1010mins with Kane
648mins with out Kane

81 total points
48 with Kane
33 without Kane

Points/60min
~2.86pts/60 with Kane
~3.06pts/60 without Kane

Anything else you want me to prove you wrong about @Blackhawks?

Where do you get these numbers? Also I am sure the “without Kane” numbers are hugely inflated by Cats insane season last year... I showed how Schmaltz can score with or without Kaner. Strome has been playing really bad this year, how people can’t see this is mind boggling, the guy is a turtle on ice, slowest forward in the NHL, we don’t need these kinda players here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where do you get these numbers? Also I am sure the “without Kane” numbers are hugely inflated by Cats insane season last year... I showed how Schmaltz can score with or without Kaner. Strome has been playing really bad this year, how people can’t see this is mind boggling, the guy is a turtle on ice, slowest forward in the NHL, we don’t need these kinda players here.
Natural stat trick
Oh, so now it's because he is playing with Debrincat. Do you move goal posts like this when you play hockey?
No wonder people ignore you.

How did you show that Schmaltz can produce without good talent beside him? Clayton Keller is no slouch.

Calling Strome the slowest forward in the NHL shows everyone your lack of hockey knowledge.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
His ppg would dictate a salary close to 6 at fair market rates, but I’m not convinced it’s the best use of resources. If he was a better center then yeah, but he’s really not a center.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
His ppg would dictate a salary close to 6 at fair market rates, but I’m not convinced it’s the best use of resources. If he was a better center then yeah, but he’s really not a center.

Ya, I think I’d be okay with Teravainen’s deal as being the ceiling for the Hawks. 5 years, $5.4 million AAV

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Natural stat trick
Oh, so now it's because he is playing with Debrincat. Do you move goal posts like this when you play hockey?
No wonder people ignore you.

How did you show that Schmaltz can produce without good talent beside him? Clayton Keller is no slouch.

Calling Strome the slowest forward in the NHL shows everyone your lack of hockey knowledge.

Who is slower? Last time you told me Smith is slower which is extremely laughable... Show me any other forward in the league that is slower please I would like to see it.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Like I said before.. @Blackhawks hate for Strome is as weird as his love for Kahun.

But hey... speed means everything, screw hockey sense, vision, shooting/passing, etc. Give me ALL the Skille and Stalbergs!

Reactions: d rake

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Like I said before.. @Blackhawks hate for Strome is as weird as his love for Kahun.

But hey... speed means everything, screw hockey sense, vision, shooting/passing, etc. Give me ALL the Skille and Stalbergs!

Wrong speed is not everything, if he had average speed I would be ok with it but he’s a turtle, slowest player in the league

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

All the stats presented and he makes a hard left turn. I’m more of a Schmaltz fan than Strome but the tip toeing is hilarious.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol now you're backpedaling by saying "slowest forward".

Anyway, Bobby Ryan, Milan Lucic, David Backes, Dan Giradi, Pat Maroon, Matt Martin, to name a few.

Nice try but none of those players are slower. Just goes to show you hes slower than the players considered slow by most. I can run much faster than him

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Strome is well above average at everything except skating and physical play, and he can be a physical player if he wants to be one. I wouldn't say he's elite at anything, but he could be in time in a couple areas. (passing/hockey sense) His shot is underrated and he should use it more. When Strome shoots he scores quite a few goal scorer's goals. I wouldn't say it's elite but it's definitely a notch below. He's a player that you look at and it's really easy to see why he was a 3rd overall pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Strome is well above average at everything except skating and physical play, and he can be a physical player if he want to be one. I wouldn't say he's elite at anything, but he could be in time in a couple areas. (passing/hockey sense) His shot is underrated and he should use it more. When Strome shoots he scores quite a few goal scorers goals. I wouldn't say it's elite but it's definitely a notch below. He's a player that you look at and it's really easy to see why he was a 3rd overall pick.
not that easy.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strome is well above average at everything except skating and physical play, and he can be a physical player if he want to be one. I wouldn't say he's elite at anything, but he could be in time in a couple areas. (passing/hockey sense) His shot is underrated and he should use it more. When Strome shoots he scores quite a few goal scorers goals. I wouldn't say it's elite but it's definitely a notch below. He's a player that you look at and it's really easy to see why he was a 3rd overall pick.
Right, because he's generational at everything...

But for real his playmaking and hockey IQ are elite.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Right, because he's generational at everything...

But for real his playmaking and hockey IQ are elite.

I agree with the bold. I just disagree with you in thinking that alone makes him worth up to $8 million.

I think his shortcomings in other areas lower his value.

Last season he showed elite hockey IQ and playmaking. I haven't seen it this year. Therefore right now I'd say he's a notch below elite in both areas, with the ability to get there in a year or two. He shows flashes of elite playmaking and hockey IQ but I can't say that someone has elite hockey IQ when they defer to Kane/Cat when the correct play is to shoot the damn puck. I've seen that way too often from him this season. It was a disease that affected both Kane and Panarin when they were playing together as well, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad