Prospect Info: Dylan Sikura

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He’s gotta earn it at this point, and earn it by playing well in Rockford to deserve another chance. If he doesn’t impress in Rockford then I don’t want to see him gifted anymore time in Chicago hoping he finally figures it out.

Can't wait to see how Highmore looks in Chicago. At the very least, I'd be he beats out Sikura for a roster spot.

Reactions: RayP

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He’s gotta earn it at this point, and earn it by playing well in Rockford to deserve another chance. If he doesn’t impress in Rockford then I don’t want to see him gifted anymore time in Chicago hoping he finally figures it out.

What do you mean finally? Highmore's been hurt all year, otherwise I'm sure he would have been on the Hawks roster at some point this season (after having a good camp). JC knows him, so we'll see.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Can't wait to see how Highmore looks in Chicago. At the very least, I'd be he beats out Sikura for a roster spot.
JC does like Sikura it seems. it depends on what we do free agency wise, if we bring in a forward or two, Sikura doesn't do well in a 4th line role, he would be the odd man out with Highmore likely slotting in on the 4th line...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What do you mean finally? Highmore's been hurt all year, otherwise I'm sure he would have been on the Hawks roster at some point this season (after having a good camp). JC knows him, so we'll see.

I was referring to Hayden.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
JC does like Sikura it seems. it depends on what we do free agency wise, if we bring in a forward or two, Sikura doesn't do well in a 4th line role, he would be the odd man out with Highmore likely slotting in on the 4th line...

Not sure about that. JC has acknowledged some aspects of his game (he has made some nice passes over a number of games) but I can't help but wonder how genuine those words are, especially when he may get shut-out for goals again this season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not sure about that. JC has acknowledged some aspects of his game (he has made some nice passes over a number of games) but I can't help but wonder how genuine those words are, especially when he may get shut-out for goals again this season.
your not sure about what? JC keeps playing Sikura with Kane and Toews, so I think it is fair that he likes Sikura and his upside. I just doubt he would put Sikura on a 4th line role which is why I said he would be that odd man out if we added a couple more UFA forwards. he could play top line in the AHL and be first call up when a top 6 injury happens.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
your not sure about what? JC keeps playing Sikura with Kane and Toews, so I think it is fair that he likes Sikura and his upside. I just doubt he would put Sikura on a 4th line role which is why I said he would be that odd man out if we added a couple more UFA forwards. he could play top line in the AHL and be first call up when a top 6 injury happens.

In Tampa, unless you’re putting up ~30+ goals, you have at least some physicality to your game.

Sikura isn’t a 30 goal guy, nor a guy that brings even some physicality. I think JC is looking for one or the other, not a guy who brings neither.

Also, Sikura was with Toews and Kane while Caggiula was out. Colliton just said the other day that Toews and Kane played their best with Caggiula.

Sikura was Caggiula’s a place holder.

I won’t be upset if this guy never wears a Hawks sweater again.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I've met the kid. I don't know that he has the frame to add significant weight or muscle mass. Narrow shoulders, narrow hips, chicken legs... He's an ectomorph. Probably be a bean pole his entire life.

He is but he can add strength. He doesn't need to be farmhand strong but just needs to continue to get stronger.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He is but he can add strength. He doesn't need to be farmhand strong but just needs to continue to get stronger.

Sure, he can get stronger, but your strength will always be limited by your body type. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure he'll ever be able to put on enough MASS to be effective at this level. I thought 160 lbs. was being generous.

It's a shame because he's a damn good hockey player.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sure, he can get stronger, but your strength will always be limited by your body type. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure he'll ever be able to put on enough MASS to be effective at this level. I thought 160 lbs. was being generous.

It's a shame because he's a damn good hockey player.

He was effective this season once he settled in. I think he can get strong enough to make an impact. If you want to see skinny look at Bob and Ryan Miller.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He was effective this season once he settled in. I think he can get strong enough to make an impact. If you want to see skinny look at Bob and Ryan Miller.

He's just as bad as Miller. Seriously. There is nothing to him. Ryan Miller at least had a wider frame.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
D. Sikky is too good for the AHL. If he wasn't so damn snake bitten when he was with the Hawks, this wouldn't even be an argument. Maybe he won't be a world beater, but he can be a decent player if he adds strength
hey Courts, a bit off topic, but how has Delia looked since the demotion back down? curious to see if you think his confidence is better knowing he did a decent job at the NHL level, or maybe it has shaken a bit with a few of the bad games he had up here towards the end??

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
hey Courts, a bit off topic, but how has Delia looked since the demotion back down? curious to see if you think his confidence is better knowing he did a decent job at the NHL level, or maybe it has shaken a bit with a few of the bad games he had up here towards the end??

He looked fine until the Hogs got killed 8-2. He hasn't been the same since. He put in a great 4-1 victory since then. But his angles have been hella off. I know he'll rebound. But he needs some time.

Derek King should have pulled him. But, he's a f***ing joke of a coach. Sooooo.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad