Player Discussion Duncan Keith (II)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I wonder if Tippett will try a Keith-Barrie experiment. I wonder if that would work.

Edit: No Knock on Ceci, just curious what it would look like in action.

Something I've thought about as well. Koekkoek-Barrie just doesn't have it imo. But then again, Keith-Ceci have been solid and messing with that could cause issues.

If Samorukov ends up getting called up, I think Keith-Barrie will be tried, with Samorukov-Ceci as the 3rd pairing, because throwing a rookie in Samorukov on a pairing with Barrie seems like a bad idea.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Something I've thought about as well. Koekkoek-Barrie just doesn't have it imo. But then again, Keith-Ceci have been solid and messing with that could cause issues.

If Samorukov ends up getting called up, I think Keith-Barrie will be tried, with Samorukov-Ceci as the 3rd pairing, because throwing a rookie in Samorukov on a pairing with Barrie seems like a bad idea.

Yeah, that seems like the likely scenario if Samorukov gets called up; ideally, getting an experienced, defensive LD that can cutback minutes for Nurse and Keith would be huge, especially before/during playoffs.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, that seems like the likely scenario if Samorukov gets called up; ideally, getting an experienced, defensive LD that can cutback minutes for Nurse and Keith would be huge, especially before/during playoffs.

I wouldn't be talking about him taking more minutes than Koekkoek currently does just yet- he's a rookie and he'll definitely have some growing pains at the NHL level.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I wouldn't be talking about him taking more minutes than Koekkoek currently does just yet- he's a rookie and he'll definitely have some growing pains at the NHL level.

Yeah, that's why I think an experienced defensive LD might help out a lot more than Samurokov this year; someone who can munch minutes, PK, and take some stress off of Keith/Nurse before the playoffs would be huge.

Personally, I'm sure Samurokov would do great, but management really prefers vets

Reactions: ujju2

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
It got really quiet in here.

I don't know what went on with Keith and what he knew, I'm not going to tar and feather him, but acting like nothing happened here and "just talking hockey" as if nothing is going on seems like exactly the kind of mindset we are trying to change.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't know what went on with Keith and what he knew, I'm not going to tar and feather him, but acting like nothing happened here and "just talking hockey" as if nothing is going on seems like exactly the kind of mindset we are trying to change.
Theres also a thread to discuss Keith and his relation with what happened with the blackhawks.

Duncan Keith & The Blackhawks Incident | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League (mandatory.com)

This is supposed to be kept to his on ice play.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
This is supposed to be kept to his on ice play.

He was talking about why it got so quiet in here, and I'm saying because the hockey world is going through a hard time and there's much more important things to talk about than how Duncan Keith is playing.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, that's why I think an experienced defensive LD might help out a lot more than Samurokov this year; someone who can munch minutes, PK, and take some stress off of Keith/Nurse before the playoffs would be huge.

Personally, I'm sure Samurokov would do great, but management really prefers vets

Someone who could form a stable pairing with Barrie would be ideal.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
There is a post for Duncan Keith and the Blackhawks incident. Lots of opinions over there.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-11-1_11-21-44.png

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

KK should be taken out in my opinion. I watched the Canucks Oilers game in person and KK had no confidence in the D zone. He had a giveaway almost every time he was on

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

I'd rather see:

Nurse Barrie
Keith Bouchard
Samorukov Ceci

Nurse can carry Barrie's issues...

Keith and impart wisdom

And Ceci gives Samorukov a modicum of vet stability while he breaks in on the third pair

Reactions: ujju2

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'd rather see:

Nurse Barrie
Keith Bouchard
Samorukov Ceci

Nurse can carry Barrie's issues...

Keith and impart wisdom

And Ceci gives Samorukov a modicum of vet stability while he breaks in on the third pair
It will be interesting to see how the pairings work out when Samurokov gets a shot.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
McDavid draws the top opposition. Keith and Ceci don't play with McDavid. Ergo, they aren't facing top opposition.
Mcdavid draws the top defensive opposition. Ergo, the rest of the lineup is against better offensive lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad