Dynasty Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
From last thread:

So I have encountered a problem ... I've done a huge roster overhaul, editing prospects, I created nhl draft prospects such as Kevin Fiala, Alex Tuch, Dylan Larkin etc.and placed them on teams that hold their CHL rights.

For some reason all the prospects are locked in with Anaheim as their pro team and it will not let me change it. The draft year remains as undrafted as it should, I ran a test season to see how the draft would shake out and for some reason none of the created prospects were in the draft but after the draft they all appeared on Anaheim roster. How do I fix this so it doesn't happen again?

When you create players, you should make them 18 or older. After creating them, find them in Free Agency and Edit them to be the correct age. That's how it used to work in like NHL12, so hopefully that will work again.

stanthepanthersfan

Jun 13, 2014
Don't know if any one knows this, but i read somewhere and tried, that you can buy out other teams players during the resign phase, thought id share.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Eye of the Storm Part II
2014nhldraft.jpg

The 2014 draft has the potential to be franchise altering for the Hurricanes if they play their cards right

[fieldset="Table of Contents"]
Part I: Organizational Tear Down
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="The Draft"]
With the 3rd Overall Pick, the Carolina Hurricanes Select...

There was a lot of activity at the draft table as the Hurricanes would jump at the opportunity to make a splash for their fanbase and provide hope towards the future. They found a willing partner in the Oilers, who held the 3rd overall pick. Carolina sent over the 6th overall pick, Tim Gleason (4.0W DFD), prospect Trevor Carrick (3.5Y TWD), a 3rd round pick, and a 7th round pick in exchange for Edmonton's first round selection.

The GM approached the podium and announced that the Hurricanes were selecting C Sam Reinhart (4.5y PLY) from the Kootenay Ice in the Western Hockey League. Additional picks from the Hurricanes included:

• C Sam Bennett (4.0Y TWF) selected 16th overall (from Calgary)
  • RW Joshua Ho-Sang (4.0Y PLY) selected 22nd overall (from NYR)
  • RW Ivan Nikolishin (3.5Y SNP) selected 36th overall
  • RW Mitch Holmberg (3.5Y SNP) selected 43rd overall
  • LW Nikita Yazkov (4.0R SNP) selected 66th overall
  • LW Radel Fazleyev (3.5R PLY) selected 96th overall
  • D Stefan Leblanc (3.5R DFD) selected 126th overall
  • D Alexis Vanier (3.0R DFD) selected 189th overall
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="2014-15 Season Preview"]
The Hurricanes had a busy off-season ahead, despite the limited number of free agents they were faced with resigning.

In:
Evgeni Nabokov (4.0W HYB), Ron Hainsey (3.5W DFD), Manny Malholtra (3.5W TWF), Joni Pitkanen (3.5W OFD), J.F. Jacques (2.5W GRN), Nathan Gerbe (2.0W PLY), Brad Stuart (4.0W DFD)​
Out:
Justin Peters (2.0W HYB), Antonin Khudobin (2.0W HYB), Alexander Frolov (3.5W PLY), Riley Nash (3.5R TWF), Tim Gleason (4.0W DFD)​

The Hurricanes made additional moves to improve their prospect depth, acquiring Juso Ikonen (3.5Y TWF) via trade, and signing Francis Beauvillier (2.5Y PLY) and Teuvo Teravainen (2.5Y PLY) after their original teams refused to offer them an entry level contract.

For the upcoming season, the Hurricanes will rely heavily on Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner who made significant strides last season and are poised to surpass this for the upcoming year. After a strong 2013-14 campaign, both Drayson Bowman (3.5Y SNP) and Calvin De Haan (3.5Y OFD) are expected to secure a permanent spot on the big club.

Projected 2014-15 Carolina Hurricanes Lineup

J.SKINNER (84) - J.STAAL "C" (89) - A.SEMIN (83)
D.BOWMAN (72) - K.WELLWOOD (79) - R.CALLAHAN (81)
TUOMO RUUTU (78) - MATT CULLEN (77) - P.DWYER (70)
J.F. JACQUES (72) - MANNY MALHOLTRA (77) - C.BEACH (62)

B.STUART (82) - J.PITKANEN "A" (76)
R.HAINSEY "A" (78) - J.FAULK (76)
C.DE HAAN (72) - M.WEAVER (73)

E.NABOKOV (82)
R.HELENIUS (83)
[/fieldset]

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm already ****ing sick of this Dallas BAGM because no matter how good I make the team they continue to suck.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think a Seattle BAGM fantasy draft will be my next one.

That, or back to Montreal since my last one was so short.

ZeroPT*

A new sun rises in sunny Florida

The panthers fired GM Dale Tallon and proceeded to hire GM Zero. The new Manager has very little experience and comes as a shock hire to most fans,pundits and fellow executives alike.

His opening press release read very interesting quotes.

"We finished last place in 12-13. We obviously want to improve and build off that.
We have nice pieces in place like Huberdeau,Bjugstad,Barkov,Gudbranson,Kulikov and veteran pieces like Boyes,Campbell and Luongo."

"My goal? The cup. Now, will that happen over night? Of course not, but I do feel that with the right moves our team could challenge for the playoffs in a relatively weak conference."

"We have a glut of prospects and top young players who all have massive potential. We want to squeeze every ounce of potential out of them, and that falls in our development department which needs work."

The new GM wasted no time in beginning to build a better team. His 3rd day in office saw him complete a deal with the Chicago Blackhawks. The Panthers acquired 22 year old forward Andrew Shaw in exchange of veteran Thomas Kopecky.

Zero then moved Scott Gomez,a 2016 3rd and an unsigned prospect to Anaheim for forward Nick Bonino.

"These two moves add relatively young forwards with great contracts and give us alot of maneuverability to insulate our youngsters and upgrade our forward's at the NHL level."

He then made another ploy to get Colin Greening from Ottawa in exchange for Tom Gilbert and a 3rd in 2015.

"He's got size and a nice contract. He's like Bonino and Shaw. Good pieces with potential who can help protect our kids"

And the biggest move of the day was picking up Jaromir Jagr from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for prospects Marc Mancari and 3 mid round picks.

"Jagr is a legend. He'll help our kids on and off the ice. Many look up to him, and haing him alongside some of our kids will be a great addition"

Zero completed an active day by signing free agent goalie Rick DiPietro to a 1 year $1.5M contract.

Here are the new look Florida Panthers:

Fleischmann(84)-Bonino(82)-Boyes(82)
Huberdeau(82)-Barkov(80)-Jagr(84)
Greening(81)-Bjugstad(80)-Shaw(82)
Upshall(79)-Winchester(75)-Bergenheim(80)

Kulikov(84)-Campbell(84)
Whitney(82)-Gudbranson(82)
Jovanovski(80)-Robak(77)

Luongo(86)
DiPietro(81)

ZeroPT*

@PierreLeBrun

Panthers trying to move Bergeinheim for D-man. Want right shot.

ZeroPT*

TRADE:

Panthers trade Sean Bergenheim for Marek Zidlicky and 2nd rounder.

ZeroPT*

ALL STAR BREAK UPDATE:

The Panthers are 30-20-8 at the All-star break and are 2nd in the Atlantic division.

In a radio interview Zero made important points:

-The youngsters are doing great. Barkov,Bjugstad,Kulikov,Huberdeau...
-Bonino fits well and is a big part of the scoring depth
-He likes the way the team is laid out. 3 scoring lines and a tough,energy 4th line.
-Defense has been average. Could look to make moves to upgrade
-Jagr has been a revelation and is a big part of Barkov's success
-Luongo has been great

Fleischmann leads the team in points with 38. Here's the top 5:
1-Flash 38
2-Huberdeau-37
3-Jagr-37
4-Barkov-37
5-Boyes-35

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I should make my stuff more organized like Kellogs, but I'm too lazy and have no idea how to do that stuff. :laugh:

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Decided to start a new GM with the Edmonton Oilers and moved them to Seattle. First write-up soon.

Captain Nutjob

Nothing to see here
Mar 13, 2014
Edmonton Relocated, Under New Management

Over the past couple years, there have been talks of Seattle gaining a professional hockey team. In order for that to happen, a current team must be relocated, and that team is the Edmonton Oilers. In the process, the Oilers have also fired head coach Dallas Eakins, who was brought in last season, and lead them to a horrendous record of 29-44-9. Edmonton also fired General Manager Craig MacTavish, who coached the team since 1999. He lead the Oilers to one Stanley Cup Finals, which was in the 2005-2006 season. Edmonton would go on to lose in the Finals to the Carolina Hurricanes.

With the firing of Craig MacTavish, the Oilers have agreed to terms with Captain Nutjob, who has a lot of experience in the NHL. He has managed a couple of teams such as the Buffalo Sabres, Anaheim Ducks, and the Winnipeg Jets. With Dallas Eakins being fired, the Oilers have hired the best player of all time. 'The Great One' Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky played on the Edmonton Oilers for 10 years, leading them to 4 Stanley Cups.

Obviously since the Edmonton Oilers are moving to a new city, they are no longer called the Edmonton Oilers. From here on out, they will be known as the Seattle Spartans. Rather than the orange and blue that the Oilers have been using, they will now be wearing green and black.

Quick Notes

- I didn't want to call them the Seattle Spartans. But it works I guess.

- I will post some pictures of the jerseys later...maybe. Too tired right now.​

Last edited:

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I got tired of creating prospects and editing players and decided to move forward with a fantasy draft. The Los Angeles Kings selected 28th overall and the roster is as follows.

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Toffoli
Jamie Benn - Mike Richards (85) - Justin Williams
Adam Lowry (74) - Jarrett Stoll - Tomas Kopecky
Mattias Tedenby - Landon Ferraro - Charlie Coyle

Prospects: Vincent Trocheck, Michael Latta, Stefan Noesen, Danny Kristo

Mark Giordano - Dan Boyle
Nick Leddy - Erik Johnson
Ryan Murray - Jordie Benn

Prospects: Sami Vatanen (74 4*), Jon Merrill, Griffin Reinhart (72 4.5), Derek Forbort, Derrick Pouliot 65, 4.5), Troy Rutkowski, Cody Bigras

John Gibson
Niklas Svedberg
Darcy Kuemper

Will sign some free agents for depth and to fill out the AHL team.

Projected top 20 for draft

1. Trent McIlrath (American goalie cpu generated)
2. William Nylander
3. Nikolaj Ehlers
4. Sam Reinhart
5. Aaron Ekblad
6. Jake Virtanen
7. Haydon Fluery
8. Garret Hughson (g)
9. Eetu Laurikainen (g)
10. Kasperi Kapanen
11. Michael Dal Colle
12. Mason McDonald
13. Robby Fabri
14. Nick Ritchie
15. Alex Tuch
16. Leon Draisaitl
17. Dylan Larkin
18. Thatcher Demko
19. Nick Schmaltz
20. Sonny Milano
23. Sam Bennett (79, 4.5)

ZeroPT*

PANTHERS BOOK PLAYOFF TICKET

The panthers are headed to the playoffs and their first round opponent are the Rangers.

RANGERS:51-24-7
PANTHERS:41-30-11

St.Louis lead the Rangers with 78 points which is 25 points higher than the Panthers top scorers Huberdeau and Fleischmann.

Fleischmann(84)-Bjugstad(80)-Boyes(82)
Huberdeau(84)-Barkov(80)-Jagr(84)
Greening(81)-Bonino(81)-Shaw(82)
Upshall(79)-Winchester(74)-Crabb(78)

Kulikov(84)-Campbell(84)
Whitney(82)-Gudbranson(82)
Jovanovski(80)-Zidlicky(80)

Luongo(86)
DiPietro(81)

GM Zero season review:
"we improved a lot and we're headed to the playoffs. That was always the goal. Now, anything can happen" he proclaimed

"We have good depth all over the ice, we have an elite goalie and a lot of youth heading into their first playoff dance. I look forward to it"

lundqvist-vs.-panthers-594x360.jpg

ZeroPT*

FLORIDA WINS FIRST SERIES IN OVER A DECADE

Florida were rated very low in the playoff picture in the east, as they squeezed in with the last playoff seed, meaning they played the top rated Rangers.

Many pundits and analysts predicted the Rangers would dispose of the young panthers rather easily, they were wrong.

The Panthers won the series in 6 games with Sasha Barkov leading the way. Luongo was a key part of the Panthers win as they were outshot in 5 of the 6 games.

Aleksander-Barkov-575x418.jpg

Florida will face off with the New York Islanders in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

:panthers vs :isles

ZeroPT*

PANTHERS CRASH AND BURN IN ROUND 2

The Panthers were anticipating another upset but instead lost in round 2 in humiliating fashion as they were sweeped by the Isles.

GM Zero "I thought we had a legit chance.. it was gutting and I don't think it was really fair. We deserved more"

128794003_std.jpg

ZeroPT*

PANTHERS OFF-SEASON 2014-2015

The panthers ended the season on a disappointing note and look to improve on their 2nd round exit from last year.

The draft came and went with Florida making two note worthy picks:
Michael Dal Colle 18th overall 4 gold stars LW PLY 66 overall
Julius Honka 71st overall 4.5 red stars RHD OFD 65 overall

Re-sign stage:
Kulikov 2 years $2.8M AAV
Gudbranson 1 year $2.07M AAV
Pirri 1 year $0.9M AAV
Robak 2 years $0.7M AAV

Free agency:
Dustin Penner 4 years $2.2M AAV
Daniel Paille 1 year $1.4M AAV
Nikolai Kulemin 5 years $2M AAV
Vernon Fiddler 3 years $1.7M AAV
Nikita Nikitin 5 years $3.37M AAV
Brian Elliot 2 years $1.45M AAV

Trades:
To Florida:
Tyler Myers 86 overall TWD

To Buffalo:
Dylan Olsen 77 overall DFD
Jimmy Hayes 80 overall PWF
Scott Upshall 79 overall TWF
Vincent Trocheck
2015 2nd round pick

To Anaheim:
Joey Crabb 78 overall TWF

To Florida:
Anaheim 2nd round pick 2015

To Edmonton:
Brad Boyes 82 overall SNP
McFarland 65 overall PLY 3.5 green stars

To Florida:
David Perron 83 overall TWF

To St.Louis:
Thomas Fleischmann 84 overall PLY

To Florida:
Patrik Berglund 84 overall TWF

Line-up
Huberdeau(86)-Barkov(82)-Jagr(83)
Perron(83)-Berglund(84)-Bjugstad(81)
Penner(80)-Bonino(82)-Kulemin(80)
Greening(79)-Fiddler(78)-Shaw(81)

Kulikov(84)-Myers(87)
Campbell(84)-Gudbranson(83)
Whitney(82)-Nikitin(81)

Luongo(86)
Elliot(81)

GM Zero season preview:

"The goal remains the same as least year. Playoffs." he firmly stated
"We've added alot of guys who I think help us make the playoffs and challenge for the division. Our offense was lack-luster at times this year and I've gone out and picked up guys who bring a lot to the table in Kulemin and Penner, we also added Berglund and Perron for scoring depth."

"Our Defense is improved and we have legitimate depth and a very good transition Defense with lots of size and toughness back there"
"we also improved in the minors so I think it was a very productive summer for us"

101.gif

l Landeskog l

Landy 4 President
Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
So it's not just me that picked up Bennett pretty late in the draft. I got him like 36th overall. Not sure if the CPU GMs are dumb or...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So it's not just me that picked up Bennett pretty late in the draft. I got him like 36th overall. Not sure if the CPU GMs are dumb or...

Even when I upgraded his stats and potential he was still a late pick lol. Same with Ehlers.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
I should make my stuff more organized like Kellogs, but I'm too lazy and have no idea how to do that stuff. :laugh:

The hard part is setting it up the first time/figuring out how you want to format things. Once that's done, you just save a template to a txt file and fill in the blanks afterwards. To figure out a formatting trick that another poster does, just quote their post and see what they've done and play around with it :laugh:

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I don't have any write ups on it, but I'm in the second year of my Sharks franchise and I just pulled the trigger on two blockbuster trades.

To SJ: PK Subban

To MTL: Joe Pavelski, Justin Braun, Haydn Fleury, 2015 3rd

To SJ: Evgeni Malkin

To PIT: Filip Forsberg, Jared McCann, Mirco Mueller, 2016 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00