Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I can’t see it working with both him and Kane, they just get eaten alive in their own zone and can’t get the puck out. If Kane weren’t on the roster I’d maybe consider it with the right wingers, but Kane isn’t going anywhere.
Kane will be stapled to Dach's wing. I say keep Strome and give him guys like Kurashev and Suter. Kubalik is OK with him but I think Kubalik is best if he doesn't have to be one of the main guys retrieving the puck and can cheat a little more finding soft spots in the defense to unleash his shot.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kane will be stapled to Dach's wing. I say keep Strome and give him guys like Kurashev and Suter. Kubalik is OK with him but I think Kubalik is best if he doesn't have to be one of the main guys retrieving the puck and can cheat a little more finding soft spots in the defense to unleash his shot.

Once Toews comes back it would be really interesting to see a line with Kubalik and Kurashev (feel like his game will mesh very well with Toews)...then maybe you put Dach with Kane and DeBrincat and Strome with Suter and Shaw...

Reactions: Muffinalt and jls24

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I wouldn’t do that. Dach/Reichel ideally become the core of our new first line and then find the third wheel in a guy like Kurashev or Kubalik.

Hopefully Toews comes back next year and he and Kane can anchor a line.

Reactions: jls24

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kurashev and Strome should stay together.

I think Kubalik should go back to Toews.

?-Toews-Kubalik
?-Dach-Kane
?-Strome-Kurashev

Those should be the pairings. DeBrincat should be on either the Toews or Kane line, but not with Strome.

as someone that has watched *checks notes* zero games of beniers i think he would be a good fit with toews

Beniers-Toews-Kubalik
Suter-Dach-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kurashev

Reactions: Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
as someone that has watched *checks notes* zero games of beniers i think he would be a good fit with toews

Beniers-Toews-Kubalik
Suter-Dach-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kurashev

I like Dach and Kane in that second line role. Whenever Toews comes back he needs talent on his wings to help him push back and neutralize top competition — opening the door for the Kane and Strome lines to succeed.

Without the Toews line doing that, I don’t know how much success this team will have aside from Kane making flashy offensive plays but giving the goals right back the other way.

So the idea of an elite up and coming two-way guy like Beniers with Toews is awesome, but Kubalik really needs to show more of a commitment to two-way play as well.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I like Dach and Kane in that second line role. Whenever Toews comes back he needs talent on his wings to help him push back and neutralize top competition — opening the door for the Kane and Strome lines to succeed.

Without the Toews line doing that, I don’t know how much success this team will have aside from Kane making flashy offensive plays but giving the goals right back the other way.

So the idea of an elite up and coming two-way guy like Beniers with Toews is awesome, but Kubalik really needs to show more of a commitment to two-way play as well.

Quennville

Crow

May 19, 2014
I'm considering snagging Strome in fantasy, how is he looking?

Is he the 1C next to Kane? Is he on the 1st unit PP? Any of this kind of info could be useful!
He is extremely underrated here because people want him to be something he is not. Seems like a solid fantasy pickup.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Are you kidding me? Do you see what 5 million gets you? Josh Anderson makes 5.5 million.
Anderson has a lower points per game average, .44 compared to .64 for Strome. But Anderson has other components to his game, most notably a physical component. Strome adds absolutely nothing without the puck.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
He was really good last game I thought. Hustling, playmaking. Kudos to him, but the line composition is the biggest reason imo. He now has two fast wingers who forecheck and backcheck, so he can be the last one up the ice which actually benefits his skillset very well. And coming back on D they cover for him like that too.

It's Kurashev mostly too, even though Kubalik is better at all that this season. What a fit Kurashev is with him, he's blazing fast and extremely responsible, easily assuming center duties if needed... coz well, he's a center.

I really like last game's Strome, that player is an asset. But can't help wonder if Suter would be more impactful in his spot for example. There is some opportunity cost.

Anyway, let him play as much as possible with ideal linemates this year, and then we will ultimately see whether he should stay or not when Toews and Dach are back, and everyone can fight for spots. It's really good to have him this year no question.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Don't mean to brag, but he's really turned a corner since I coined his Stromboli nickname.

Imagine trying to shutdown this thread

It's easy to miss the close thread button for us.

ImportantSneakyEeve-small.gif

Crow

May 19, 2014
Anderson has a lower points per game average, .44 compared to .64 for Strome. But Anderson has other components to his game, most notably a physical component. Strome adds absolutely nothing without the puck.
Yeah they are not the same type of player, nor did I say that. Hard to think of a similar player to Strome that signed a long term deal recently. The point is Strome is a higher caliber of player and will be making more than 5 million in his UFA years quite certainly unless his play drops off dramatically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad