Confirmed with Link: Duclair, J. Moore, 1st (2016), 2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers, and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The worst part isn't losing Duke, it's that Girardi's horrendous contract stays on the books. This is just heartbreaking. **** you Kyperos!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
In a vacuum, this is a really good trade for the Rangers. For this season, this is a great trade for the Rangers.

In context with having already traded 3 first round picks in a row, and the fact that Duclair was kinda helping to make up for that, I'm not thrilled. Not devastated, but not thrilled.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
LeBrun is reporting there is more, but if the deal is just Yandle for Duke, Moore, and a 1st, I am utterly disgusted.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Maybe the Rangers soured on Duke? Keep in mind, Duke had attitude and motivational issues, which caused him to drop to the 3rd round.

They may also like Buch more. May also mean they're high on JT Miller as well going forward.

I trust Rangers management on this one.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, buut, could Ranger brass have been turned off by how Duclair handled things when he went back to juniors? BTW, the Rangers do now have the deepest blueline in the NHL. Yandle or Staal as your 3rd D-man? Holy schnikees!

Could be, but this smells like the beginning of a busy deadline. I mean, Boyle and Yandle are disasters defensively and they still haven't addressed face-off issues.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The worst part isn't losing Duke, it's that Girardi's horrendous contract stays on the books. This is just heartbreaking. **** you Kyperos!

I was about to throw a ****ing party if we included Girardi....

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Tough trade, but the impact to the current roster is a MASSIVE upgrade from John Moore to Yandle. The Rangers easily have the best defense corps in the league now, assuming McD wakes up before the playoffs start.

You also need to wonder if Duclair's sulking and poor performance since being sent back down played a role in this. We need to remember that this kid was a 3rd rounder, and while he's looked great since being drafted, it's possible we all (including myself) are over-rating him.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
You guy's probably overpaid, but that's a deadline deal for ya. You are getting an extremely gifted puck moving player. Incredible vision and probably one of the best zone entry guys out there. His defense is improved noticably, but definitely going to be worse than most guys. He has a lot of turnovers directly related to the amount that he carries the puck.

Your PP just got a lot more dangerous, and he's a competent 5on5 guy. He's a fantastic locker room guy if that's your bag. Never a single issue in years on a team with massive ownership and financial problems. I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs.

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
What the **** is this ****?

Duclair was like the perfect replacement for MSL when he left us.

Duclair would give no where near the production that MSL has. I like Duclair as much as the next guy, but I think some people are forgetting how good of a defenseman we got i return. This is a difference maker for us.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Its really not a terrible deal. It makes us better today. It hurts to lose Duke but I can live with it. You'll see I've watched a bunch of Yandle and he's gonna make this team better.

But this is Sather's way of admitting he never shoulda signed Boyle. We shoulda keep Stralman.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Maybe (CROSS YOUR ******* FINGERS) Boyle-Klein as a 3rd pair helps relieve some added pressure off Boyle. He was terrible with an offensive minded d-man (Moore) or the 2nd pair. Hopefully (AGAIN CROSS YOUR ******* FINGERS) moving him to the 3rd pair with a defensive minded d man takes that added pressure off.

I would hate two RHD and two LHD paired together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad