Prospect Info: Dylan Sikura

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Is he going to be a solid NHL player?
He's 23, is he still a prospect?
Right now he is tied for 65th in the AHL in points, 9g 9a in 26 games. Michael Dal Colle has the same numbers but in 21 games. Dal Colle is 22 but is seen as a bust to Islander fans and most hockey fans in general. I know I'm painting a negative picture but are some Hawks fans looking through rose colored glasses?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Right now he is tied for 65th in the AHL in points, 9g 9a in 26 games. Michael Dal Colle has the same numbers but in 21 games. Dal Colle is 22 but is seen as a bust to Islander fans and most hockey fans in general. I know I'm painting a negative picture but are some Hawks fans looking through rose colored glasses?

Quality of teammates has something to do with it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yes, he is still a prospect. Dal Colle has had multiple seasons in the AHL and hasn't progressed much. Sikura has improved every year in college to the point he was one of the best players in that league last year. He won't put up as much points this season simply because it's an entirely new league for him to have to adjust to.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
DtpaEfUUUAAYZut.jpg:large

I believe JC said pretty much the same thing.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
would not hurt for him to hit the weight room either, I think he will be a good NHLER at some point

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Yes, he is still a prospect. Dal Colle has had multiple seasons in the AHL and hasn't progressed much. Sikura has improved every year in college to the point he was one of the best players in that league last year. He won't put up as much points this season simply because it's an entirely new league for him to have to adjust to.
History has told us being the best player in college doesn't necessarily translate into being a pro.(see Drew LeBlanc)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
History has told us being the best player in college doesn't necessarily translate into being a pro.(see Drew LeBlanc)
True, but I'd rather have a prospect that killed it in the NCAA than a prospect who sucked at college hockey.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Drew Leblanc won the Hobey
2013hobeywinner_large.jpg
Do I really need to find a list of guys who played mediocre hockey in the NCAA that had no future in the NHL just to counteract this point?

Again, I'd rather have a guy who showed something in a minor league than a guy who has shown nothing in any league. Nobody (not me, not Colliton, not Bowman, not Sikura himself) knows what he'll ultimately be in the NHL, but he shows promise because he's done well for himself the past few years.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Do I really need to find a list of guys who played mediocre hockey in the NCAA that had no future in the NHL just to counteract this point?

Again, I'd rather have a guy who showed something in a minor league than a guy who has shown nothing in any league. Nobody (not me, not Colliton, not Bowman, not Sikura himself) knows what he'll ultimately be in the NHL, but he shows promise because he's done well for himself the past few years.
That's completely different than what you said earlier. Now you're saying you would rather have a good player than a mediocre player? That's a good idea!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That's completely different than what you said earlier. Now you're saying you would rather have a good player than a mediocre player? That's a good idea!
How is " but I'd rather have a prospect that killed it in the NCAA than a prospect who sucked at college hockey." any different that what I just said a couple minutes ago? I'm so f***ing confused...

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
How is " but I'd rather have a prospect that killed it in the NCAA than a prospect who sucked at college hockey." any different that what I just said a couple minutes ago? I'm so ****ing confused...
Yes you are. You're saying I'd rather have a good player than a bad player. no shit!
The Drew Leblanc thing might have been before your time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yes you are. You're saying I'd rather have a good player than a bad player. no ****!
I'm well aware of who the hell Drew Leblanc is. He was a big time bust. But not every hobey baker finalist turns out to be a shitty NHL player and I'd much rather Sikura have been in the group of good NCAA players that were up for that award than in the group that wasn't in that conversation. I don't have a f***ing crystal ball that can tell you if he'll bust or not, all I can tell you is he's had success in other leagues and that correlates into a good player more often than not.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Leading Rockford in scoring as a 1st year pro. Also 3rd in the AHL in shots on goal. Still think there’s plenty to like here. No need to rush him if he’s not ready.
totally agree.... esp if there is no penalty keeping a promising prospect to fully develop.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes you are. You're saying I'd rather have a good player than a bad player. no ****!
what the hell are you even talking about??? why are you comparing a player from like 6 years ago to Sikura??

Your example of a Hobey Baker winner is Drew LeBlanc...yet you leave out the past 5 winners - Johnny Gaudreau, Jack Eichel, Jimmy Vesey, Will Butcher and Adam Gaudette...ALL NHL players with Gaudette in his rookie year...so again I will ask - What the f*** are you talking about here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->