Value of: Dustin Byfuglien

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Even though their is only 3 years left, that contract scares me(ie I don't want to be the guy that pays at the wrong time to get declining goods)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, man. Just imagine him as a Penguin. Or, like I know it's like, a pipe dream or whatever, but imagine him on a team that's kinda like, netter than Pittsburgh? Probably a team that wasn't awesome enough to get Marleau, but still somehow had a kinda, umm, way better season anyway? Like in the regular season and in the thing after the season? The playoffs? Is that what it's called?
Are there any teams like that that he could play for?
I have no clue what you are trying to say.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Oooooohhhhh Baby

Leafs 1st, Calvin Pickard, Josh Leivo, Calle Rosen

Rielly - Byfuglein
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oooooohhhhh Baby

Leafs 1st, Calvin Pickard, Josh Leivo, Calle Rosen

Rielly - Byfuglein
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

None of that is interesting outside the 1st and Pickard (who virtually has no value).

Reactions: Snowman

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Wonder if Jet fans are interested in spare parts? Any takers? Hahahaha!
Lol probably not, but that’s a pretty risky contract considering his playing style, and the Jets have a lot of guys to re-sign in the coming years (as do the leafs) but we’ll have Hainsey and Marleau coming off the books soon

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Lol probably not, but that’s a pretty risky contract considering his playing style, and the Jets have a lot of guys to re-sign in the coming years (as do the leafs) but we’ll have Hainsey and Marleau coming off the books soon

Only 3 years left and he's coming off of one of his best seasons.

We have enough space to sign the players we have. Any cap space gained would be used to acquire another player at this point.

Moving out Mason was pretty much all we needed. If we did get in a pinch, Myers and Perreault would be moved first.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Man I wanted this guy when he was up a few years ago.

Mostly because I wanted Boston to pair him with Chara and have a d pairing pushing 600 pounds

Yup that would be a scary pairing that would punish people and put up points

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Lol not the swiftest grouping.

But the boards would look like a no fly zone

Pick your poison who hits you with an open ice hit or is cleaning you out of the front of the net or battling you in the corner. Yikes

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, what teams would want to strongest player in the league who hits like a truck and is good for 50 points a year as a right shot Dman?

Basically a capdump
strongest in league? you think? He's definitely up there, would be cool to know who's actually the strongest. they should have annual combines lol

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There are plenty of scarier contracts out there.

I agree but it's still not something I would want to trade assets for. I will say this I would take a chance on that contract for free(not that I would expect Winnipeg doing that) so yeah it's definitely not as bad as others

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
There is nothing wrong with Buff's contract. He is paid what he deserves and only has 3 years left. I actually expect him to age well because skating isn't exactly his A game (though he is far from bad at it). He has extremely high offensive IQ and his defensive game has been getting better and better. He will also, always be an absolute beast.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
If it came to having to trade Buff in order to re-sign Trouba I'm pretty sure Chevy would let other GMs know that Trouba was available for the right price.
Even with Buff almost a decade older he still brings more to the Jets. There are defensemen out there that Wpg. could plug into Trouba's spot without missing a beat but the unique Byfuglien is a different story. I know he's aging & at some time down the road won't be the force he is now but it's hard to imagine the Jets without him. He's been a huge (pun intended) part of turning the Jets into the powerhouse they are now. Even the smaller players take a cue from him & take/give hits to make plays.
When the Thrashers became the Jets the 1st sweater I bought was the Buff #33.
I love the way opposing checkers just bounce off him & the pic of him dragging 2 players by the scuff of their necks in priceless.
All this while you can pencil him in for 50ish points makes him pretty well a lock for TN to keep. My expectation is when this contract ends a lower $ 3 year deal & then 1 year @ a time contracts for as long as he wants.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He just had his best year in a long time and only 3 years left on the contract. He missed a few games last year (some of those being a suspected benching) but it’s not like he had major surgery or anything. I’m not worried about his health.

Don’t the Leafs have some forwards they need to drop about 25 million on over the next couple years? That’s a lot of money to spend on 4 forwards. You can go with that, I know a lot of Leafs fans think it will work. They will have to find a true 1D through the draft to be able to afford him.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What you didn’t expect anyone to call you out on your idiotic posts?
He's probably not that far off, honestly. The Jets would have a very difficult time finding a market for Byfuglien's contract, specifically. He has a contract that pays him $7.6m until he's 37 years old. There's no guarantee his current level play will continue throughout that term. There's plenty of risk involved in acquiring the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad