Value of: Dumba + Boldy + MN 1st (10-20 likely)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We need to get a a legit 1C. Just want to see what people think this could fetch. I think it would take a unique situation of a player being on the outs, but if that were the case I think this pavkage is very good imo.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Challenge is finding a team that is willing to sacrifice a great C and is dying for top 4 help on D.

Toronto? Tavares wouldn’t wave though but that’s a solid package.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
No. We can still rebuild with Barkov and Ekblad imo. I dont see any elite C prospects in MINs depth chart
You absolutely can. But, if you get an inkling over the next year that he might now resign, it is a nice package, no? Obviously, it’s a bit much for a rental, but I could see two of those 3 peices going for him with a year left if we think we can resign him

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It’s hard to find a team that is in a situation to trade a 1C, but that’s a good package.

Not too sure I’d feel good about trading Dumba if I were the Wild though, given the age of Suter, but 1C’s don’t come cheap.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
While I think it is very commendable that you are actually offering up a package that would be worthy of that return, I think what you will find pretty quickly is the reality that these guys are rarely if ever available, and when they are everyone and their mom knows about it and we see 5000 trade threads about them. This is why most of the time you have to draft one or take on one with a flaw in some way shape or form.

There will be some top 6 C's out there but I wouldn't expect any high end guy that you would probably be hoping for with that package.

Reactions: Kaen

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You absolutely can. But, if you get an inkling over the next year that he might now resign, it is a nice package, no? Obviously, it’s a bit much for a rental, but I could see two of those 3 peices going for him with a year left if we think we can resign him

I prefer Brodin + Boldy + 1st.
We could re-sign Brodin and possibly pair him with Ekblad.
Can you lose to VAN so the 1st is closer to the top 10? :sarcasm:

I used this analogy in another thread:

As a Panthers fan, Barkov and this current core is like a car you've been building for years, you've spent time and money on it and although its broken down many times and now, it seems to have caught on fire, you have the fire extinguisher in your hand and part of you wants to put it out but deep down, you kind of know its better to let it burn to the ground.

Just maddening to potentially watch another rebuild go down the drain.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I prefer Brodin + Boldy + 1st.
We could re-sign Brodin and possibly pair him with Ekblad.
Can you lose to VAN so the 1st is closer to the top 10? :sarcasm:

I used this analogy in another thread:

As a Panthers fan, Barkov and this current core is like a car you've been building for years, you've spent time and money on it and although its broken down many times and now, it seems to have caught on fire, you have the fire extinguisher in your hand and part of you wants to put it out but deep down, you kind of know its better to let it burn to the ground.

Just maddening to potentially watch another rebuild go down the drain.

It is pretty impressive Talon still has his job tbh.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Team is too good

Yeah this is a theme that comes around a lot but the worst place to be in the NHL is actually too good to draft high but not good enough to actually win in the playoffs. Its like getting caught in an eddie.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
We need to get a a legit 1C. Just want to see what people think this could fetch. I think it would take a unique situation of a player being on the outs, but if that were the case I think this pavkage is very good imo.

This won’t get a 1C ..it coukd get a strong 2C

The problem though thst needs to be factored in....expansion draft. If a team has a strong 3 Dman core they plan on protecting, awuiting f7mba e poses zDumba or the player he’d replace in the ED and that needs to be factored in.

Probably the best shot...

Toronto for Marner if you think he’s a center.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s hard to find a team that is in a situation to trade a 1C, but that’s a good package.

Not too sure I’d feel good about trading Dumba if I were the Wild though, given the age of Suter, but 1C’s don’t come cheap.

Yeah, it's a really tough needle to thread. If it can't at least get somebody in the Barzal/Larkin/Point tier, then it's probably not worth it.

One of them is probably going to have go, expansion draft reasons and probably just general salary cap reasons. Fan base seems pretty split on which one (Dumba vs. Brodin) it could/should be. Not an easy decision either way, but I'm slightly on the 'trade Dumba, keep Brodin side'.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014

The problem though thst needs to be factored in....expansion draft. If a team has a strong 3 Dman core they plan on protecting, awuiting f7mba e poses zDumba or the player he’d replace in the ED and that needs to be factored in.

Marner is certainly not a center but I do think Nylander would be if Tavares and Matthews weren't leafs. I just don't see the leafs moving him though his contract is too valuable with flat cap.

Maybe someone like Monahan but I think he's a 1C tweener. If Minny wins the 1oa they would probably have assets to make an enticing package for Eichel but they'd probably just take Laf and work with what they have.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Marner is certainly not a center but I do think Nylander would be if Tavares and Matthews weren't leafs. I just don't see the leafs moving him though his contract is too valuable with flat cap.

Maybe someone like Monahan but I think he's a 1C tweener. If Minny wins the 1oa they would probably have assets to make an enticing package for Eichel but they'd probably just take Laf and work with what they have.

Laf would definitely be in play for Eichel, IMO.

Reactions: Crosscrease14

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

I could see 4d being protected much like Fletcher did with wild if a trade for a 2c doesn't end up happening. A team doesn't have to necessarily trade a really good d for Expansion draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad