Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With the flat cap over the next few seasons, I could certainly see trading Strome. Dach has higher upside and is going to need a contract soon enough. Likewise for Kubalik and Boqvist.

Strome feels like the odd one out to me. He has value but isn't untouchable like Dach, Boqvist are and Kubalik SHOULD be.
Kubalik isn't "untouchable" but he's not a guy you trade right now either. Have to give him another full season to really see what he can do before committing. Not unlike Gus after his hot season.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What makes Kubalik untouchable exactly. A single season scoring 30 goals while also having Brandon Pirri esque assist totals doesnt make one untouchable. He shouldnt be shopped but he isnt an untouchable piece at all yet

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What makes Kubalik untouchable exactly. A single season scoring 30 goals while also having Brandon Pirri esque assist totals doesnt make one untouchable. He shouldnt be shopped but he isnt an untouchable piece at all yet

Also had a high shooting percentage, so he’s a prime regression candidate. He does still provide other benefits when he’s not scoring though.

Reactions: d rake

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Also had a high shooting percentage, so he’s a prime regression candidate. He does still provide other benefits when he’s not scoring though.
I keep Kubalik for his shot alone. And I don’t mean like a quick little snapper that so many players can do.

He may very well I have top five bomb in the league, and he’s far and away our hardest shooter. Set him up in the Ovi spot (opposite side obviously) and he’ll be worth every penny.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

The only regulars on the team with higher individual shots/60 numbers were Kane, Debrincat and Saad. The only player with higher individual xGF/60 numbers was Saad.

The only regular on the team with higher on-ice shots/60 was Saad, the only regular on the team with higher on-ice xGF/60 was... nobody. He was the best.

He's putting a ton of rubber on the net in terms of shots and chances.

He had a high shooting percentage, but even without it, it's clear he's a guy that can create his own and shot.

I'm fine with making him play another year in hopes his sh% regresses and his price lowers, but he's absolutely a player you treat as an untouchable until contract talks.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I keep Kubalik for his shot alone. And I don’t mean like a quick little snapper that so many players can do.

He may very well I have top five bomb in the league, and he’s far and away our hardest shooter. Set him up in the Ovi spot (opposite side obviously) and he’ll be worth every penny.

Ya, definitely. I don’t say that in any way to be anti-Kubalik, just saying I think it’s something we need to be aware of/expect scoring regression as his percentage corrects down.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Ya, definitely. I don’t say that in any way to be anti-Kubalik, just saying I think it’s something we need to be aware of/expect scoring regression as his percentage corrects down.
I hope he's not a "Cy Young" type of guy that doesn't contribute offensively outside of goal scoring.

Both Strome and Kubalik should get bridges. Need to see more.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kubalik’s shot is FILTHY. Nothing to do with SH%

So is Ovi’s and his SH% was four points lower, which also happened to be Ovi’s career-best SH%

You can say you don’t expect Kubalik to continue scoring on 19% of his shots and still say he has a filthy shot. Both are true, I believe.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I agree. The 16 assists were a wee bit low though.

He was a rookie in a new league. That'll improve. Patrick Sharp didn't have high assist totals either in the beginning of his career at the same age. Nothing wrong with Kubalik's vision and passing that I've seen watching him.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
On the plus side, he grows facial hair faster than he skates.

upload_2020-7-20_17-48-26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad