GDT: Ducks visit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET on 10 - 8 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Detroit must be really bad outside of their top line if they lost to Anaheim in Detroit. Ducks usually choke away games in Detroit no matter the players they have.

Little Ceasars Pizza is the lowest of the low in fast food pizzas lol.

how dare you. the lowly Hot and Ready doesn't pretend to be anything it's not - It's only advertisement is that it's HOT and READY. AAAAnd has been only 5 dollars for as long as I can remember. 6 if you get crazy crust. You should feel ashamed, attacking poor Lil C's like that.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Living in NY, I usually avoid fast food pizza places. Lol. We have too many good local pizza places in and around the city. I do like California Pizza strangely enough, and it’s cool they have one in Honda Center. I mean CPK is really not fast food pizza but they are a chain.

But yeah I agree, horrible name from a horrible product.
Most of all the good places here are from people who moved to Cali from back East. SF Bay Area California has better pizza than Socal i think.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Mr Rogers

The Establishment
Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ryan Getzlaf is basically a hockey savant. There aren’t many players with a higher hockey IQ than his at least on the offensive side of the puck

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Ducks got caught in their own zone a few times tonight, but what is noticeably different from last year is the D not panicking and just throwing the puck off the boards, and the forwards making themselves available deeper in the defensive zone to receive passes.
Some times they took to long with the puck in their own zone trying to carry it out or do cute passes. They need to learn when they can do that and when they need to relieve pressure and lob it out or ice it. But I agree, more puck control and less panic is great.

Reactions: MilesNewton
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Ducks got caught in their own zone a few times tonight, but what is noticeably different from last year is the D not panicking and just throwing the puck off the boards, and the forwards making themselves available deeper in the defensive zone to receive passes.
THIS. So many times last season our overwhelmed D had zero forward options.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Gibson has improved handing and passing the puck compared to earlier in his career. Made some nice plays, one great stretch pass that caught Wings in a change.
So much this. He'll never have the skill that Freddie has, but he knows his limits and makes very smart plays when the puck is on his stick.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The fact that most of this board think Jones is better than Ritchie baffles me.
There’s a lot of looking at the potential of Jones and the lack of living up to potential for Ritchie. He was most improved at the start of the last season but he looks like 2017-18 Ritchie this year. Jones needs to be in San Diego though.

Ritchie is good when he's skating, hitting, fighting through contact, and being mean. He was the worst skater on the ice in game 1, and was the worst player on the 4th line tonight, the timely opportunistic goal (which he's generally better at than most of the roster) notwithstanding.

I’ll agree with Duck Off that I’d like to see him with Henrique, because he hasn’t been great with Getzlaf or Grant.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
There’s a lot of looking at the potential of Jones and the lack of living up to potential for Ritchie. He was most improved at the start of the last season but he looks like 2017-18 Ritchie this year. Jones needs to be in San Diego though.

Ritchie is good when he's skating, hitting, fighting through contact, and being mean. He was the worst skater on the ice in game 1, and was the worst player on the 4th line tonight, the timely opportunistic goal (which he's generally better at than most of the roster) notwithstanding.

I’ll agree with Duck Off that I’d like to see him with Henrique, because he hasn’t been great with Getzlaf or Grant.
Agreed, but evaluating players shouldn't be based on where they were drafted or what our hopes are for them. Ritchie's body of work is far superior to Jones, he has scored big goals in the playoffs, and his hands and shot are superior.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
That was a problem throughout the RC years, both versions 1.0 and 2.0. Got little better under BB, but nothing like what we're seeing now.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Agreed, but evaluating players shouldn't be based on where they were drafted or what our hopes are for them. Ritchie's body of work is far superior to Jones, he has scored big goals in the playoffs, and his hands and shot are superior.
Agreed. Also a lot of shiny toy syndrome. I’d prefer if no rookies not named Steel were on the roster, possibly Terry. I’m hoping Jones goes down and Sherwood comes up.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Agreed. Also a lot of shiny toy syndrome. I’d prefer if no rookies not named Steel were on the roster, possibly Terry. I’m hoping Jones goes down and Sherwood comes up.
Sherwood is better than Jones NOW. Jones needs to play in a top 6 role and work on his puck skills. Terry is a question mark to me. Invisible quite a bit, he's in the lineup to score and haven't seen him being consistently dangerous yet.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Sherwood is better than Jones NOW. Jones needs to play in a top 6 role and work on his puck skills. Terry is a question mark to me. Invisible quite a bit, he's in the lineup to score and haven't seen him being consistently dangerous yet.
You can see that Terry is right on that edge though. I wouldn’t complain if he went down.

Agreed on Sherwood.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I like Terry's skills, he's very good with the puck on his stick. What I see on the ice, and what I read on this board about him don't line up.
I haven't notice Terry on the ice at all but that also means i haven't noticed him make bad mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->