Value of: Dumba to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You are such a shrewd negotiator. :rolleyes:

Yeah well none of this is real life... it all about value discussions.

Yeah, the value is what buyer and seller agree on. Wild fans aren't interested in anything less than Marner or Nylander+.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
You are such a shrewd negotiator. :rolleyes:

Yeah well none of this is real life... it all about value discussions.
Well, none of this is real life so you should trade Draisaitl for Brodin. Just to have a value discussion.

(Dumba's Value to us would be Marner or Nylander+)

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It's not delusion. Wild fans have no interest in trading Dumba, yet are bombarded by at least one thread per week asking for him. If Leafs fans want Dumba, it's Marner or Nylander+, otherwise we have no incentive to trade him.
Leafs could do better than Dumba if Marner is ever up for trade!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, that's close value... how old are you, 12?
What exactly are you looking for then? Every Wild fan is saying it would take Marner or Nylander+. Are you upset because you don't agree? You think we should talk about Hyman++ or Kapanen++ just for the luls?

You even said you were asking for overpayment... so it's not fair value.
I don't think I've ever said the word overpyament. That is his value. Anything less is underpayment.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
The point I'm trying to make is, The Wild don't believe there is a trade to be made here. Removing Dumba from our roster creates a hole in our long-term plans, and the only way a trade involving him would be worth it for us to make is for the net increase in performance of our team to be worth the downgrade we would make on defense. For example, a center with more value than him (Marner) or a RW with similar value (Nylander), and a plus equal in value to how much we would be downgrading on D for a position we have less demand for.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Yeah it's not close value but this isn't real negotiation, so real value doesn't come into play. (Your logic).

Nah... I suggested it's a logical value discussion.. not like you are the GM of the team and negotiating a deal... "We need over payment"... (I hate that saying) sorry should have included the word "logical"... or maybe I should have said "intelligent" because logic get thrown out the window when people are in love with their own players.

The Wild are not a desperate team but neither are the Leafs, to make a deal that does not provide fair value (vs. over payment) for high end assets like Dumba or Nylander.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Nah... I suggested it's a logical value discussion.. not like you are the GM of the team and negotiating a deal... "We need over payment"... (I hate that saying) sorry should have included the word "logical"... or maybe I should have said "intelligent" because logic get thrown out the window when people are in love with their own players.

The Wild are not a desperate team but neither are the Leafs, to make a deal that does not provide fair value (vs. over payment) for high end assets like Dumba or Nylander.
How often do one for one equal value trades happen? Definitely not as often as trades made based on balancing position of need for higher/lower value.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The Wild fans also aren't going out every week looking for Nylander offering crap pieces over and over again. And we're not shopping Dumba either. That's the difference.

Reactions: nturn06 and llp

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
What exactly are you looking for then? Every Wild fan is saying it would take Marner or Nylander+. Are you upset because you don't agree? You think we should talk about Hyman++ or Kapanen++ just for the luls?

I don't think I've ever said the word overpyament. That is his value. Anything less is underpayment.

Absolutely not - read my posts, I highly value Dumba... but he has flaws (ones he should be able to rectify with the proper development). Like I said in my post above Nylander is fair value... you immediately shot it down and said Nylander +, which to me leads me to believe you expect the + to be significant. If you come back and say the + is a 3rd round pick (so you can claim Dumba has more value than Nylander) then is that really that much of a difference of value? So what's the +?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The Wild fans also aren't going out every week looking for Nylander offering crap pieces over and over again. And we're not shopping Dumba either. That's the difference.

OK, so you are basically being argumentative and stubborn because of all the bad offers you read on this board from some Leaf posters. Got it... thanks for the clarification.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think discussing Nylander does nothing for Minnesota in the area they need it most: clutch playoff performers. I’d much rather bank on Nino and Coyle being 50-60pt players than trade Dumba for Nylander.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think discussing Nylander does nothing for Minnesota in the area they need it most: clutch playoff performers. I’d much rather bank on Nino and Coyle being 50-60pt players than trade Dumba for Nylander.

Good comment... this makes sense to me.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
OK, so you are basically being argumentative and stubborn because of all the bad offers you read on this board from some Leaf posters. Got it... thanks for the clarification.

No I'm having a discussion about what it would take to get Dumba to Toronto. Dipshits seem to think I'm being argumentative and stubborn for no reason because they don't like the answer.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Personally, I say the + would be about equal to (without being) a mid first round pick. Picks don't really fit into our timetable. Kapanen comes to mind as something with similar value to that, but I'm not convinced he can pull it together.

But even then, it would be a total scenery shakeup move, with some of our wingers going out.

I don't like it and would rather keep Dumba.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Here’s a perspective: imagine a Wild fan created a thread for Draisaitl for Seeler++. Now imagine that a similar variation of that same thread kept popping up. Oilers fans say no we want XYZ player for him or we’d rather keep him. Wild fans eventually let it go, but then repeat the same proposal the next week and the cycle begins anew. That’s the overdramatic version/equivalent of what keeps happening.

How long can you last without losing patience for the same thing happening over and over again?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No I'm having a discussion about what it would take to get Dumba to Toronto. Dip****s seem to think I'm being argumentative and stubborn for no reason because they don't like the answer.

Is that being directed to me?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is that being directed to me?

No it's about people who think I'm being argumentative and stubborn for the sake of it because they don't like my answers to the weekly Value Of: Dumba threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad