Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I watched most of Canada, and he played like a center in the tournament. That is news to me he was a RW.

I just don't see Cozens as a winger. I think he has a lot of similar limitations that Thompson has. Thompsons strengths work best at center, and feel the same way with Cozens.

I feel like Cozens needs to get faster, or stronger. Like his play speed and hands are fine, if he was much stronger.
He was RW on WJC

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I watched most of Canada, and he played like a center in the tournament. That is news to me he was a RW.

I just don't see Cozens as a winger. I think he has a lot of similar limitations that Thompson has. Thompsons strengths work best at center, and feel the same way with Cozens.

I feel like Cozens needs to get faster, or stronger. Like his play speed and hands are fine, if he was much stronger.

see above. He played winger.

Cozens and Thompson are completely different players. Thompson isn’t the guy who likes to go flying in on the forecheck. He likes to see plays develop and then jump in.

Cozens is at his best when he’s unleashed to use his speed and power. He’ll be better at wing.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
see above. He played winger.

Cozens and Thompson are completely different players. Thompson isn’t the guy who likes to go flying in on the forecheck. He likes to see plays develop and then jump in.

Cozens is at his best when he’s unleashed to use his speed and power. He’ll be better at wing.
This

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, I can see Cozens playing either center or wing. I think he still has a lot of nervous energy less than 50 games into his career and 6 games into this season. He almost seems like he cares too much. As he matures I think the mental energy and the game will slow down for him.

member 334057

I know a lot of people were saying Krebs potential was a Ryan O'Reilly type of player, but Cozens could actually end up being that type of center given the flashes we've seen the past few games. A 60 - 70 point center with a strong 2-way game would be a massive win if he continues to develop in that trajectory.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I know a lot of people were saying Krebs potential was a Ryan O'Reilly type of player, but Cozens could actually end up being that type of center given the flashes we've seen the past few games. A 60 - 70 point center with a strong 2-way game would be a massive win if he continues to develop in that trajectory.
Usually Cozens was compared to Jeff Carter and Eric Staal, someone said that his ceiling was only Charlie Coyle due to the fact that he did not have such a high hockey IQ. I disagree with the latest version.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015

and doing it with Cagguila and Hinostroza at that!

Keep them together for now but if Okposo ever loses his exuberance. I think adding Girgs to Dylans wing would make this even more of a shutdown line.

Skinner- Mitts-Tuch
Asplund- Thompson-Oloffson
Girgs- Cozens-Hinostroza
Bjork-R2-Okposo

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
and doing it with Cagguila and Hinostroza at that!

Keep them together for now but if Okposo ever loses his exuberance. I think adding Girgs to Dylans wing would make this even more of a shutdown line.

Skinner- Mitts-Tuch
Asplund- Thompson-Oloffson
Girgs- Cozens-Hinostroza
Bjork-R2-Okposo
Why not just stick Cozens between Girgs and Okposo? Could be a rich man's version of the LOG line and Cozens gets to develop with two seasoned veterans who have the same no-quit workhorse mentality that he has.

Bjork-R2-Hinostroza can be a speedy north-south 4th line to generate some added offense against lesser opposition.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
Why not just stick Cozens between Girgs and Okposo? Could be a rich man's version of the LOG line and Cozens gets to develop with two seasoned veterans who have the same no-quit workhorse mentality that he has.

Bjork-R2-Hinostroza can be a speedy north-south 4th line to generate some added offense against lesser opposition.

works too. Just think that Hino (and Girgs) has the speed to keep up with Cozens more so than Okposo.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I still see Carter as his ceiling. Fast, nasty shot, solid two way game, fiesty, etc....

Reactions: Zman5778

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Not trying to rain on the parade too much, but after looking a little closer he had less than 3 minutes against Crosby.

He was "matched up" with matthews at times, but the tage line had the most head to head minutes and was equally successful.

He did well, this isn't a shot at him, but the way this is presented in the tweet is a bit misleading

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The 2019 draft might end up being the most loaded draft in terms of the amount of talent in the 1st round in the last 25 years. Looking back at that draft, I am happy management knew better than most on the board and took Cozens.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The 2019 draft might end up being the most loaded draft in terms of the amount of talent in the 1st round in the last 25 years. Looking back at that draft, I am happy management knew better than most on the board and took Cozens.

It's got a lot going for it, though 2003 still has to be one of the best of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad