GDT: Ducks visit Wild, 5:00PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
http://www.sfchronicle.com/movies/article/Wild-review-A-woman-confronts-wilderness-5935025.php

920x1240.jpg

“Wild” has so many things in its favor that it’s tempting to leave out the fact that it’s a movie about a hike that sometimes feels like being on a hike, a long one, without many changes of scenery. But the movie’s achievement is that it overcomes this. The filmmakers take a potentially plodding, numbing situation and, scene by scene, struggle and succeed in keeping the action alive, one step at a time.

Many things in their favor, keeping the action alive? Sounds like the Ducks are in for a struggle.
Let's go Ducks!

Prediction: Ducks win 5-4, Reese Witherspoon carries Wild with a hat trick and a Golden Globe.

Last edited:

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Wonder if Robak makes his Anaheim debut tonight.

Should be a dandy! :) Going to be a tough game...the Wild always seem to bring their A game against Anaheim.

LETS GO DUCKS! :yo::yo::yo:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Gonna be a tough game with the Wild's decent record at home and all. Hoping the Ducks play 3 periods of hockey, because if you miss one, might as well play none.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I think the wild will bring the best out of Anaheim, given their high intensity style of game.

4-2 Anaheim.

Kesler has sucked lately, same with Palmieri. Time for them to step up.

ekm01

Sep 24, 2014
Guarantee both of these teams had this game circled on the calendar after the last meeting. I have a feeling the Wild will try to beat up on Kesler. Perhaps Beast mode Kesler tonight?!

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I guess Suter is technically over the mumps? No idea why else they'd even consider having him play. Probably a good decision to bench him tonight.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fistric is in, Robak is wearing #48 as per Stephens but didn't say if he was in. Clark is out.

If both are in then Stoner or Manson has to come out.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
There's no way those pesky minnesotans can still be mad at Kesler, right? :sarcasm: At least we have Bryz now, so everything should be ok.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Meh I wouldn't worry about the wild they like to worry more about the game that there playing than what happened in the past.

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
I don't believe the Ducks show up for this one. The Wild will run wild tonight with the problems on the defense.

The Ducks will once again look lost on the 2 PP they will get.

Wild 4- Ducks-1

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
http://www.ocregister.com/ducks/ducks-644365-lineup-bourque.html

Today's lineups, per Eric Stephens:

:ducks2

Rene Bourque-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Matt Beleskey-Ryan Kesler-Kyle Palmieri

Andrew Cogliano-Devante Smith-Pelly-Jakob Silfverberg

Patrick Maroon-Nate Thompson-Tim Jackman

Cam Fowler-Josh Manson

Hampus Lindholm-Mark Fistric

Clayton Stoner-Sami Vatanen

:wild

Zach Parise-Mikael Granlund-Jason Pominville

Jason Zucker-Mikko Koivu-Thomas Vanek

Nino Niederreiter-Kyle Brodziak-Charlie Coyle

Ryan Carter-Erik Haula-Justin Fontaine

Marco Scandella-Jared Spurgeon

Jonas Brodin-Christian Folin

Keith Ballard-Nate Prosser

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
This lineup slightly frustrates me. I'm not a fan of Bourque on the first line. Maroon is wasted on the fourth line (despite that trio's ability to create scoring chances). Beleskey, Kesler, and Palmieri all play a similar shoot-first style; I doubt they'll complement each other well. And last but not least, DSP should not be playing center... smh. Hopefully I will be proved wrong but I'm not overly optimistic.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
This lineup slightly frustrates me. I'm not a fan of Bourque on the first line. Maroon is wasted on the fourth line (despite that trio's ability to create scoring chances). Beleskey, Kesler, and Palmieri all play a similar shoot-first style; I doubt they'll complement each other well. And last but not least, DSP should not be playing center... smh. Hopefully I will be proved wrong but I'm not overly optimistic.

I'd imagine BB's attempting to spread the scoring.

This is probably BB signalling that it's Bourque's last chance to be useful. If he can't be useful on the top line, he's going down to Norfolk.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Bourque will be demoted by the 2nd period. This is a last ditch effort before he starts seeing the pressbox with regularity. He's terrible

I actually like the 2nd line, but that 4th line just has no chance of scoring IMO. Big time waste of Maroon's passing.

I'd like to see Cogs get demoted to the 4th line for a game or two.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I'd imagine BB's attempting to spread the scoring.

This is probably BB signalling that it's Bourque's last chance to be useful. If he can't be useful on the top line, he's going down to Norfolk.

I agree on both your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad