Prospect Info: Dylan Sikura

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Pretty simple you bring back Sikura regardless of whether you like him or not. He will be eligible to go to Rockford without being exposed to waivers. Getting deeper and better I am all for. Getting rid of a talented player because he doesn't fit the gritty narrative is just dumb.

Reactions: bwana63

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Pretty simple you bring back Sikura regardless of whether you like him or not. He will be eligible to go to Rockford without being exposed to waivers. Getting deeper and better I am all for. Getting rid of a talented player because he doesn't fit the gritty narrative is just dumb.

I suggest you watch as many playoff games as possible, and then ask yourself honestly if this team is built to compete at crunch time.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I suggest you watch as many playoff games as possible, and then ask yourself honestly if this team is built
to compete at crunch time.

I've watched plenty of playoff games. I never said this current Blackhawks team is playoff caliber.
But what is the point of getting rid of a talented player?
Getting better I'm all for. Getting rid of Sikura to replace him with next years version of Kunitz? Wingels? Bouma? Martinsen? Does that do anything for you?
Getting Brandon Tanev to replace him, yeah count me in.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've watched plenty of playoff games. I never said this current Blackhawks team is playoff caliber.
But what is the point of getting rid of a talented player?
Getting better I'm all for. Getting rid of Sikura to replace him with next years version of Kunitz? Wingels? Bouma? Martinsen? Does that do anything for you?
Getting Brandon Tanev to replace him, yeah count me in.

Now you're talking... though I don't see Tanev becoming available.

To be clear, I don't mind Sikura - but Stan needs to look for players of Tanev's ilk to reinforce the team.

Within the org: My (rather faint) hope is that Hayden can come to next years camp a step quicker.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
A small, soft but skilled forward with no grit, who has 0 goals in 38 games is not encouraging. I just don't see a roster spot for him in Chicago and I think JC may feel the same..
All I know is that Sikura was looking good the last few games he played. It was like he was starting to find the confidence to play in the NHL ... the goals will come.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I just can't believe he hasn't scored a goal after 38 games. As an offensive forward with little defensive upside I feel like that just can't happen.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I just can't believe he hasn't scored a goal after 38 games. As an offensive forward with little defensive upside I feel like that just can't happen.

But he had a few solid games of not scoring

That makes him absolutely awesome!

Like I said bring him back for Rockford but he cant be counted on to be part of NHL team

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
But he had a few solid games of not scoring

That makes him absolutely awesome!

Like I said bring him back for Rockford but he cant be counted on to be part of NHL team
Why do you even bother replying with people when you give zero logical thought to nuance?

Saying he showed some skill is saying he showed some skill... not saying he amazing.

Btw, already scores in Rockford tonight. But they're down 3-1

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Except is is pesky and good on the back check. He is willing to dig for the puck and will go to the net. This concept of needing 4th line grinder types to win is becoming outdated. He is a middle 6 player who can play all over the line up. This what you want on the team.

FYI, 23 is still really young for a player.

Not really young for a non Euro winger. He will be 24 before camp starts.

Caggiula is almost exactly 1 year older, played 4 years NCAA and was undrafted.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
2g including the game winner late in the third for Sikura in his return to Rockford.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not really young for a non Euro winger. He will be 24 before camp starts.

Caggiula is almost exactly 1 year older, played 4 years NCAA and was undrafted.

He is a first year pro this season and was an older college freshman. He is still young.

Caggiula started college earlier so that comp is off plus they don’t play anything a like.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I liked Sikky with Saad and AA. That would be a nice 3rd line for next year. Hope he has a good offseason, now that he knows what it takes to be a NHLer.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
He is a first year pro this season and was an older college freshman. He is still young.

Caggiula started college earlier so that comp is off plus they don’t play anything a like.

The point is that Sikura is a 6th rounder, most of whom never make it. Caggiula was undrafted, even more unlikely to make it, yet he has.

Sikura has not shown that he has what it takes to overcome his low selection, the selection position seems to be accurate thus far.

His age is the least of the issue.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
To be clear, I don't mind Sikura - but Stan needs to look for players of Tanev's ilk to reinforce the team.

Within the org: My (rather faint) hope is that Hayden can come to next years camp a step quicker

Tanev would be an excellent add.

I'm ready to throw in the towel on Hayden. The epitome of just a guy. OTOH, if the Hawks decide to bring him back, I'm fine with it.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Give someone else a chance, I’m sick of Hayden.

Stan has drafted or acquired very few players (if any) with the skill to play that abrasive kind of game.
On a positive: Probably the brightest kid in the org is Highmore - I expect him to win a bottom 6 role next season but Stan needs to search elsewhere for more help.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Stan has drafted or acquired very few players (if any) with the skill to play that abrasive kind of game.
On a positive: Probably the brightest kid in the org is Highmore - I expect him to win a bottom 6 role next season but Stan needs to search elsewhere for more help.

Barratt as well, no? I thought this guy was playing an abrasive game in college

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

He’s gotta earn it at this point, and earn it by playing well in Rockford to deserve another chance. If he doesn’t impress in Rockford then I don’t want to see him gifted anymore time in Chicago hoping he finally figures it out.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad