EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
They%20Bought%20In_zps3yyyvep8.gif

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Great win, we're on a roll here. The depth is proving to be outstanding. All credit goes to Doug Armstrong and the front office.

Now is the time for the fans to step up. "..in front of 16,723 at Scottrade Center." That's not good.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Great win, we're on a roll here. The depth is proving to be outstanding. All credit goes to Doug Armstrong and the front office.

Now is the time for the fans to step up. "..in front of 16,723 at Scottrade Center." That's not good.

And yet, some Blues fans wonder why the team doesn't get a Winter Classic/Stadium Series.....

It is pretty sad to see so many empty seats with a team as good as the Blues have. I'm sure attendance will pick up as the year goes on. But it is frustrating to turn on the TV and see prime seats empty.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
And yet, some Blues fans wonder why the team doesn't get a Winter Classic/Stadium Series.....

It is pretty sad to see so many empty seats with a team as good as the Blues have. I'm sure attendance will pick up as the year goes on. But it is frustrating to turn on the TV and see prime seats empty.

Blues vs. Hawks at Busch. Hawks fans will fill it up if we don't. Problem solved.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis

the fans will come around once the Cardinals are out of the playoffs :sarcasm:

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

This has been a theme of Thursday night games thus far. Colorado will be better, but we'll have to see if those kinds of numbers extend to all the weekday games.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
I don't understand why St. Louisans do not step up to support the Blues. They've been here long enough to get a following. Unlike the Rams they publicly state that they want to stay here. They are putting forth a dedicated effort to win a championship, as they have for the most part of the last 30 years going back to the Shanahan ownership group. Tickets are not that expensive. You can get two tickets for around $50. Can't do that at a football game. Games are indoors, so you don't sweat or freeze your butt off like you can at a baseball game, or get rained on for that matter. I know people say that the puck is hard to see but I have horrible vision and I manage just fine to follow it. Unlike at a baseball game where I have lost the sight of many fly balls due to the sun's glare. Hockey has 60 minutes of full action, compared to Baseball that literally has less then 10 minutes of action during a 3 hour game.

I understand that the Cardinals win championships and that the Blues haven't yet, but still.... I thought as a community we always talk about how we love the scrappy player who tries hard, well why not support the scrappy organization that tries hard? Honestly, this regions apathy towards the Blues is pathetic in my opinion.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
On a positive note, that may have been the most complete game for all four lines last night that I have seen in quite some time. All four of them carried the play, I'm kinda curious as to what the team Corsi was last night, it seemed like we always had the puck no matter who was out there.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
At Oshie's recent level of play, I'm not sure its much of a detriment for him to be out of the line-up. Jaskin is looking better and better. Even Paajarvi had a solid game in his limited time. Porter is a proven commodity. But of those three, Jaskin is the most likely to replace Oshie's scoring.

I think we all expect Oshie's game to come around. But in the meantime I see no reason to rush if he's not entirely ready to return.

If Stastny is ready to go soon, it will be interesting to see how Berglund responds to being a center again. But I'm feeling like the team is going to be able to maintain its level of play as a contender even if both Backes and Oshie need some time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hitch just said on NHL Network that the Blues have had one real practice in the past four weeks due to the sickness going through the team. That's crazy!

EDIT: Also said the CDC was in the locker room today, the disease takes 4-7 days to get through, the third day is the worst, and two more guys came down with it today.

EDIT2:Apparently the CDC stuff was a joke, but the radio show on NHL Network didn't seem to think that because they reported that Hitch had to bump back his interview because the CDC had them evacuate their offices until 11:30. Maybe the joke was lost in translation through email/text or something because they clearly didn't think it was a joke.

Last edited:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I don't understand why St. Louisans do not step up to support the Blues. They've been here long enough to get a following. Unlike the Rams they publicly state that they want to stay here. They are putting forth a dedicated effort to win a championship, as they have for the most part of the last 30 years going back to the Shanahan ownership group. Tickets are not that expensive. You can get two tickets for around $50. Can't do that at a football game. Games are indoors, so you don't sweat or freeze your butt off like you can at a baseball game, or get rained on for that matter. I know people say that the puck is hard to see but I have horrible vision and I manage just fine to follow it. Unlike at a baseball game where I have lost the sight of many fly balls due to the sun's glare. Hockey has 60 minutes of full action, compared to Baseball that literally has less then 10 minutes of action during a 3 hour game.

I understand that the Cardinals win championships and that the Blues haven't yet, but still.... I thought as a community we always talk about how we love the scrappy player who tries hard, well why not support the scrappy organization that tries hard? Honestly, this regions apathy towards the Blues is pathetic in my opinion.

I love the Blues, but I wouldn't have paid to see them last night knowing that Backes, Stastny, and Oshie were going to be out. Imagine the thought process for the casual fan that really only knows Oshie.

Honestly, the parking situation is what keeps me away. Knowing that I'll have to pay as much for parking as I do for a ticket is a no-go most of the time.

St. Louis is going down the crapper slowly because of the job market. People can't pay to go, so they don't.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Attendance at the weekday games is always thin in the beginning. Friday and Saturday night games will sell out. Later in the season it will fill up, idk why it takes 3 months for people to be willing to pay for a weeknight game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I love the Blues, but I wouldn't have paid to see them last night knowing that Backes, Stastny, and Oshie were going to be out. Imagine the thought process for the casual fan that really only knows Oshie.

Honestly, the parking situation is what keeps me away. Knowing that I'll have to pay as much for parking as I do for a ticket is a no-go most of the time.

St. Louis is going down the crapper slowly because of the job market. People can't pay to go, so they don't.
It's less then 10 bucks to park 2 blocks away........

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
It's less then 10 bucks to park 2 blocks away........

And $20 everywhere else. You add in the gas, and I literally spend more on just getting to the game than the actual ticket. I guess I just hate seeing that much money go to someone riding coattails off the Blues. Same applies for the concessions. It's just a matter of personal principles, I guess.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
And $20 everywhere else. You add in the gas, and I literally spend more on just getting to the game than the actual ticket. I guess I just hate seeing that much money go to someone riding coattails off the Blues. Same applies for the concessions. It's just a matter of personal principles, I guess.

I don't follow that logic at all. The only reason the parking is a significant fraction of your ticket price is because the tickets are so affordable.

Local merchants (including parking) are part of the economy. The Blues' impact on surrounding businesses is a huge part of their value to the city. There are people employed who sell those concessions. Choose to buy them or not, but its part of the value of the Blues being in St Louis creating those jobs. I don't really see how that is "riding coattails". Its a symbiosis. Without parking and food available, less people would attend the games, too.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

You can always do what I and countless others do - park at the free metrolink lots then take the train (5 bucks round trip)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have a 250+mi round trip and drive an Suv lol....... it's just part of the entertainment justification.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Nice to see Allen "Stepping on a Duck" and getting a Shutout.

Reeves is turning into a sniper eh?

Apparently when Chris Kerber interviewed Gunny during the 1st intermission, he said, " yeah, I tried to put the puck in the net, and Steener's big ass got in the way"...... Now THAT is funny :laugh:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
You can always do what I and countless others do - park at the free metrolink lots then take the train (5 bucks round trip)

Could, but I still have to drive to the station, which for me is rather far. That's my own problem though.

The tickets are cheap because they can't consistently fill the house. Make no mistake about it.

And if a symbiotic relationship isn't riding coattails, then I don't know what is. One of those two things (The Blues) would still exist without the other.

If you had to pay as much for parking as you did a movie ticket, would you still go? (I'll stick with Netflix/Redbox)

I'm not really complaining, just trying to (non-eloquently, I'm sure) explain why people could possibly not want to spend the time and money to go to a game.

We should be fixing why people don't go, not look down on them for it.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
I suppose I am the only one who has never paid for parking. I always park at a nearby restaurant a few blocks away and then walk. I am a cheapskate.

Then to add to it, I wait until the game has started and try to upgrade my $15 Mezzanine tickets for lower bowl tickets for an extra $10 roughly from the outside scalpers. Hustle Baby, hustle.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I suppose I am the only one who has never paid for parking. I always park at a nearby restaurant a few blocks away and then walk. I am a cheapskate.

I use Lumiere for Cards games, but a wife that waddles like a penguin and two kids with short legs don't enjoy walking very much. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad