GDT: Ducks visit Wild, 5:00PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I suspect he's just wearing down a bit from the workload. We really need to sign Bryz if only to give Freddie a rest for a couple of games.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Just watched the highlights, and Jesus Christ. Was what, one legit wild goal? Our goaltending sucks again.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
On the bright side, if we can survive all the injuries and Freddie can hold on until legit reinforcements get here, it could be a great experience and character builder for Freddie to get through all this. He might be cramming a lot of experience into a short time.

#builtfortheplayoffs ;)

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Just watched the highlights, and Jesus Christ. Was what, one legit wild goal? Our goaltending sucks again.

not much he can do on the 1st goal. or 3rd. 2nd is kinda eh. probably weak. and 4th one was hella weak

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
not much he can do on the 1st goal. or 3rd. 2nd is kinda eh. probably weak. and 4th one was hella weak

Nothing he can do about first other than a full crease cover two pad stack. But why would he do that.

Second weak. Not probably. He thinks he has the five hole cover but really doesn't. You have to be sure.

Third...ehh. Tough shot. But stoppable.

Fourth, he had to kick his pad out. Take away the forward momentum of the puck away and that's not a goal.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Lindholm was very human tonight. Not one of his better showings.

I do agree, he seems to get pucks stuck at his feet from time to time, really weird.

In fact, none of the defencemen looked great.

Kesler went full Kesler and Jackhammer was also really good.

Last edited:

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
pretty good game.

2nd period was just brutal as far as luck and calls went.

andersen let in some really bad ones tonight.

this team can always come back, is fun to watch.

hope perry is not as hurt as he looked...

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ducks post NHL game checklist
- Injury(ies)
- Bad officiating
- Ducks play when they choose

All checked.

Kind of surprised not such a big deal was made about the hip check, seemed to dip in extra low at the last second to me. Love the main board hypocrisy too, 'oh its fine as it's Perry'. Imagine the outcry if wonderboy Toews got hit the same way.

Was so happy that Parise was the one giving away the penalty at the end, he gets away with so much crap during a game it's ridiculous. Hate him with a passion.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Ducks post NHL game checklist
- Injury(ies)
- Bad officiating
- Ducks play when they choose

All checked.

Kind of surprised not such a big deal was made about the hip check, seemed to dip in extra low at the last second to me. Love the main board hypocrisy too, 'oh its fine as it's Perry'. Imagine the outcry if wonderboy Toews got hit the same way.

Was so happy that Parise was the one giving away the penalty at the end, he gets away with so much crap during a game it's ridiculous. Hate him with a passion.
Yup. Toews or Stamkos, this would be looked at very differently on the main boards if it was either one of them. Since it's Perry, a lot of them justify the low hit because they dislike him. It's pathetic.

getzforfighting*

RAKELL guys. Hate to spellcheck people but it just bothers me when our own fans can't spell their names.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I dont think hit was that bad.

I throught fistric was great missed his physicality.

Thought manson was terrible especially on the 2nd goal. All the d seemed to have bad to average games. Stoner panicked on 1st goal. Bad luck but how is helping there.

Dont blame Andersen as much as you guys but he could have been better. 4th goal bothered me the most.

Bourque feels like a zero. Time to start paying for talent bob.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I dont think hit was that bad.

I throught fistric was great missed his physicality.

Thought manson was terrible especially on the 2nd goal. All the d seemed to have bad to average games. Stoner panicked on 1st goal. Bad luck but how is helping there.

Dont blame Andersen as much as you guys but he could have been better. 4th goal bothered me the most.

Bourque feels like a zero. Time to start paying for talent bob.

I don't understand the hate Bourque is getting on here, especially after a game like last night. He had two nice passes in front of the net that could have resulted in goals and he hustled back to break up an odd man rush in the 3rd. Add to that he's been hitting and I don't see what the big deal is. The effort has been there, even if the results haven't (you could say the same for half the forwards on the team). It's not like he's keeping anyone out of the lineup that is deserving of a spot. And I feel like a broken record saying this, but people seriously need to get rid of these unrealistic expectations of Murray being able to wave his magic wand to get better through trades. Any trades he's able to make that aren't "bargain bin" deals you aren't going to like, in terms of what we'd likely have to give up. Plus, it's far too early in the season for GM's of other teams to throw in the towel and start selling their prime assets.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'll just speak for myself on this. I don't hate Borque. But he brings nothing more as a forward than Allen brought as a defenseman. A nice pass? A good hit? Really? But instead of having this be the last year of Allen's contract, we took on an extra year of bad contract for a plug who does nothing more for us than Allen did.

I don't expect Bob to always bring in top flight talent, but the contract situation makes this deal a real stinker. And Bob deserves full "credit" for it.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sigh, still not a full 60 minute effort. It's amazing they're that high up in the standings with all these injuries and bad playing. Also Bryz needs to get in the net ASAP, Freddy should take a night or two off.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Sigh, still not a full 60 minute effort. It's amazing they're that high up in the standings with all these injuries and bad playing. Also Bryz needs to get in the net ASAP, Freddy should take a night or two off.

Not trying to single you out but this "full 60 minute effort" that everyone wants just isn't realistic. Momentum switches back and forth. Maybe it wasn't the Ducks effort lacking and it was the Wilds effort that picked up? Did the Wild put in a "60 minute effort"? I don't know when this "60 minute effort" became a thing but it really is annoying.

What does everyone expect? Us to control play the entire game and anything less isn't effort the entire game? Other teams are going to score, and other teams are going to control the play for parts of the game just as the Ducks do. We got the win. Be happy (except for the injury).

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The coaches and players started mentioning it a few weeks ago.

I agree that people's interpretation of that is off. A sixty minute effort doesn't mean dominating for sixty minutes. There isn't a team in this league that does that.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Not trying to single you out but this "full 60 minute effort" that everyone wants just isn't realistic. Momentum switches back and forth. Maybe it wasn't the Ducks effort lacking and it was the Wilds effort that picked up? Did the Wild put in a "60 minute effort"? I don't know when this "60 minute effort" became a thing but it really is annoying.

What does everyone expect? Us to control play the entire game and anything less isn't effort the entire game? Other teams are going to score, and other teams are going to control the play for parts of the game just as the Ducks do. We got the win. Be happy (except for the injury).

Agreed, not a fan of that expression. Sure, they can't just mail it in for long stretches, but outplaying the other team for 35 minutes is a recipe for success. Our Ducks have also been a top team for several seasons now, they are considered a contender by most. There will never be easy nights as every other team will be looking for that "measuring stick" game to prove their mettle (also lumping us in with the Kings in that "Death Valley" tour that teams gear up for.) We aren't catching anyone by surprise this season.

On Bourque, this snippet was in the OCR today:

BOURQUE’S SLOW START
Rene Bourque has been slow to get out of the gate since his arrival with the Ducks. Bourque has one assist in seven games and saw a team-low 8 minutes, 39 seconds of ice time despite getting a chance to start the game with Perry and Ryan Getzlaf on the top line.
Bourque acknowledged there’s “not as much as I’d like to offer at the start.”

Rene has been serviceable, but no more than Etem would be IMO. With the injuries I don't see Rene sitting anytime soon though.

edit:

Last edited:

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
I understand the frustration with Bourque but only because of his price tag. You pay $3.3 million for results, and I (like everyone else) wish he had more for us so far. However, I don't think he's been as bad a people let on. As some other posters mentioned, his physicality has been there, he's been making plays (that haven't been finished), and he has shown hustle. Also consider the fact that he's still getting familiarized with the team. If he doesn't start putting up more consistent points in the next few games, I can see it increasing the frustration and becoming an issue, but as of now I'm not entirely dissatisfied with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad