Injury Report: Duncan Keith (4-6 weeks after meniscal tear surgery)

zac

Apr 29, 2009
The difference had to be peanuts. Signing Rozi or Rundblad over him is/was ********. I really don't see how it was a "business" decision.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Peanuts make a big difference when you are as close to the cap as Chicago was. And from what we saw out of Visnovsky, he wasn't much better than what we are currently trotting out there right now.

I would imagine the emergence of Svedberg is what the business decision was. That and Roszival could go on LTIR, whereas Visnovsky couldn't.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wonder what the odds are that Keith turns the 4-6 wks estimate into 3-4 wks?

If the rest of his body is as efficient as his lungs, he is likely to surprise everyone.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Peanuts make a big difference when you are as close to the cap as Chicago was. And from what we saw out of Visnovsky, he wasn't much better than what we are currently trotting out there right now.

I would imagine the emergence of Svedberg is what the business decision was. That and Roszival could go on LTIR, whereas Visnovsky couldn't.

Wasnt thinking about LTIR.

Even still, roll with 6 defensemen and sign him once you have the cap cushion. Or sign him and only call someone up for 7 on injury.

I look at it as a viz for rozi or undblad swap. Thats a no brainer.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Update, the Slovak media made a bad transcript of the press conf. In regards to the signed contract collapsing, this was not with Chicago, but with Islanders. So apparently after Chicago signed Rozsival, he was let go and Islanders offered him a contract, which he signed, but Isles did not for a reason he didn't want to talk about. Chicago didn't sign Visnovsky due to his current back problems, they wanted a guy who's 100% fit.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Wasnt thinking about LTIR.

Even still, roll with 6 defensemen and sign him once you have the cap cushion. Or sign him and only call someone up for 7 on injury.

I look at it as a viz for rozi or undblad swap. Thats a no brainer.

You can't roll with 6 defenseman going on the road, not ideal. And I doubt Vis was going to stick around and wait for Chicago to have room.

Plus, I trust our beat writers opinion before this, that he wanted too much money and wasn't willing to play for a Roszival type contract.

And a no-brainer? Vis was 39, and looked awful in training camp games. Hardly a no-brainer.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
You can't roll with 6 defenseman going on the road, not ideal. And I doubt Vis was going to stick around and wait for Chicago to have room.

Plus, I trust our beat writers opinion before this, that he wanted too much money and wasn't willing to play for a Roszival type contract.

And a no-brainer? Vis was 39, and looked awful in training camp games. Hardly a no-brainer.

Yep, age has caught up with Vis. Happens to every player sooner or later. Loved his career nonetheless. Last coupe of good bye games playing for Slovan in KHL and he retires. He has some intentions of opening up some sports complex in Bratislava for kids.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 5m5 minutes ago
Duncan Keith (!), Marian Hossa and Artem Anisimov all on the ice for #Blackhawks' morning skate.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2m2 minutes ago
Duncan Keith moving pretty darn well for a guy less than three weeks removed from knee surgery. Or for any other human. #Blackhawks

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Duncan Keith (!), Marian Hossa and Artem Anisimov all on the ice for #Blackhawks' morning skate.

Duncan Keith moving pretty darn well for a guy less than three weeks removed from knee surgery. Or for any other human. #Blackhawks

Well that just about made my sunday morning. :handclap:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Yahoo!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Apparently (per beat writers on Twitter) he's a maybe for Saturday against the Blues and that he apparently sustained the injury during the finals against Tampa. He said that a player fell on top of him and that the discomfort subsided during the offseason only to start bugging him again during this season.

Also, Q was not aware that the injury occurred during the finals when asked about it during morning skate.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Keith is the one guy in the history of cbas to have a legit case to get his contract reworked to double the aav in the name of cosmic justice

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
So, how much cap space LTIR benefit will the Hawks get if Keith comes back by Saturday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad