Value of: Dumba + Boldy + MN 1st (10-20 likely)

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
my thought process is that we need a veteran high end D to help our young team so we don't turn into the 2010-2016 Edmonton Oilers who stiffled their prospects chance of success with five years of being a Defensive tirefire. Now it is the hope that a year before (hopefully) or his contract year our young Core is ready to make Stanley cup playoff push and Dumba would resign to be a part of that. Another huge reason I am okay with this trade is that I trust that Hischier will be a 1st line centre and if we get four 1st round picks this deep draft year that one of them could turn into a 2nd line centre to go behind Hischier.

IMO, it would be very poor asset management to give up Hughes for Dumba + a pick

And isn't Subban a veteran Dman who can help your young core?

Keep Hughes, continue to build through the draft, and then in 3 years when you're ready to contend, you sign Dumba as a UFA...

That's how you build a winner

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I will throw in my never going to happen trade!

Draisatl to Minny

Kaprizov, Boldy, Dumba, Erickson Ek, Minnys first 2020 to the oilers

Sounds like a lot but it sinks the franchise if we lose this trade.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I can't see why the Devils would be remotely interested in that...

New Jersey is rebuilding... they shouldn't be moving an asset like Hughes for an older player with only 3 years left of team control... unless that player is MacKinnon

They would never consider this, don't worry.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This is a package you only put together if Eichel/Barkov try to force a move (or in Barkov's case doesn't appear will be able to resign).

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
So basically about 85% of Minny’s young core players for one guy.

The only franchise you’re sinking with that trade is the Wild.
It’s very risky for the oilers even with the quantity. 2 of those players need protection in the ED and who knows if the prospects turn out.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
So basically about 85% of Minny’s young core players for one guy.

The only franchise you’re sinking with that trade is the Wild.

your trading from depth for the leading scorer in the league on what now appears to be a bargain contract who happens to be a big body first line center. Minny winns this deal hands down for at least 3 years

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Horvat for Dumba, Boldy and 2020 1st

I don't think we would do it

But just wanted to hear what people are thinking

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs division rivals love to win lottery picks from the bubble. So maybe its your turn this time around.

Minnesota is one of the teams that IMO should take Byfield #1 overall so that would solve your C dilemma for good as much as I hate it.

So if it happens, I hope your GM screws up and picks Lafreniere.....

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
your trading from depth for the leading scorer in the league on what now appears to be a bargain contract who happens to be a big body first line center. Minny winns this deal hands down for at least 3 years

Really? You literally added all wild players such as Kaprizov, Dumba, & more for 1player?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Avs division rivals love to win lottery picks from the bubble. So maybe its your turn this time around.

Minnesota is one of the teams that IMO should take Byfield #1 overall so that would solve your C dilemma for good as much as I hate it.

So if it happens, I hope your GM screws up and picks Lafreniere.....

They won’t take Byfield

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Really? You literally added all wild players such as Kaprizov, Dumba, & more for 1player?
off your roster you lose EK and Dumba to add Draisatl. Kaprizov is the piece that hurts but look at it from the oilers side. Dumba scored 34 points average in the last 4 years, which is no great feat and not worth moving a piece like Drai for without massive plus's. Ek is a good third line center, but he is not a difference maker. Kaprizov is the main piece in this deal for the oilers. He could be panarin or he could be Shipayov, who knows. I feel he will be a top 6 forward which is why I would consider this deal. The othe 2 pieces are magic beans to insure the risk of trading a 100 point 50 goal center.

If its additonal players you want that will be no problem. We will throw in Chaisson and Khaira at no cost.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yeah this is a theme that comes around a lot but the worst place to be in the NHL is actually too good to draft high but not good enough to actually win in the playoffs. Its like getting caught in an eddie.
I think you'd find more people who would rather make the playoffs every year than suck ass and hope you fluke into a couple of franchise altering prospects while missing by and large each year.

HF is grossly obsessed with draft picks and building superstar U23 teams, trading good players who are close to 30 because they're close to 30, and hoping young kids can just step in and know how to carry a team professionally.

Making the playoffs and not winning the cup does not equate to failure of any kind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad