GDT: Ducks visit Wild, 5:00PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Bourque is basically Etem without the upside. Decent depth option, but not really needed

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Not trying to single you out but this "full 60 minute effort" that everyone wants just isn't realistic. Momentum switches back and forth. Maybe it wasn't the Ducks effort lacking and it was the Wilds effort that picked up? Did the Wild put in a "60 minute effort"? I don't know when this "60 minute effort" became a thing but it really is annoying.

What does everyone expect? Us to control play the entire game and anything less isn't effort the entire game? Other teams are going to score, and other teams are going to control the play for parts of the game just as the Ducks do. We got the win. Be happy (except for the injury).

Ok, so that expression is a little vague, I get that and I'll try and not use it in the future.

What I tried to say is that I'd like to see the level of play be more consistent. Not domination/full control/whatever, but having some consistency. And yes, there are momentum swings between the two teams in a match, but a 3-0 lead shouldn't turn into a 3-4 deficit during the span of 20-ish minutes. That is a result of our level of play taking a dip for the worse, which Minny was able to capitalize.

Finally, I'm happy that this one was marked in the W column. I also understand that this team is dealing with all kinds of stuff right now. I just wanted to point out that there is still a lot to improve going forward.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Ok, so that expression is a little vague, I get that and I'll try and not use it in the future.

What I tried to say is that I'd like to see the level of play be more consistent. Not domination/full control/whatever, but having some consistency. And yes, there are momentum swings between the two teams in a match, but a 3-0 lead shouldn't turn into a 3-4 deficit during the span of 20-ish minutes. That is a result of our level of play taking a dip for the worse, which Minny was able to capitalize.

Finally, I'm happy that this one was marked in the W column. I also understand that this team is dealing with all kinds of stuff right now. I just wanted to point out that there is still a lot to improve going forward.

I think this points to the root of the issue. We all know nobody dominates for 60 minutes, but the inability to get it together while a 3-0 lead becomes a 3-4 deficit is a real problem. That kind of play during games is a sure fire recipe for a dismal season. We've been lucky to salvage points while playing poorly for too many games. That kind of play, however we define it, won't get you out of the first round.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'll just speak for myself on this. I don't hate Borque. But he brings nothing more as a forward than Allen brought as a defenseman. A nice pass? A good hit? Really? But instead of having this be the last year of Allen's contract, we took on an extra year of bad contract for a plug who does nothing more for us than Allen did.

I don't expect Bob to always bring in top flight talent, but the contract situation makes this deal a real stinker. And Bob deserves full "credit" for it.
Yup. Just like you said, that trade seems like a net negative with all the financial implications. Especially with the timing where the defensemen hadn't come back yet and Murray essentially counted his chickens before they hatched. Then the additional injuries led to the panic trade for Brewer.

Oct 18, 2011
Etem is better than Bourque, the problem is BB constantly shifts Etem to the left side, when he's alot better, and more effective on the right

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Etem is better than Bourque, the problem is BB constantly shifts Etem to the left side, when he's alot better, and more effective on the right

has be played on the right side for the NHL team? i dont believe so. he lined up on the left side with thompson and jackman

left side for getzy n perrs

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
has be played on the right side for the NHL team? i dont believe so. he lined up on the left side with thompson and jackman

When Perry was out with the mumps I believe he played on the right side.

DSP - Getzlaf - Etem was when he looked his best.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

His rookie year he was on the right side for most of it. Playoffs in 2013 the 4th line was Palms - Steckel - Etem which for some reason featured Palmieri on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad