Quinton Howden to the Dallas Stars in exchange for the rights to free agent Luke Gazdic, goalie prospect Jack Campbell and the 40th overall pick in the NHL Draft.

Here are the players Florida drafted in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft
2nd C Nathan Mackinnon
32nd D Ramus Ristolainen
40th G Devon Fordyce
62nd G Bolton Pouliot
92nd G Philippe Desrosiers
97th LW Marc-Olivier Roy
147th D Kirill Vorobev
152nd C Trevor Cox

Florida improved depth in the crease, drafting 3 goalies, while stocking the cupboards on Forwards and Defence. Shockingly, the Panthers did not draft a Right Wing, a position they lack depth on.

We will bring you an off-season report on the Florida Panthers soon

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary

Oddly, whenever I try to do a rebuild GM Mode with either the Flames, Islanders or Panthers they either win the cup or go for a deep run.

I haven't had much cup success with Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Anaheim or Boston

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Here is the first off-season report on the Florida Panthers

The Panthers have tendered qualifying offers to all their RFA's, the most notable being Peter Mueller, Shawn Matthais, Jack Skille, Colby Robak and Jacob Markstrom

Florida has signed Nathan MacKinnon to a 3 year entry level contract, with an AAV of 650K

Florida has bought out the contracts to Captain D Ed Jovanovski and LW Scottie Upshall
Jovanovski had 2 years remaining on his contract with an AAV of 4.125M
Upshall had 2 years remaining on his contract with an AAV of 3.5M

Florida has been busy today, signing several RFA's
Shawn Matthias: 2 yrs 1 way 5.6M (AAV 2.8M)
Peter Mueller: 2 yrs 1 way 5M (AAV 2.5M)
Colby Robak: 2 yrs 2 way 1.6M (AVV 800K)
Jacob Markstrom: 1 yr 1 way 1M

Despite rumours, Florida will not buy out LW Sean Bergenheim, but are very likely to trade him.

We will bring you another off season report during the Free Agency period

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Florida gets busy with trades on opening day of Free Agency

Florida lived up to the rumours of being very busy in the 2013 Offseason, and they got to work right away making 2 trades

To Florida: Paul Bissonnette, Mathieu Brisebois, 2014 5th Round Pick
To Phoenix: Sean Bergenheim
This shouldn't be a huge surprise. Florida announced during the resign phase they would very like trade Bergenheim. Phoenix is a team in need of winger depth. Florida improves their AHL team with Bissonette and Brisebois. They also get an additional pick in 2014

To Florida: Martin Brodeur
To New Jersey: Colby Robak
Brodeur trade rumours have been around ever since he became a superstar. Even with his increasing age and declining stats, many fans thought Brodeur untradeable. Then Florida, a team with weak goaltending, asked New Jersey what the return for Brodeur would be. Wanting nothing more than a young defenceman, Florida immediately offered Colby Robak and the trade was accepted right away. "It's sad to leave New Jersey, I'm glad I get another chance in Florida. I don't expect to win a cup, but the cheers of loyal fans is more than enough for me" Brodeur said, after hearing about the trade.

Expect Florida to make some big free agent signings

ZeroPT*

Weird. I always see Bjugstad hit 85-86 and Barkov 89-90 by that time. That's pretty much where they stay, but they develop quickly in the GMs I've done.

well it's year 3 and Barkov has finally progressed substantially. He's leading the team in points with 60+ and he has a +21 rating which is good.

I dealt Bjugstad for Schenn and a 1st :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad