Player Discussion Duncan Keith (II)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Holy f*** what?

I think this comment is so out of touch. People just have strong feelings about sexual assault. Considering how many stories has come out about sexual misconduct in sports in the last even 2 years, of course people are going to be looking at the players involved.

Everyone in that org should be looked at. From the GM to the last player in the pressbox. Has nothing to do with the Keith trade.

How would you feel if I said people are only defending Keith because they liked the Keith trade and how is has played already?

What an out of touch comment.

He got torched for his vaccine comments as well. It's like a pack of hungry lions waiting for him to make his first slip then POUNCE. If you don't believe me, go back earlier in this thread and see the vitriol towards him. I even criticized him a bit for even answering the vaccine question but some people were assassinating the crap out of his character.
Hell, he was even getting torched because he missed the beginning of Training Camp.
There is definitely some bias in play when it comes to giving the benefit of the doubt to players that the hivemind doesn't like.

My point is that the vitriol towards Keith goes WAY beyond the sexual harassment stuff and a lot of those posters have yet to acknowledge that he's been decent in these first 5 games and not the worst player in the league. Some have, like you and a few others so credit to you guys. The others (including a prominent one that posted recently in this thread) will never admit they might be wrong but, whatever.

In any event, if he was involved in this then he deserves to have the book thrown at him but as far as we know, he hasn't been pointed out as somebody who was involved and hasn't been interrogated so why does he have to answer for anything and why is it assumed that he HAD TO be involved just because he was a part of the on ice leadership?

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
He got torched for his vaccine comments as well. It's like a pack of hungry lions waiting for him to make his first slip then POUNCE. If you don't believe me, go back earlier in this thread and see the vitriol towards him. I even criticized him a bit for even answering the vaccine question but some people were assassinating the crap out of his character.
Hell, he was even getting torched because he missed the beginning of Training Camp.
There is definitely some bias in play when it comes to giving the benefit of the doubt to players that the hivemind doesn't like.

My point is that the vitriol towards Keith goes WAY beyond the sexual harassment stuff and a lot of those posters have yet to acknowledge that he's been decent in these first 5 games and not the worst player in the league. Some have, like you and a few others so credit to you guys. The others (including a prominent one that posted recently in this thread) will never admit they might be wrong but, whatever.

In any event, if he was involved in this then he deserves to have the book thrown at him but as far as we know, he hasn't been pointed out as somebody who was involved and hasn't been interrogated so why does he have to answer for anything and why is it assumed that he HAD TO be involved just because he was a part of the on ice leadership?

He doesnt have to be involved. All im saying is that if you are in a leadership position in a lockeroom not only are you more plugged in to the inner workings of locker room you are also more plugged in to coaching and some levels of management.

I just want it cleared up and I hope anyone whos wants a deeper investigation or is defending him is doing it because they want the right solution for the victim & everyone involved and not because they want to be right about a trade.

EDIT: My bad just saw mod post. Delete if you would like.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Holy f*** what?

I think this comment is so out of touch. People just have strong feelings about sexual assault. Considering how many stories has come out about sexual misconduct in sports in the last even 2 years, of course people are going to be looking at the players involved.

Everyone in that org should be looked at. From the GM to the last player in the pressbox. Has nothing to do with the Keith trade.

How would you feel if I said people are only defending Keith because they liked the Keith trade and how is has played already?

What an out of touch comment.
To be blunt, f*** you for writing this.
I'm not minimizing the sexual assault. The Blackhawks deserve to rot for what happened and the players who taunted the victim also do too. But Duncan Keith hasn't been accused of doing anything here. What exactly is he supposed to answer for? Most of the players said they weren't aware or didn't know until after Aldrich left the organization. The two players (Sopel and Boynton) who claimed that everyone knew during the playoffs couldn't back up that claim when they were asked to do so. That's all in the report.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'm not minimizing the sexual assault. The Blackhawks deserve to rot for what happened and the players who taunted the victim also do too. But Duncan Keith hasn't been accused of doing anything here. What exactly is he supposed to answer for? Most of the players said they weren't aware or didn't know until after Aldrich left the organization. The two players (Sopel and Boynton) who claimed that everyone knew during the playoffs couldn't back up that claim when they were asked to do so. That's all in the report.

I think the answer to this question lies somewhere between what Sopel and Boynton said and what the other coaches on the Blackhawks said.

In the report a few Blackhawks coaches reported the next season that “what occured during the spring [had] been weighing a lot on John Doe.” As someone who’s played on teams of various high levels, captains and assistant captains along with coaches get to know their players very, very well and I imagine it goes to the next level when you’re at a level such as the NHL.

As a result, realistically (and what the media has been asking) what he’s expected to be accountable for is either why didn’t he know or if he did know why wasn’t more done?

The two sides are either he’s not an extremely good assistant captain and didn’t bother digging deeper (or was told not to) or he did know and was either complicit in the coverup or was told it was being handled by upper management.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
McDavid draws the top opposition. Keith and Ceci don't play with McDavid. Ergo, they aren't facing top opposition.
I said that they spend most of their ice time against the oppositions top lines, i.e. more time against 1st/2nd lines than against others. Right now I keep getting error messages from my analytics site, but as soon as it works I’ll check it again.

Edit: from memory though, vs Anaheim I think Keith’s most common opposition was Rakell, 6-7 mins. Of course top pair sees more of it, I’d guess 8-9 mins, but it’s not like top lines only play one set of players and relatively Keith and Ceci spends more of their ice time against top lines than against others. Again though I will check those nrs tomorrow.

Reactions: nabob

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
McDavid draws the top opposition. Keith and Ceci don't play with McDavid. Ergo, they aren't facing top opposition.
Who are Keith/Ceci's most common forwards on the Oil? Eg. Nurse spends a lot of time with McD and his line.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Who are Keith/Ceci's most common forwards on the Oil? Eg. Nurse spends a lot of time with McD and his line.

I think the Nuge/Drai-Hyman/Yamamoto line. He made a pretty sweet pass to Kassian last game which resulted in a goal so he plays with the Kassian/Ryan/Foegele line as well

Reactions: Czechboy

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it would be nuge/drai/yams or ryan/fog/kass from what i have seen. i was wondering that but i think they use nurse+barrie/bouchard with 97

Reactions: Czechboy

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

91104785ced0fb1db64d0970e1b245e2.png

Duncan Keith - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: ujju2 and Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice cleanup by the mods! Hopefully we can talk hockey on here!

From Lowetide

upload_2021-10-28_11-24-38.png

Still a respectable game from Keith IMO

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I wonder if Tippett will try a Keith-Barrie experiment. I wonder if that would work.

Edit: No Knock on Ceci, just curious what it would look like in action.

Reactions: ujju2

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if Tippett will try a Keith-Barrie experiment. I wonder if that would work.

Edit: No Knock on Ceci, just curious what it would look like in action.
I think that'd be an ELITE third pair and a troubled second pair.

If they were on third pair with special teams (Barrie on PP and Keith on PK) then they'd still get similar minutes.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-10-31_11-30-32.png

It got really quiet in here.

Here is what the journal said about him last night.. I included Ceci as well since they've been stapled together and dealing with the toughest assignments on the team.

Both have been solid. I wouldn't say great, outstanding or elite. Solid 6 out of 10 is great though for stability.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
View attachment 475727

It got really quiet in here.

Here is what the journal said about him last night.. I included Ceci as well since they've been stapled together and dealing with the toughest assignments on the team.

Both have been solid. I wouldn't say great, outstanding or elite. Solid 6 out of 10 is great though for stability.
I love the pairing but Edmonton journal grades are trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad