Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
They don't need to insulate Dach. He is a 200ft player.

I was skimming through this season's games and man the progression for Dach is immense, even physically, huge difference.

He won't need to be sheltered, you're right.

Also, I've like the Nylander-Strome-Kane line. Nylander works on that line better than Cat. He's better defensively and better at zone entries taking some of that pressure off Kane allowing him to be more creative. Wouldn't mind another look at it next year.

Also I don't feel like Strome's game has peaked. He is still improving at faceoffs and I feel like he is a late bloomer who will really improve with more experience as he had very good hockey sense.

An in conclusion, appears Strome made his Insta private ... @Kevin Musto, what did you do??

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I hope he can improve his edges even if just a little bit. Any kind of improvement there would elevate his impact so much.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

upload_2020-7-14_14-43-40.gif

Reactions: x Tame Impala

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Depends where that pick winds up. Strome's value, in my opinion at least, is a 1st around 12-20. So if it's a mid 1st, sure. Late 1st would require some sort of add.
It'll probably be 24/25. I'd add a little but not much

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
what do you guys want for strome? Pittsburgh's first?
No reason to trade Strome for a pick straight up. Strome is already a sure-thing. A guy we get in the late 1st could take 3-4 years to become a player that isn't even as good as Strome.

Again, as I've said before, I think Strome is only getting moved if he's used as a sweetener in a cap clearing move.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think we need to keep Strome UNLESS both Barrett and Wise pan out for C 3 and C4 and Kurashev plays the wing like I think he should, to me Strome is a guy that will figure things out more as he moves along, his first year with us was GREAT, second, not so great but time will help and IMO some of the younger players that are on the way could very well be part of the strome solution so to speak and be really good linemate matches for him;.

youngsters that are on the wayin addition to the guys above if they live up to potential:
Suter
chalupa
entwhistle
Sarella
hagel
alty
kayumov
tepley

the hawks youth depth and prospects at F has greatly improved over the past two, three years. obviously Dach/debrincat, Nylander and strome are also young and already on the club.

couple that with the great young D we have coming the only question will be G and hopefully Nalimov comes over

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
No reason to trade Strome for a pick straight up. Strome is already a sure-thing. A guy we get in the late 1st could take 3-4 years to become a player that isn't even as good as Strome.

Again, as I've said before, I think Strome is only getting moved if he's used as a sweetener in a cap clearing move.

What about something around Kunin or Ek? Strome and Smith (1M retained) for one of them? I'm also in the boat that I'd rather get a semi established cheaper player coming back instead of a first this year. Although I'm not sure what Kunin will get on his next contract. Ek is signed for 1.5M for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
With the flat cap over the next few seasons, I could certainly see trading Strome. Dach has higher upside and is going to need a contract soon enough. Likewise for Kubalik and Boqvist.

Strome feels like the odd one out to me. He has value but isn't untouchable like Dach, Boqvist are and Kubalik SHOULD be.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->