GDT: dux@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
the penalty where he was being held by other jackman and then got called for trying to skate?

I saw that play a little differently. My point still stands though. I can go back through the game if I had to and point out numerous examples of where Jackman made a lazy or just outright dumb play to turn the puck over. With the amount of game breakers on the back end we have these days, we need him to be more of a calming and steady force back there, not taking chances like he had to when we sucked.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I saw that play a little differently. My point still stands though. I can go back through the game if I had to and point out numerous examples of where Jackman made a lazy or just outright dumb play to turn the puck over. With the amount of game breakers on the back end we have these days, we need him to be more of a calming and steady force back there, not taking chances like he had to when we sucked.
But he's so clutch at setting the other team up in our slot. Keeps our goalie sharp

Nayrb

Oct 10, 2011
Memphis

He was being crosschecked and held against the boards after being interfered with and then he got called for nothing.

The problem with the Jackman haters is that they don't give him credit for his good/great plays.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Oh did any of you guys catch that priceless look on Boudreau's face after Reaves goal? That **** was too funny :biglaugh:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Beginning to have a problem with the Jackman love. For every great play he makes, he makes another equally stupid one. I would rather he be invisible, as in not playing to be honest.

I didn't mean that Jackman played perfectly, and that he should have been one of the 3 stars. I just meant that he stepped up, and had a good game for him (with significantly more good plays than bad). He's a 3rd pairing guy now, and really a weak link.

Tonight, he had a good game related to his average game this season and last season. To me that's "stepping up". That doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather see Lindbohm and Cole playing, and Jackman out.

Yes, he made some bad passes. His penalty at the end of the game shouldn't have been called. Yes, normally, he makes a lot of dangerous passes and fails to clear the defensive zone, and gives up the puck a lot under pressure in the defensive zone, and takes unnecessary penalties when players start to move around him. Tonight he did less of each of those things, and several times took opponents out of the play to allow his teammate get the puck, made a couple really nice hard accurate shots on net, made several good passes to start off the rush, and he made some good blocks, and tied up the puck well on crucial PKs. He wasn't a star - but he (among others) stepped up and played better than his regular game, and help the team win this game.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I had the feel that Allen would steal Elliots job at some point this season. This could be the start to it.

Elliot has been a rock all season, that's not gonna happen. Elliot shutout a Cali team (and defending Stanley Cup Champion) too this year, or did you already forget about that :shakehead

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I really liked Hitch's post game presser comments about the Lehtera line. He basically said they are going to get prime offensive minutes and that they aren't going to start in the defensive zone very often.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
The problem with the Jackman haters is that they don't give him credit for his good/great plays.

The problem with Jackman haters is that they wouldn't be able to spot competent defensive play, even with Doug Harvey whispering in their ear. It's mostly the same legion of fans who lambasted Polak, Brewer, McKee, Salvador, Weaver, Bergevin, Baron, Zombo, etc., basically any defenseman that plays important minutes but doesn't produce offensively. It's perpetual.

Defensemen fail... often! It's part of the game. Sometimes opposing forwards are proficient at their jobs.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
He was being crosschecked and held against the boards after being interfered with and then he got called for nothing.

I already said I saw the play differently, after closer look, I gave him that one. I clearly have said he makes great plays, the only problem is you don't have to wait too long for him to make an equally bad play, sometimes later on in the same shift.

I didn't mean that Jackman played perfectly, and that he should have been one of the 3 stars. I just meant that he stepped up, and had a good game for him (with significantly more good plays than bad). He's a 3rd pairing guy now, and really a weak link.

Tonight, he had a good game related to his average game this season and last season. To me that's "stepping up". That doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather see Lindbohm and Cole playing, and Jackman out.

Yes, he made some bad passes. His penalty at the end of the game shouldn't have been called. Yes, normally, he makes a lot of dangerous passes and fails to clear the defensive zone, and gives up the puck a lot under pressure in the defensive zone, and takes unnecessary penalties when players start to move around him. Tonight he did less of each of those things, and several times took opponents out of the play to allow his teammate get the puck, made a couple really nice hard accurate shots on net, made several good passes to start off the rush, and he made some good blocks, and tied up the puck well on crucial PKs. He wasn't a star - but he (among others) stepped up and played better than his regular game, and help the team win this game.

Okay, fair enough. I agree with this overall sentiment.

The problem with Jackman haters is that they wouldn't be able to spot competent defensive play, even with Doug Harvey whispering in their ear. It's mostly the same legion of fans who lambasted Polak, Brewer, McKee, Salvador, Weaver, Bergevin, Baron, Zombo, etc., basically any defenseman that plays important minutes but doesn't produce offensively. It's perpetual.

Defensemen fail... often! It's part of the game. Sometimes opposing forwards are proficient at their jobs.

The problem with Jackman lovers is they have watched him play too long and may be seeing his play through rose colored glasses. Jackman has gotten progressively worse in the defensive zone the last couple seasons, and actually has one of the better shots out of our D corps. He knows how to play gritty and win puck battles, and it would be nice for him to make that safe play to break out of our zone. Instead, he seems to make the risky play or he fumbles with the puck or just does something overall asinine. Defensemen make mistakes, yes, but to defend Jackman's mistakes the way you do, come on.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I was at work when the game took place, so I missed a lot of the little good things in the game the first time around. I am however watching the replay on FSMW, and man I love Lehtera! He's so good, but he also has a nice little mean streak in him. The way he upended Perry, and took the 2 minutes, well couldn't have happened to a nicer player. Jori's definitely not afraid to knock someones @#$% in the dirt that's for sure lol.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Watching the game now, it's so obvious that Tarasenko will be the face of the franchise sooner than later.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Didn't watch the game unfortunately. But it is so damn good waking up in the morning and rushing to the NHL app to see that we've won.
Did the Ducks play a good game or they thought this would be a cakewalk for them?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Didn't watch the game unfortunately. But it is so damn good waking up in the morning and rushing to the NHL app to see that we've won.
Did the Ducks play a good game or they thought this would be a cakewalk for them?
The Ducks didn't play their best game, but they tried hard. The blues were the better team. Their defence smothered The Ducks, giving them no open ice with which to work. The Blues wanted the game more than The Ducks. Almost all The Blues upped their games knowing they had to bring everything with Stastny, Backes and Oshie out.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

The Ducks weren't sharp, but the Blues were playing on their toes from the outset. The Ducks outshot them for the first couple of periods, even, but the Blues just supported the puck well and kept the Ducks' opportunities from becoming second opportunities. That discombobulated them a bit because Anaheim, like most teams with absurd skill, is a team that thrives on broken plays, second opportunities, and space. And the few times that they did create something, Allen was there to deny them.

It could have easily been 5-3 Blues or 2-0 Anaheim, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln