Dylan Strome Sucks

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The pairing of Strome and Domi seemed to produce great results. Domi is a scrappy puck hound and Strome seems to like to float around to empty space. They are both solid passers and managed to make Rinaldo look decent. I'm not sure who would be the best third player on the line, maybe someone like Fischer with some net front presence?
It seems to have invigorated Domi as well.

Reactions: Jmmack

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We have seen what Strome has done. Now send him back to Tucson for the playoffs.
I'd get him in that Vancouver game Thursday. They can deal with a tired Strome for Friday against Grand Rapids. If game one was in Michigan, I'd send him down now but since it's in Tucson I'd let him play Thursday. That's the nice thing about Tucson being just down the road. It's a short uber ride back.

Reactions: Heldig and Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
At one point I was advocating for a domi-strome-panik line. With the success of panik on the 1st line there is a big need for an opportunistic RW that loves to shoot the puck. There are 3 of them expected to be drafted in the top 7 or so picks this draft. Don't know if they can step right into the NHL. It would be great if Chayka could acquire a top 6 winger for next season.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
At one point I was advocating for a domi-strome-panik line. With the success of panik on the 1st line there is a big need for an opportunistic RW that loves to shoot the puck. There are 3 of them expected to be drafted in the top 7 or so picks this draft. Don't know if they can step right into the NHL. It would be great if Chayka could acquire a top 6 winger for next season.
Come on 2nd lottery!!!

Reactions: Heldig

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Grabner, if he works fine, if he doesn't trade him to a contender for picks at deadline.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, getting a shoot-first RW to play shotgun to Domi-Strome would be a top priority this offseason. Hopefully the draft gods are kind to us with a top 4-5 pick, but there may be options in UFA like Grabner. Or even, cough, Yakupov.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yeah, getting a shoot-first RW to play shotgun to Domi-Strome would be a top priority this offseason. Hopefully the draft gods are kind to us with a top 4-5 pick, but there may be options in UFA like Grabner. Or even, cough, Yakupov.
As we are still building I'm still a fan of signing a few free agents to one year a little too much deals and trading most of them at the deadline, rinse and repeat until we are challenging for playoff run.

Reactions: _Del_

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

The way it looks now, Coyotes will either draft 1 - 3, or (most likely) 8 -9.

This is unless the NHL magically gets this right and starts to ignore the last 20 games of the season when they decide the draft-order and lottery odds.

So many teams tanking their asses off. Disgusting.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He's starting to shut me up. He's looked really good during this call up. To the point where I think you could pencil him in to a center spot next season. I'd still like a safety net though. Given Strome's current play, the safety net wouldn't need to be as high end as someone like OReilly or RNH though. A slightly better Ryan Spooner would be ideal, someone who we can play at center or stash on the wing.

Edit: 10,000th post, bitches!

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like Nash, a lot, but it won't be a short list of teams interested. I've always liked Filppula, too, but I think he's mostly done as an impact player. Depends on how soft we want our bottom six.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
He's starting to shut me up. He's looked really good during this call up. To the point where I think you could pencil him in to a center spot next season. I'd still like a safety net though. Given Strome's current play, the safety net wouldn't need to be as high end as someone like OReilly or RNH though. A slightly better Ryan Spooner would be ideal, someone who we can play at center or stash on the wing.

Agreed. What about JT Miller. Pending rfa. Tampa can probably afford him this season but the following year Kucherov, Gourde, Point and THEIR ENTIRE BLUE LINE BESIDES HEDMAN AND SERGACHEV need new contracts.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He didn't play too well last game. He had a few unforced turnovers that shouldn't happen and made a few poor decisions under pressure, but he still looked like he belonged. He is definitely a different player than what we saw early on this season. I don't think he will play a single game in the minors next year.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Still liking Keller-Stepan-Panik.

Very intrigued by Domi-Strome-Fischer.

Would like to add a capable RW to Perlini-Dvorak-XXXXX

Depending on what happens in FA, we have Crouse, Dauphin, Cousins, Martinook, and Merkley all looking for a spot. Plus, I think we have some hidden gems in Bunting and MacInnis. Jury still out on Looke a little bit, but there is promise.

Would Philly be willing to deal Simmonds on his last year?

Keller-Stepan-Simmonds
Domi-Strome-Fischer
Perlini-Dvorak-Panik
Martinook-Dauphin-Cousins

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Plus, I think we have some hidden gems in Bunting and MacInnis. Jury still out on Looke a little bit, but there is promise.

MacInnis isn't progressing at all in Tucson. He has 12pts (5g 7a) in 55gms. Unless he makes a dramatic rise next season that will be the last with the Coyotes org as others are already passing him on the center depth chart. The kid looked good in the scrimmage game at Gila Arena, but then took a dump when down in Tucson.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
MacInnis isn't progressing at all in Tucson. He has 12pts (5g 7a) in 55gms. Unless he makes a dramatic rise next season that will be the last with the Coyotes org as others are already passing him on the center depth chart. The kid looked good in the scrimmage game at Gila Arena, but then took a dump when down in Tucson.

Yeah I don’t even consider him a prospect who has a shot. He’s gone as soon as we get an upgrade.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Clayton Keller with 23 goals leads this team in scoring. Perlini is second with 17 (but only 30 points which is low 3rd line production). The Coyotes need a goal scorer (or 2) in the worst way.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah I don’t even consider him a prospect who has a shot. He’s gone as soon as we get an upgrade.

Hard to say - after all, if we are able to use the logic that a new system at both the NHL and AHL level is cause for dips in stats or play, he probably still has another year or two to turn it around. I had thought Bunting was going to be our second coming of Vern Fiddler - just does the little things right, provides energy, some nastiness, and gives a yeoman's effort. He looks like he has put some things together and may have a chance as a call-up down the line. Still time, but maybe the window is closing on MacInnis. I still think he has some ability to push forward - he was described as a late bloomer anyhow, so it may take a little longer and he may never reach expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad