Prospect Info: Dustin Wolf, Goaltender, 214th Overall

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
For lulz I went back to the Parsons thread, and found this tidbit of wisdom.
That's why I'm a proponent of using our 7th on a goalie every year. They're a crapshoot, you don't know what you'll get until they've finished Junior or started professional level play. Rinne, Lundqvist etc were all late picks. Draft a goalie late every year, and alternate where you get them from, CHL, USA, Europe, etc, so they don't all clog the system in the same place.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Man I know it's early and it's just junior numbers on a undersized goalie, but it sure is hard to not get a little hyped seeing that 9 games in and he's rocking stupidly good numbers. .945 and 1.73GAA is killer no matter how you slice it.

It's not JUST a product of the team either, as their other goalie is .908 and 2.57GAA
The team isn't as good this year either as you can see by his win/loss record.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

giphy.gif

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
sweet summer children. Allow me to introduce you to the Flames goalie development system.

In all seriousness that’s a great start to his pro career. He could be an absolute steal if he keeps this up.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He’s our best prospect

Not even top 3.

1. Coronato
2. Zary
3. Pelletier
4. Wolf

I just can't put Wolf, a goalie who is also very undersized for todays NHL, above the three forwards. Especially since all forwards are pretty much all guaranteed to be NHLers. Gillies had amazing numbers all the way until he got to the Flames until he proved to be not that good 3-5-1 with below .900 sv%.

All I want is for Wolf to pan out, but I'll take the 3 decades of goalie incompetence from the Flames over Wolf defying the odds and being a legit NHL goalie.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I just can't put Wolf, a goalie who is also very undersized for todays NHL, above the three forwards.

I'd take so called "short" goalies like (prime ofc) Tim Thomas, Jaro Halak, Juuso Saros, Jonathan Quick, Henrik Lundqvist, Khudobin, etc over 6'6 guys who can't slide from left to right and vice versa.

Shooters today are too good, you can't just rely on height to cover the net, they'll snipe over your shoulder every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad