Value of: Dumba to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Wild management and ownership gave up Tuch and Haula to protect Dumba in the expansion draft, then new management and ownership gave him a 5 year contract last night, and every single Wild fan in this thread has said the exact same thing as I am.

I feel pretty comfortable using the term “we” at this point.
Totally the same as Dumba will never, ever be traded so you'll shut down every thread started by requesting something ridiculous like Matthews + Tavares. It's almost as if team needs can change, management can change, offers that can't be resisted can present themselves, or posters might want to discuss trade value for the sake of it. If they want to do that, they should be able to. And it's not like Haula and Tuch are Gretzky and Lemieux anyway.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Except Boudreau is a CF% system. Here is a chart of Anaheim

Boudreau hasn’t coached in Anaheim in over two years, and while I’ve never coached in the NHL, I think it’s probably fair to say coaching style can change based on the players you’re coaching.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
So Wild fan's input doesn't matter because it's not what you want to hear. Instead, our input is derailing the discussion?

Get the **** outta here lol.
"I didn't like what Mach85 had to say so I completely misrepresented his point." See, I can do what you just did too.

For the record, I think the OP is one of the worst proposals I've ever seen. But if you don't wanna talk about trading Dumba...don't. But don't prevent others from doing so on a discussion board. Not a controversial point, fellas.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Totally the same as Dumba will never, ever be traded so you'll shut down every thread started by requesting something ridiculous like Matthews + Tavares. It's almost as if team needs can change, management can change, offers that can't be resisted can present themselves, or posters might want to discuss trade value for the sake of it. If they want to do that, they should be able to. And it's not like Haula and Tuch are Gretzky and Lemieux anyway.

Sure, if you want to discuss trade value for the sake of it, the value we require for Dumba is Marner.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Boudreau hasn’t coached in Anaheim in over two years, and while I’ve never coached in the NHL, I think it’s probably fair to say coaching style can change based on the players you’re coaching.
He did the same thing in Wash

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Again with the "we." You're not your team's management. If YOU and other fans don't want to trade him, that's cool you don't have to participate. But derailing things for others who want to discuss the idea is just trolling and disruptive.

This thread was derailed the moment it started. Hyman+? That’s the biggest troll post in this thread.

Okay, what’s a fair deal that you would be willing to part with to acquire Dumba?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
"I didn't like what Mach85 had to say so I completely misrepresented his point." See, I can do what you just did too.

You've been told the same thing repeatedly throughout this thread and refuse to take it as truth. The ask from the Wild would be either Marner or Nylander+. That's it. There's no Hyman+, there's no Gardiner+, there's no Kapanen+, no other Wild fan has expressed any interest in your scraps.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Sure, if you want to discuss trade value for the sake of it, the value we require for Dumba is Marner.
Alright man, I can respect that. We at least can have a discussion. I wouldn't make the deal if I were the Leafs personally, because Marner is an important player. But I don't know Minny as well as I know the Leafs, and I'm sure you value Dumba as well and may require extra value to trade him.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
You've been told the same thing repeatedly throughout this thread and refuse to take it as truth. The ask from the Leafs would be either Marner or Nylander+. That's it. There's no Hyman+, there's no Gardiner+, there's no Kapanen+, no other Wild fan has expressed any interest in your scraps.
"I" haven't been told anything lol. I was a lurker until I got frustrated with how the discussion was being shut down. Re-read the original post I quoted, and my original point, then get back to me. I have no argument when it comes to Minny fans' dissatisfaction with the original proposal. Jeez.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
"I" haven't been told anything lol. I was a lurker until I got frustrated with how the discussion was being shut down. Re-read the original post I quoted, and my original point, then get back to me. I have no argument when it comes to Minny fans' dissatisfaction with the original proposal. Jeez.

Re-read the entire thread and you'll see literally every Wild fan has made the same point throughout the thread. There's no more discussion to be had.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
This thread was derailed the moment it started. Hyman+? That’s the biggest troll post in this thread.

Okay, what’s a fair deal that you would be willing to part with to acquire Dumba?
Fellas, I'm not part of the sub-discussion about trading for Dumba lol. I took issue with one or two people trying to shut down ANY discussion of trading Dumba. I don't think Dumba is a good fit for the Leafs based on current roster composition + what it would take to acquire him. I think a fair deal, though I'm not sure either base would like it, is Nylander for Dumba.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Re-read the entire thread and you'll see literally every Wild fan has made the same point throughout the thread. There's no more discussion to be had.
Cool. Then you don't need to be in it. But you don't need to quote everyone that tries to continue it (as the person I originally quoted did) and try to shut down any further discussion. That's my original point. That's it. Nothing else.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Cool. Then you don't need to be in it. But you don't need to quote everyone that tries to continue it (as the person I originally quoted did) and try to shut down any further discussion. That's my original point. That's it. Nothing else.

We have discussed it and we were offered one of the worst proposals I've ever seen with Hyman+.

If Dumba is ever moving, it's for a similarly aged Top 6 forward that's proven they have potential to be a top line winger.

Totally shutting down discussion by listing what we'd want in a deal.

I literally don't even know what point you're trying to make. Quit gatekeeping.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Here's a comprehensive list of all the times I alone tried to have a legitimate discussion about the value of Dumba to the Leafs before I started "derailing" this thread (which was already derailed by the time OP hit post).

Still not close.
Marner or Nylander+, or Dumba stays with us.
We'd be interested in Marner or Nylander+ for Dumba.
We'd be looking for Marner or Nylander+

Of course that doesn't include all the other Wild fans saying we're not interested in trading Dumba unless Marner or Nylander+ is coming back.

If you had been lurking until you saw me unjustly derail this thread like you claim, you should have seen those.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Fellas, I'm not part of the sub-discussion about trading for Dumba lol. I took issue with one or two people trying to shut down ANY discussion of trading Dumba. I don't think Dumba is a good fit for the Leafs based on current roster composition + what it would take to acquire him. I think a fair deal, though I'm not sure either base would like it, is Nylander for Dumba.
I wouldn’t touch Nylander for Dumba. The Wild have plenty of regular season performers whom become a shell of themselves in the playoffs.

The reason to shutdown discussion is because it’s the same crap every single thread. This has been going on for years. We, yes us Wild fans, won’t trade our player for four quarters. He just signed long term with us. There is zero incentive to trade him for anything short of overpayment.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

I would actually say that every non-Leaf poster realizes that it's going to be Nylander moving IF Minnesota were looking to make a deal with Dumba involved. There are only a few Leaf posters in here arguing otherwise... that should tell you that most of the Leaf posters realize these guys are out to lunch... or this thread would have 15+ pages.

IMO, Marner is too much from the TML side.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would actually say that every non-Leaf poster realizes that it's going to be Nylander moving if Minnesota were looking to make a deal with Dumba. There are only a few Leaf posters in here arguing otherwise... that should tell you that most of the Leaf posters realize these guys are out to lunch... or this thread would have 15+ pages.

IMO, Marner is too much from the TML side.

Not interested in anything less than Marner in a 1 for 1 deal. Nylander needs a +.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Then the delusion is strong on both sides.

It's not delusion. Wild fans have no interest in trading Dumba, yet are bombarded by at least one thread per week asking for him. If Leafs fans want Dumba, it's Marner or Nylander+, otherwise we have no incentive to trade him.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It's not delusion. Wild fans have no interest in trading Dumba, yet are bombarded by at least one thread per week asking for him. If Leafs fans want Dumba, it's Marner or Nylander+, otherwise we have no incentive to trade him.

You are such a shrewd negotiator. :rolleyes:

Yeah well none of this is real life... it all about value discussions.

Reactions: Mach85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad