Value of: Dumba to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I get what you’re saying I just don’t understand why minny wouldn’t do this. They have consistently been a bubble/first round exit team for the past 10 years. When are they going to make a big move or try and go for it?
I get what ur saying but why wouldnt toronto move marner for dumba? They have constantly been a 1st round exit or playoff miss team for more than 10 years. They should shake it up.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Totally shutting down discussion by listing what we'd want in a deal.

I literally don't even know what point you're trying to make. Quit gatekeeping.
Nope. The post I took issue with was saying ANY Dumba to Toronto thread would be responded to with a Matthews + Tavares ask, so that people will stop making proposals. That's not "listing what we'd want in a deal," that's trolling and shutting down discussion. The people listing what they want in a deal, obviously that's legit and I have never spoken out against that. Quit strawmanning.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Its been said time and again in these threads that Toronto doesn’t have the assets that they are willing to trade for Dumba. That is still the case. Both teams walk away.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Nope. The post I took issue with was saying ANY Dumba to Toronto thread would be responded to with a Matthews + Tavares ask, so that people will stop making proposals. That's not "listing what we'd want in a deal," that's trolling and shutting down discussion. The people listing what they want in a deal, obviously that's legit and I have never spoken out against that. Quit strawmanning.
This is your 10th post in this thread and you have yet to actually comment on the proposed trade or any subsequent follow up ideas. Ya think maybe you're the problem?

Reactions: Bruce Granville

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
This is your 10th post in this thread and you have yet to actually comment on the proposed trade or any subsequent follow up ideas. Ya think maybe you're the problem?
Look again. I was asked what would be fair value in my eyes and I said Nylander. I'm also not the only one to bring up the annoyance of the "we're not trading him" kind of talk. Tbh I made what was supposed to be a throwaway comment, but if people are going to engage me and misrepresent what I posted, then I'll respond.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I wouldn’t touch Nylander for Dumba. The Wild have plenty of regular season performers whom become a shell of themselves in the playoffs.

The reason to shutdown discussion is because it’s the same crap every single thread. This has been going on for years. We, yes us Wild fans, won’t trade our player for four quarters. He just signed long term with us. There is zero incentive to trade him for anything short of overpayment.
8 points in 13 games isn't exactly becoming a shell of themselves. Nylander and Dumba are similar assets.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I get what ur saying but why wouldnt toronto move marner for dumba? They have constantly been a 1st round exit or playoff miss team for more than 10 years. They should shake it up.

‘I don’t get why Minnesota wouldn’t make a move like this - when are they going to go for it??’ - A guy that seemingly thinks trading arguably their best defenceman for f***ing Hyman and spare junk is going for it.

Toronto really needs to man up and go for it and finally make that Reilly for Ryan Strome ++ deal.

This as already been a long ass summer. The arrogance of some leaf fans on here has reached asinine levels.

‘I mean why WOULDN’T a team want to be raked over the coals in a trade with Toronto for a piece that’s damn near impossible to acquire in trade and that Minnesota can’t possibly replace internally?’

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Pair and Myyrynen

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Not a huge Dumba fan. Laughable leafs want to trade away Gardiner, but want to trade for Dumba.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
8 points in 13 games isn't exactly becoming a shell of themselves. Nylander and Dumba are similar assets.
I could care less if you think they are similar assets. I’d rather keep my guy because I think your guy doesn’t help us at all in advancing in the playoffs. Plain and simple opinion. I want nothing to do with that specific swap.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild just committed to Dumba... I think any Dumba trade talk can be put to rest for now. (As us Wild fans have tried to do all offseason, yet nobody ever listens)

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

When the value of the first proposal is so far from being close, you're going to get sarcastic comments. Even your own fans realize how ridiculous some of the proposals from other Leafs fans are. Would you like to see the other 100 threads that discuss a trade for Dumba from the Leafs?

The responses are hyperbole.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I could care less if you think they are similar assets. I’d rather keep my guy because I think your guy doesn’t help us at all in advancing in the playoffs. Plain and simple opinion. I want nothing to do with that specific swap.
*Couldn't care less. Whom do you think Dumba is worth, out of curiosity? Doesn't have to be someone on the Leafs. I'm curious as to what asset class of forward you think he returns.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
When the value of the first proposal is so far from being close, you're going to get sarcastic comments. Even your own fans realize how ridiculous some of the proposals from other Leafs fans are. Would you like to see the other 100 threads that discuss a trade for Dumba from the Leafs?

The responses are hyperbole.
Fair enough. The OP was an awful proposal and I totally get people blasting it. I just felt attempts to move on from it were being stifled and was frustrated; I just don't like how toxic this sub-forum can be at times. But I've made my point so I should probably move on.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Fair if you believe you need to lower team overall possession metrics (CF%).
Dumba's CF% at EV is awful at 47.2.
It would make Zaitsev feel better because he would no longer be at the bottom of the Leaf's list.
6MM is way too much for this guy let alone giving up assets.

Don’t forget that Nylander is taller than Dumba.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Would chi trade patty kane for dumba in his prime? or just about to enter his prime?
That is marners ceiling if he reaches it. Lol at trading marner for dumba.

IMO i wouldn't trade nylander for dumba at this time as well but that is more of a biased opinon i can admit that...but marner lmaooo wtf o ya why don't we throw in tavares and matthews to even it up like ifs

Love the Marner=next party Kane comparison. I think Kane had like 76 points as a 18/19 year old. Marner hasn’t cracked that number yet and he’s what, 21?

Now I’ll admit that they have similar strengths, but Marner doesn’t have Kane’s IQ, Vision, or hands. Tough for me too see Marner breaking 100 points in a season like Kane has.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wild management and ownership gave up Tuch and Haula to protect Dumba in the expansion draft, then new management and ownership gave him a 5 year contract last night, and every single Wild fan in this thread has said the exact same thing as I am.

I feel pretty comfortable using the term “we” at this point.
Fenton has specifically said that he wants to build from our defense and get younger, Just to add another point.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
to the poster before, Yes i agree Dumba could turn into or is a solid#2A ...maybe peak at a 1b but Hedman,Burns and chara in their primes were not #2s there were 1A and above the rest,not even a 1b. Thats the difference and all i was stating via projected future value.

I don't see reilly who comparable stats to dumba turning into those as well.
I see them peaking at 1b and most likely 2a's in terms of defence.

We’ll all your using to back that up is you opinion. This kinda stuff is really hard to predict. Nobody thought Burns or Carlson were gonna explode the way they did.

You need a legitimate argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad