Injury Report: Dustin Byfuglien (Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I went looking for more info on the grievance process and found this amusing bit. :laugh:

17.6 Selection of Impartial Arbitrator
There shall always be one impartial arbitrator and the number of impartial arbitrators shall be one. Zero not being the number of impartial arbitrators serving unless either side has notified the one existing arbitrator and the other side that they wish to replace such arbitrator, accepting that the number of impartial arbitrators will be renewed to one within 90 days. Two is right out.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Even if Buff said "I'm back and ready to go"... would it just not be best for the Jets to ask... " OK... where do you want to play ?" and get whatever they can for him?

It's a very good question you pose --I'm not sure what the best answer is --like to have 2 upper middle guys like Pionk types--or one dominant Buff. If Buff was in great shape, and weight down , you may be better to ride Buff till his contract expires. It's a tough call - but I'm sure Chevy will make the right call here.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
So the Free Press is reporting news on Buf: Byfuglien has started a post-surgery rehabilitation program in consultation with the Jets that brings him closer to a potential on-ice return with the team later this season.
Good to hear! Whether he plays here or elsewhere that’s good for the Jets either way. I really wanna see this guy play again. Just for fun:
Morrissey Pionk
Kulikov Buff
Sbisa poolman

All of a sudden a tough second and third pair come playoffs.
Add Niku, Heinola and Samberg to this list for next year in place of Kuli, Sbisa and we are looking pretty good!

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I went looking for more info on the grievance process and found this amusing bit. :laugh:

17.6 Selection of Impartial Arbitrator
There shall always be one impartial arbitrator and the number of impartial arbitrators shall be one. Zero not being the number of impartial arbitrators serving unless either side has notified the one existing arbitrator and the other side that they wish to replace such arbitrator, accepting that the number of impartial arbitrators will be renewed to one within 90 days. Two is right out.

Any post with reference to Monty Python is a good post in my book.

Hope Buff comes back:thumbu: Or not:oops:

A playoff D with buff in it is likely better that one without.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Good to hear! Whether he plays here or elsewhere that’s good for the Jets either way. I really wanna see this guy play again. Just for fun:
Morrissey Pionk
Kulikov Buff
Sbisa poolman

All of a sudden a tough second and third pair come playoffs.

Personally I don't want him back. I'm sure some guys would not be happy with him, I worry about the chemistry plus all the mins. he will be taking away from the guys who have worked hard like Pionk and Poolman etc.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Personally I don't want him back. I'm sure some guys would not be happy with him, I worry about the chemistry plus all the mins. he will be taking away from the guys who have worked hard like Pionk and Poolman etc.
A healthy Buff come playoff time would be huge! The players want to win and he makes them better. I get the chemistry thing, only management and coach know what happened and if that would be an issue or not. I trust they will act accordingly one way or another. Hypothetically, what would healthy Buff fetch this trade deadline?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
A healthy Buff come playoff time would be huge! The players want to win and he makes them better. I get the chemistry thing, only management and coach know what happened and if that would be an issue or not. I trust they will act accordingly one way or another. Hypothetically, what would healthy Buff fetch this trade deadline?
Buf has never been great in the playoffs, combined with a bad ankle and his lack of speed in today's game and lack of conditioning I would move him out. Good question what is value would be. Honestly don't know.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's a good to question what type of shape he will be in if he wishes to return. Even if he is undergoing a post surgery rehab it doesn't magically makeup for what we hear was not a very productive off-season of training for Buff.

I for one don't hold out a lot of hope that he will be able to come back and perform at a high level this season. As such if a team is willing to make a lucrative trade offer I'd be willing to move on from him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Yeah, he sucked when he won a cup in Chicago. I told you a billion times not to exagerate!
Yeah he was a forward. He was -4. Six out of eight time Buf has been in the playoffs he has been a minus player.
Did we forget the last playoff game against St. Louis he was in the penalty box for a goal. They also scored when he was on the ice and blew by him like a pylon. No thanks, the team is better without him.

Last edited:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah he was a forward. He was -4. Six out of eight time Buf has been in the playoffs he has been a minus player.
Did we forget the last playoff game against St. Louis he was in the penalty box for a goal. They also scored when he was on the ice and blew by him like a pylon. No thanks, the team is better without him.
Talk about picking your spots! He plays an edgy game. In the box for a goal? Plus minus? Can’t agree that those are issues that would make me not want a happy and healthy Buff on the Jets for the playoffs. I guess we just see him differently.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Talk about picking your spots! He plays an edgy game. In the box for a goal? Plus minus? Can’t agree that those are issues that would make me not want a happy and healthy Buff on the Jets for the playoffs. I guess we just see him differently.
You honestly think with his age,size, lack of conditioning he would be great against these young 20 year olds flying around? And we can now question if his heart is even in the game with what has taken place the last 8 months. Not
training this summer, waiting until November to get surgery, filing against the Jets.

Reactions: surixon

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
You honestly think with his age,size, lack of conditioning he would be great against these young 20 year olds flying around? And we can now question if his heart is even in the game with what has taken place the last 8 months. Not
training this summer, waiting until November to get surgery, filing against the Jets.
Do you honestly think that a multi time all star who plays a rugged game and stands up for his team while scoring at a high rate and is known to be a playoff beast isn’t better than out 4 worst defenders? We are allowed to disagree but your facts are skewed in the extreme. I bet every Jet except for the ones he would replace would love to have him on the ice.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Do you honestly think that a multi time all star who plays a rugged game and stands up for his team while scoring at a high rate and is known to be a playoff beast isn’t better than out 4 worst defenders? We are allowed to disagree but your facts are skewed in the extreme. I bet every Jet except for the ones he would replace would love to have him on the ice.
Totally agree , talk about short memory around here , Buff almost single handed got us to the 3rd round of the playoffs 2 years ago . Last season he was playing hurt for the playoffs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad