Dylan Larkin part 2

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Larkin had a fantastic first half of the year before the grind wore into him. Itll be a few years before hes able to handle that for the full 80 game schedule.

I am hoping he comes back a little stronger. Build that body into a mans body will help him overall.

It's quite impressive how the grind "did wore him out" and Larkin still was:

- League 25th best at Even Strength goals
- League 38th best at Even Strength points
- League 24th best at Even Strength shots on goal

And these are total amounts. 1st line player level efforts as a rookie. Not per60, like some guys have great numbers at small ice-time.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Also probably one of the worst PP TOI/G or A.

And if you didnt notice how much he slowed down in the second half, you weren't watching. He did really really well first half and I didnt deny that.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Yeah he sucked in the face off circle too.

Larkin had a whole lot to take in his first season. This year he'll know what to expect from the get go. Of all the problems Detroit had last season #71 wasn't one of them. The kid did everything you could ask of a 19yo and more. It's going to be awesome watching him develop this year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Also probably one of the worst PP TOI/G or A.

And if you didnt notice how much he slowed down in the second half, you weren't watching. He did really really well first half and I didnt deny that.

Zetterberg playing like **** probably didn't help, but he seemed more dynamic in the first half and was completely out of his element game one of the playoffs. He picked it up after that game though.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Zetterberg playing like **** probably didn't help, but he seemed more dynamic in the first half and was completely out of his element game one of the playoffs. He picked it up after that game though.

It's almost like the playoffs are an entirely different game than the regular season!

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

Z's game falling of a cliff certainly didn't help, but Larkin definitely hit a bit of a wall through the 3rd quarter of the season. He started to come back towards the end/ playoffs. This isn't surprising though considering he was a college kid. I bet he bulks up some this offseason.

I expect both he an Peter to have much more consistent seasons this year, as finally really playing a full season at the NHL level.

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah we were trending pretty well as a team and then Larkin and Mrazek both hit some pretty harsh walls. Plus Z was wore out. The end of the season has been brutal the past two seasons.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Yeah we were trending pretty well as a team and then Larkin and Mrazek both hit some pretty harsh walls. Plus Z was wore out. The end of the season has been brutal the past two seasons.

frankly i dont think this is discussed enough.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Zetterberg gets a ton of credit for making life easier on Larkin and facilitating his hot start. Do people really think it's a completely coincidence both went cold at the exact same moment independently?

It's a team game and when one struggles, the other does as well. With Zetterberg unable to shoulder as much load, Larkin "hit the wall" people are talking about.

But given his age and experience, that's totally expected after opposing defenders start to circle his number on the pre-game strategy. This year Larkin will surprise nobody with his speed, so it's up to him to drive the line throughout. No pressure, kid, but you're the most important forward we have.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's just insane how CLUTCH Larkin is on his scoring.

I did check all his points he scored and only 5 of them were "unneeded". 2 of these five were his first point of his career and his first goal of his career, 2-0 and 3-0 goals in that 4-0 season opener win.

Larkin scored 24+22=46p including playoffs and 41 points of that total were opening goal points, tying game points, GWG points, or just points, when team was trailing.

14 of his 46 points were scored on a Game-Winning-Goal.

23 of his points were scored on Red Wings opening goal. I think these numbers could be near league-high of all players. 13 of those points were goals.

This kid has "Jonathan Toews" written on his back. The Hype is real.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's just insane how CLUTCH Larkin is on his scoring.

I did check all his points he scored and only 5 of them were "unneeded". 2 of these five were his first point of his career and his first goal of his career, 2-0 and 3-0 goals in that 4-0 season opener win.

Larkin scored 24+22=46p including playoffs and 41 points of that total were opening goal points, tying game points, GWG points, or just points, when team was trailing.

14 of his 46 points were scored on a Game-Winning-Goal.

23 of his points were scored on Red Wings opening goal. I think these numbers could be near league-high of all players. 13 of those points were goals.

This kid has "Jonathan Toews" written on his back. The Hype is real.

Well considering we weren't very good last year, I bet this is the case for most of the team. Very rarely did we lead by multiple goals where points wouldn't necessarily be needed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad