GDT: Ducks visit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET on 10 - 8 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
The pass from Shore to Silf was wonderful. Shore has been so good thus far. Would like to see some points from Terry coming up here

I feel like I've been saying that forever, even though he hasn't been around that long. I love everything I see when he's on the ice, but the puck never ends up in the net. Part of that is I'm not particularly impressed with his shot, but surely some if it is just variance.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You should try enjoying an entire game sometime and not just concentrating on the parts that fit your agendas. He looks for passes continuously.
But he's not a good passer. Etem tried to pass too maybe you are forgetful, he just wasn't a good passer and had low IQ. Same thing Jones in showing. Atleast he is fast and big I guess.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I remain more Getz-skeptic than the average member of this board, but he was crucial to this awesome third period.
He’s not who he was, but he’s been a 3rd period force in 2 of the 3 games now. I suspect he knows his limits and is saving his reserves for crunch time. I also think that preseason injury isn’t fully resolved.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We're like the 15th team to follow this playbook in the last few years. Step 1: Replace old, slow, recognizable names with fast young players in their NHL debuts. Step 2: Surprise everyone by winning more than you did before.

Eventually people will stop being surprised when this happens. It's a young, fast man's game right now.
Seriously, I never want to see a player over 32 signed again

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
He’s not who he was, but he’s been a 3rd period force in 2 of the 3 games now. I suspect he knows his limits and is saving his reserves for crunch time. I also think that preseason injury isn’t fully resolved.

I don't think he's been healthy in three years and won't even be again. It's just gonna be different degrees of hurt.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good road win. Det's top line is really clicking, they were impressive. Looking forward to Steel getting back in soon.

They got some puck luck in the 1st two periods, Gibson made some great saves, but they came together in the 3rd and overtook the game. Took advantage of the overturned goal and never looked back.

If they can continue to play like last game and that 3rd period, there is a lot of hope for this season. Still early but I’m liking what I see from the offense so far. Still like to see a better PP of course, it has shown some good signs but it’s not there yet.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Good road win. I thought Guhle looked good. Gibson was Gibson. Grant and Rowney looked good on the PK. Like the fact that they were able to turn it up a notch in the third. Kase drives play like few others.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Detroit must be really bad outside of their top line if they lost to Anaheim in Detroit. Ducks usually choke away games in Detroit no matter the players they have.

Little Ceasars Pizza is the lowest of the low in fast food pizzas lol.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
that Ritchie goal is exactly why I want him on that line with Rico and Terry instead of Jones. I like Jones, but I'd send him to the AHL.

Shore-Getzlaf-Kase
Rakell-Steel-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Henrique-Terry
Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney

This should be the regular lineup. I'd be fine with Jones on that 4th line, but would rather see him get more time in the AHL. Maybe bring up someone like Carrick who it won't hurt to be in the press box often to be the extra forward. Recall Jones on road trips to get him a few games during the year.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Detroit must be really bad outside of their top line if they lost to Anaheim in Detroit. Ducks usually choke away games in Detroit no matter the players they have.

Little Ceasars Pizza is the lowest of the low in fast food pizzas lol.

Yes, and I know Pizza. Lol.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They'll regret not naming their new arena the same as the old one, the curse of Little Caesars Pizza lol. No playoffs since new Arena.

Living in NY, I usually avoid fast food pizza places. Lol. We have too many good local pizza places in and around the city. I do like California Pizza strangely enough, and it’s cool they have one in Honda Center. I mean CPK is really not fast food pizza but they are a chain.

But yeah I agree, horrible name from a horrible product.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad