Confirmed with Link: Duclair, J. Moore, 1st (2016), 2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers, and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
50% retained makes this a ton easier to swallow.

Not opposed to the idea but would rather have targeted a different player than Yandle.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Kinda sad that the Rangers are giving all this up to basically fill a role that Dan Boyle was supposed to fill. This erases any usefulness for Boyle, especially since McDonagh should be picking up more PP time anyway.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
The more I look at this trade the more I can deal with it. Duclair will be good IMO but he's not helping us win the cup this year. And he could bust, just like any other prospect. Won't miss John Moore much and I will miss the 1 rd draft pick. You gotta give to get. And the Rangers are a better team because of this trade today. There's no doubting that.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If true, the Rangers gave up one of the most promising offensive prospects they've had in quite a while, for a guy who is probably the best offensive D we've had since Leetch left. Massive trade. Clearly this team is pulling out all the stops to win this year, but man, does this ever make that Boyle signing look bad.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, buut, could Ranger brass have been turned off by how Duclair handled things when he went back to juniors? BTW, the Rangers do now have the deepest blueline in the NHL. Yandle or Staal as your 3rd D-man? Holy schnikees!

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Shame Glass wasn't involved. Really depressing Duclair was. This will undoubtedly come back to bite us in the ass, hard.

What happened to all that "We're not willing to trade away the future" nonsense then? :shakehead

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
It's okay guys! EVERY MOVE SATHER MAKES IS GREAT BECAUSE WERE A GOOD TEAM :)

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
What the **** is this ****?

Duclair was like the perfect replacement for MSL when he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad