Injury Report: Duncan Keith (4-6 weeks after meniscal tear surgery)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It really wasn't that much better at all. Terrible at getting into the zone, terrible at keeping pucks in the zone, and movement up high was an issue. Seabrooks shot was a good one, but luckily got a tip from Bollands stick. And the other PP goal was off the rush, not a set up in zone play.

Other than those 2 goals, the PP was very ordinary.

It was a set up power play rush play on Kanes goal, or at least Seabrook said they were working on that in practice the day before which was noted to be a lot of special teams work.

But still, no shock zac isn't really on the reality there to say it was infinitely better. It wasn't at all, they just got goals out of the insanely high amount of PP chances they were getting.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I am curious what will happen when Roszival comes back, and Keith is healthy. Q seems to be really liking Svedberg, for good reason.

Does Rundblad get waived?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I am curious what will happen when Roszival comes back, and Keith is healthy. Q seems to be really liking Svedberg, for good reason.

Seems reasonable. He's definitely low man on the totem pole.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It really wasn't that much better at all. Terrible at getting into the zone, terrible at keeping pucks in the zone, and movement up high was an issue. Seabrooks shot was a good one, but luckily got a tip from Bollands stick. And the other PP goal was off the rush, not a set up in zone play.

Other than those 2 goals, the PP was very ordinary.

Especially early on the PP looked the same: too much fancy dan, not enough shooting but I think they got better as the night went on. They certainly had enough attempts. I hope Q tries AA in the slot again. His big body helps.

Still, many Hawks having problems with shots getting blocked (and not just on the PP). The lack of one-timers is a big factor there.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Possible.

His cap hit is only one million, so they can bury all but 10% or less in the minors.

I'd prefer they actually look at what this post-injury Rozsival actually performs like first. He was roughly as mobile as **** dripping uphill before he injured his ankle.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Just maybe Q is hoping Rozi will come back with more energy with some "#FreshLegs"

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Someone on twitter mentioned that Roszival was skating really well, and we all know Q prefers him to Rundblad. I can see Roszival getting a conditioning stint in Rockford, and then replacing one of Rundblad or Svedberg when Keith is healthy. Preferably Runbad.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Agreed, but I would hope they test a few young guys BEFORE the trade deadline so they know if we need to go acquire a vet or not.

I think they should get a vet regardless. Pokka and Gustafsson are really the only 2 realistic options down there, and I don't think they should be playing in the playoffs for a team with Cup aspirations.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I think they should get a vet regardless. Pokka and Gustafsson are really the only 2 realistic options down there, and I don't think they should be playing in the playoffs for a team with Cup aspirations.

Right, but you don't know if you need a #3/4 vet, or if you need a #6/#7 vet unless you try out your options.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
That being said. TVR has honestly been a beast this season. Been loving watching him play.

He was very solid vs FLA ... but lets hold off on the "beast" .. he's been tenttive and sub par all the rest of the year

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
I think it's far more likely that Rosczival can recapture the competence he displayed in the Wild series for short bursts on a third pairing than Rundblad can ever develop the spine or competence required to play for the Blackhawks in any type of high leverage scenario.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He was very solid vs FLA ... but lets hold off on the "beast" .. he's been tenttive and sub par all the rest of the year

Uh .... negative. Perhaps the first few games TVR was a tad hesitant but he has been good since and was our best dman a few times in this young season. Pay attention.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Uh .... negative. Perhaps the first few games TVR was a tad hesitant but he has been good since and was our best dman a few times in this young season. Pay attention.

This. Open your eyes, son.

I said this last year but TVR is probably the smartest defenseman we have. He has great instincts and is pretty much guaranteed to make the right move.

This is where Stan's contract ****ups are looking to hurt us BIG time going forward. Too much to T and K, Bickell, Seabs extension...this is a guy we need to lock up before everyone else figures out how good he really is. By the end of the year I think the rest of the board will understand how bad that extension really was.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yea, TVR was rough the first couple games, and I've only seen one since, but from what I saw and what I've heard, he's playing much better now.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I said this last year but TVR is probably the smartest defenseman we have. He has great instincts and is pretty much guaranteed to make the right move.

This is where Stan's contract ****ups are looking to hurt us BIG time going forward. Too much to T and K, Bickell, Seabs extension...this is a guy we need to lock up before everyone else figures out how good he really is. By the end of the year I think the rest of the board will understand how bad that extension really was.

I don't think anybody really likes it. They understand it, but pretty much everybody knows we're going to eat some pretty mediocre years.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seabrook's deal is not that bad because it is only 1 million more AAV. Once Bickell's deal is gone we should be fine as long as the cap goes up a bit each year. The Bickell deal is the one that hurts right now.

Seabrook's deal will hurt when he is 37 and 38 but winning now is worth the pain later.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Yes. Extending TVR should definitely be one of Stan's priorities.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

I would say besides that first game at home and the first game in Brooklyn, he's been our 2nd best Dman. Many nights being our best. I also could care less if he finishes the year with minimal hits. Love how he plays with the stick and seems to be soaking up a lot of Hjammer's game I think idk maybe thats just me.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Brian Hedger ‎@BrianHedger
Sounds kind of like Q maybe liked Hejda/Visnovsky, but neither were willing to play for the amount Rozsival was (reported $600k plus bonus)

I doubt very much Hedger was lying and it seems the reason Rozy is back is because he agreed to cheap deal ,, And since departing Hawks PTO neither Hejda or Vis have gotten a contract from NHL team

They priced themselves out of roster spot on NHL team

speculating here, but Visnovsky just had a press conference in Bratislava announcing he will be continuing the season with Slovan Bratislava in the KHL. Among the things he said was one thing that I found interesting. Loose translation:

"We liked it (Chicago), but it's business, that's what I was told by them in Chicago. They sent me a contract, one thing collapsed it all though, already after my signature. I was surprised."

He wouldn't go into further details, but the way I see it Q liked him, he was given a contract to sign, Vis liked it it, he signed it, but then something happened and Chicago didn't sign it on their end. Most probably Roszival signing a cheaper contract, hence "business".

P.S. Vis also said this will be most probably his last season, then he'll retire.

Edit: Update, the Slovak media made a bad transcript of the press conf. In regards to the signed contract collapsing, this was not with Chicago, but with Islanders. So apparently after Chicago signed Rozsival, he was let go and Islanders offered him a contract, which he signed, but Isles did not for a reason he didn't want to talk about. Chicago didn't sign Visnovsky due to his current back problems, they wanted a guy who's 100% fit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad