Player Discussion Duncan Keith (II)

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
That's exactly the reason.

Holy f*** what?

I think this comment is so out of touch. People just have strong feelings about sexual assault. Considering how many stories has come out about sexual misconduct in sports in the last even 2 years, of course people are going to be looking at the players involved.

Everyone in that org should be looked at. From the GM to the last player in the pressbox. Has nothing to do with the Keith trade.

How would you feel if I said people are only defending Keith because they liked the Keith trade and how is has played already?

What an out of touch comment.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Holy f*** what?

I think this comment is so out of touch. People just have strong feelings about sexual assault. Considering how many stories has come out about sexual misconduct in sports in the last even 2 years, of course people are going to be looking at the players involved.

Everyone in that org should be looked at. From the GM to the last player in the pressbox. Has nothing to do with the Keith trade.

How would you feel if I said people are only defending Keith because they liked the Keith trade and how is has played already?

It seems that there is a strong correlation between not liking the Keith trade on these boards and "having strong feelings about sexual assault."

Wonder why that is?

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
It seems that there is a strong correlation between not liking the Keith trade on these boards and "having strong feelings about sexual assault."

Wonder why that is?

Dude what?

So there is another strong correlating between people who like Keith who think this sexual assault case needs to be minimized?

Just grasping at straws. I have seen nobody say Keith needs to be suspended, but that we need more info on all the players and what role they played in the bullying/taunting/cover up. And that would OBVIOUSLY include the main leadership group.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Wonder why that is?
If it were Connor McDavid my feelings wouldn't change. I want the book thrown at all the Blackhawks involved, and I say that as someone who, prior to the play-ins a couple years ago, really liked that team. It's completely disingenuous to say that people who didn't like the trade also want to string him up. Sexual assault is a serious matter, it doesn't matter who is directly involved.

I will also happily acknowledge that Keith is playing very well so far this season, but if he had any hand in this, he needs to speak up and quick.

Reactions: Pointteen

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Holy f*** what?

Keith has been accused of nothing.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Keith has been accused of nothing.

When did I say he was?

All I said everyone who was in that lockerroom should be looked at for there involvement in the bullying/taunting/cover up. Especially the leadership group.

I would be happy to hear that they had zero knowledge, but I dont think anyone in that lockerroom shouldnt be at least talked too about their involvement.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
When did I say he was?

All I said everyone who was in that lockerroom should be looked at for there involvement in the bullying/taunting/cover up. Especially the leadership group.

I would be happy to hear that they had zero knowledge, but I dont think anyone in that lockerroom shouldnt be at least talked too about their involvement.
who's saying otherwise?

people here are just saying some are taking this opportunity to hammer Keith once again because they didn't like the trade

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Dude what?

So there is another strong correlating between people who like Keith who think this sexual assault case needs to be minimized?

Just grasping at straws. I have seen nobody say Keith needs to be suspended, but that we need more info on all the players and what role they played in the bullying/taunting/cover up. And that would OBVIOUSLY include the main leadership group.

The report covered all this. Basically 6/7 players knew nothing, 6/7 players heard rumors, and 6/7 players had a better grasp of what happened, without clarity on to what degree they knew anything. So the mix is from knowing nothing to knowing something definitely happened, but without details.

So it is clear as mud and very unlikely to become any clearer. The fact that the victim seemed happy with the report and the report gave little mention to any issues created by the players outside of the one chirp (that wasn't even directed at John Doe) indicates to me that the report likely captures the meat of what happened.

The assumption among many here is that "well Keith was in the leadership group he must have known SOMETHING!" which absolutely zero people outside of Keith and a few others (maybe) know. Witch hunting anyone in the organization that "knew" (as if that is enough of a standard to assume nefarious actions/intent) until they are all banished isn't necessary, important, or material to any kind of positive outcome.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
who's saying otherwise?

people here are just saying some are taking this opportunity to hammer Keith once again because they didn't like the trade

I dont think they are. Has anyone said Keith should be off the team?

I said he should have to answer questions about it. The worst ive seen is someone saying *if* he was involved they dont want him on the team.

Who are these people that are hammering Keith right now? I just think people want to know more about what happened in that lockerroom, and sadly Keith was a major part of that lockerroom.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
The report covered all this. Basically 6/7 players knew nothing, 6/7 players heard rumors, and 6/7 players had a better grasp of what happened, without clarity on to what degree they knew anything. So the mix is from knowing nothing to knowing something definitely happened, but without details.

So it is clear as mud and very unlikely to become any clearer. The fact that the victim seemed happy with the report and the report gave little mention to any issues created by the players outside of the one chirp (that wasn't even directed at John Doe) indicates to me that the report likely captures the meat of what happened.

The assumption among many here is that "well Keith was in the leadership group he must have known SOMETHING!" which absolutely zero people outside of Keith and a few others (maybe) know. Witch hunting anyone in the organization that "knew" (as if that is enough of a standard to assume nefarious actions/intent) until they are all banished isn't necessary, important, or material to any kind of positive outcome.

Investigating the lockeroom and asking questions is hardly witch hunting.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Duncan Keith Part 1 - closed due to covid arguing
Duncan Keith Part 2 - will probably be closed due to all the sexual assault allegations (guessing)

Duncan Keith Part 3 - this one might be great as we might have a good sample size of how the player is doing and be able to talk stats!

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
When did I say he was?

There are people (not you) who are absolutely looking to take down everyone regardless of involvement.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
There are people (not you) who are absolutely looking to take down everyone regardless of involvement.

Fair enough. I would hope people can look past their feelings on this trade and actually just think about the best result for the victim(s). I hope this gets resolved soon.

This thread is too much for me this early in the AM, I am out haha.

Reactions: Czechboy

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Care to name them? If he wasn’t involved then that’s great. If he was then he should face consequences. I don’t think that’s a wildly hot take.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

strawman argument.

let’s see the people who said it.

All I see are people saying if he was involved or knew about it, then he’s a prick.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The difference in their EV stat line is literally based on defending against a team that has pulled their goalie (still counts as EV strength obvioulsy), and Nurse playing those minutes with Drai/McD. Using EV GF/GA is not a very good way to evaluate players in this manner, even without looking at the deployment that others and you have already mentioned. Keith has been more than fine, Ceci as well. Considering also that they are spending most of their EV time against the oppositions top lines.

Huh?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Wonder why that is?

You are at best ambivalent about sexual assault, I take it?

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Holy f*** what?

Yeah it’s just minimizing the accusations by painting everyone who’s asking questions as “people who don’t like the trade and want to pile on.”

I didn’t like the trade, but Keith has been decent to good for us so far. Why would my opinion on how he’s faring as a hockey player right now have anything to do with this accusations?

It’s just as easy to say that those who are defending him are just doing so because he’s an Oiler.

And for the record, we still don’t know to what extent he was involved so I’m not stating this as an attack on him, but if he was someone enabling this behavior he absolutely deserves to be held accountable.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Care to name them? If he wasn’t involved then that’s great. If he was then he should face consequences. I don’t think that’s a wildly hot take.

strawman argument.

let’s see the people who said it.

All I see are people saying if he was involved or knew about it, then he’s a prick.

I'm not going to name names. They don't deserve the attention. For clarity, I'm not talking about anyone in here. The threads on the main board is where I am seeing that.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yeah it’s just minimizing the accusations by painting everyone who’s asking questions as “people who don’t like the trade and want to pile on.”

I didn’t like the trade, but Keith has been decent to good for us so far. Why would my opinion on how he’s faring as a hockey player right now have anything to do with this accusations?

It’s just as easy to say that those who are defending him are just doing so because he’s an Oiler.

And for the record, we still don’t know to what extent he was involved so I’m not stating this as an attack on him, but if he was someone enabling this behavior he absolutely deserves to be held accountable.
and I think the rest of us want all the facts out before we start playing the "if" game

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If you guys want to talk about the allegations do it on the mains or on Chicago's board. They happened while he was there and unless there was wrongdoing on his part (and it comes out) it doesn't have a damn thing to do with him or the Oilers and people should stop dragging his name through the mud when they have no idea wtf his involvement was or wasn't.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Anyone who is going after specific people over this should read the report first. Gather all the details available and direct your ire at the people who absolutely deserve it. There is plenty to be upset about without dragging people into this that have no evidence of being involved.
99% of people who go off are people who would not take any time to read facts/reports/etc. That is how it goes with most things.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If you guys want to talk about the allegations do it on the mains or on Chicago's board. They happened while he was there and unless there was wrongdoing on his part (and it comes out) it doesn't have a damn thing to do with him or the Oilers and people should stop dragging his name through the mud when they have no idea wtf his involvement was or wasn't.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad