Value of: Dumba to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Here’s a perspective: imagine a Wild fan created a thread for Draisaitl for Seeler++. Now imagine that a similar variation of that same thread kept popping up. Oilers fans say no we want XYZ player for him or we’d rather keep him. Wild fans eventually let it go, but then repeat the same proposal the next week and the cycle begins anew. That’s the overdramatic version/equivalent of what keeps happening.

How long can you last without losing patience for the same thing happening over and over again?

I get your perspective, because I see it consistently from all fan bases... it's an epidemic on this forum.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I think our best course of action is to just keep upping what we ask for in every thread until eventually people think we're idiots for asking so much and stop making threads.

Next Dumba to Toronto thread I'm asking for Matthews+Sandin.

It must be fantastic to be the official spokesperson of the Wild.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
As much as I would like to see Nylander on the Wild, if I were the Leafs, I would be going after Trouba.

Gardiner + Liljegren + Kapanen/Hyman/Brown

Trouba + Kulikov

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
look people, if you have any players who are from Wisconsin or who are friends with Ryan Suter then maybe you have a tiny little slight chance of successfully tweaking a deal as completely ridiculous as the OP.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
to the poster before, Yes i agree Dumba could turn into or is a solid#2A ...maybe peak at a 1b but Hedman,Burns and chara in their primes were not #2s there were 1A and above the rest,not even a 1b. Thats the difference and all i was stating via projected future value.

I don't see reilly who comparable stats to dumba turning into those as well.
I see them peaking at 1b and most likely 2a's in terms of defence.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As much as I would like to see Nylander on the Wild, if I were the Leafs, I would be going after Trouba.

Gardiner + Liljegren + Kapanen/Hyman/Brown

Trouba + Kulikov

Wow, we get 2 assets we dont need (or more like to say, 1 we dont need and 1 chooker) or want and a good prospect

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
to the poster before, Yes i agree Dumba could turn into or is a solid#2A ...maybe peak at a 1b but Hedman,Burns and chara in their primes were not #2s there were 1A and above the rest,not even a 1b. Thats the difference and all i was stating via projected future value.

I don't see reilly who comparable stats to dumba turning into those as well.
I see them peaking at 1b and most likely 2a's in terms of defence.

sooooo...you're just basing this off your opinion. his ceiling is a 1b because. If you watched Burns at this age in his career and you saw "1A defenseman" you'd be a friggin savant. Burns wasn't as good offensively or defensively at 23.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Wild management and ownership gave up Tuch and Haula to protect Dumba in the expansion draft, then new management and ownership gave him a 5 year contract last night, and every single Wild fan in this thread has said the exact same thing as I am.

I feel pretty comfortable using the term “we” at this point.
Because it was such a smart decision to give up Tuch and Haula.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Because it was such a smart decision to give up Tuch and Haula.
it was. There were cap issues to consider as well and Haula could have become problematic. Tuch hurt, but still nowhere near a much as what the alternative would.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
sooooo...you're just basing this off your opinion. his ceiling is a 1b because. If you watched Burns at this age in his career and you saw "1A defenseman" you'd be a friggin savant. Burns wasn't as good offensively or defensively at 23.
Burns production(some of his early years he played some forward with the Wild);

22yo - 43 pts.
23 - 27 pts.
24 - 20 pts.
25 - 46 pts.
26 - 37 pts.
27 - 20 pts.
28 - 48 pts.
29 - 60 pts.

Dumba, of course, got his 50 points at age 23.

Burns was always an adventure defensively, though part of that was him being moved back and forth from d to forward. No one would mistake him for Suter defensively, though, ever. I've been known to criticize Dumba a time or two, but there are a lot of uninformed opinions on this thread by people who probably just don't watch him very often.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Burns production(some of his early years he played some forward with the Wild);

22yo - 43 pts.
23 - 27 pts.
24 - 20 pts.
25 - 46 pts.
26 - 37 pts.
27 - 20 pts.
28 - 48 pts.
29 - 60 pts.

Dumba, of course, got his 50 points at age 23.

Burns was always an adventure defensively, though part of that was him being moved back and forth from d to forward. No one would mistake him for Suter defensively, though, ever. I've been known to criticize Dumba a time or two, but there are a lot of uninformed opinions on this thread by people who probably just don't watch him very often.

yes. first couple tastes of Dumba were very worrisome here but it's about progress and keeping in mind he was a project. Burns didn't have it easy with the lack of stability and it always seemed obvious to me he could be great but Dumba is much better at this age. Doesn't have the size though. Didn't Dumba severely disappoint in World Juniors or something? Maybe it's one of those first impression things that are causing people to undervalue him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
yes. first couple tastes of Dumba were very worrisome here but it's about progress and keeping in mind he was a project. Burns didn't have it easy with the lack of stability and it always seemed obvious to me he could be great but Dumba is much better at this age. Doesn't have the size though. Didn't Dumba severely disappoint in World Juniors or something? Maybe it's one of those first impression things that are causing people to undervalue him.
I think Dumba was sick(flu?), and played badly. He is also a wildman, but so was Burns.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dumba got blamed for making the can't miss superstar Griffin Reinhart, look bad.

Dumba is better in his own end right now, than Burns will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad