Dylan Strome Sucks

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hard to say - after all, if we are able to use the logic that a new system at both the NHL and AHL level is cause for dips in stats or play, he probably still has another year or two to turn it around. I had thought Bunting was going to be our second coming of Vern Fiddler - just does the little things right, provides energy, some nastiness, and gives a yeoman's effort. He looks like he has put some things together and may have a chance as a call-up down the line. Still time, but maybe the window is closing on MacInnis. I still think he has some ability to push forward - he was described as a late bloomer anyhow, so it may take a little longer and he may never reach expectations.
MacInnis is 22, late bloomer as you said and saw mostly 3th/4th line minutes in Tucson. He should have a shot at increased ice time with Strome's full-time promotion to the NHL next season. I'd give MacInnis at least 2 more years.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hard to say - after all, if we are able to use the logic that a new system at both the NHL and AHL level is cause for dips in stats or play, he probably still has another year or two to turn it around. I had thought Bunting was going to be our second coming of Vern Fiddler - just does the little things right, provides energy, some nastiness, and gives a yeoman's effort. He looks like he has put some things together and may have a chance as a call-up down the line. Still time, but maybe the window is closing on MacInnis. I still think he has some ability to push forward - he was described as a late bloomer anyhow, so it may take a little longer and he may never reach expectations.
Fiddler was much more productive in the AHL. Same for Brad Richardson and Nick Cousins and most of our notable 4th liners who’ve had good nhl careers. MacInnis is a bust.

Reactions: Yandover

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'll give MacInnis one more year with Strome presumably in the NHL full-time next season. But yeah, at this point, looks like he'll be a career AHL-er.

Ryan Donato was someone I really coveted with our 2nd in 2014. Imagine if we snagged both him and Dvorak that year lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->