Rumor: Ducks trying to unload a contract in order to re-sign Rakell/Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I am absolutely SHOCKED that they might go to opening night without Rakell and Lindholm (moreso) signed.

Anaheim must really be a tight, tight financial team that they havent been able to bridge a deal this late. Obviously nobody is completely privy to what each side is asking, but you have to imagine its less than a million per year apart on the ask. Its not like reports have stated they are "far apart" which is typically for the guys that are more than a mil apart

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I am absolutely SHOCKED that they might go to opening night without Rakell and Lindholm (moreso) signed.

Anaheim must really be a tight, tight financial team that they havent been able to bridge a deal this late. Obviously nobody is completely privy to what each side is asking, but you have to imagine its less than a million per year apart on the ask. Its not like reports have stated they are "far apart" which is typically for the guys that are more than a mil apart

Hopefully they are close. But it very likely didn't start out that way. So while they may be getting closer nobody knows which side feels they've done the most giving.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hopefully they are close. But it very likely didn't start out that way. So while they may be getting closer nobody knows which side feels they've done the most giving.

Its always funny how the things like term and full NMC are the things that usually create the massive stalemate and not the AAV. Wouldnt be surprised if that was deal

Hell, even the making the contracts bonus heavy so they are "lockout proof" are becoming increasingly popular

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Lindholm isn't eligible for a full NMC anyway, and wouldn't be for, I think, about 4 years. It can take effect after that point, but he'd be vulnerable until then. At least that shouldn't be a problem.

Not suggesting Anaheim would move him, but he can't ask for that extra security from the start.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Spooner+Boston's 2017 2nd round pick for Cam Fowler. Only way i see it happening.

Don't think Spooner is going anywhere. Bruins might think of moving draft picks, prospects, players like Hayes, McQuaid, Morrow, etc.

Fowler is not costing Spooner plus. But Trouba might.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
BM is no fool, very very tough first few games, if we start winless in a few games, that's more leverage for the raks and lindholm, I predict he is raising his low ball offer to a decent offer and will say best and final tomororw before puck drop. Hopefully our youngsters actually love to play and just sign and tell their agents that they had all
summer to get a deal done, and didn't , -and now it's time to play hockey. edit: if we started off poorly you would hope the players would feel bad and just start playing , but who knows with these 2...

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think that by the end of the day Sunday Ducks will be 0&3 and be looking to make some desperate deals.

Did you miss the start of last season?

Anaheim started the season struggling to score goals at a level that wasn't just bad, but was historically bad. Murray still didn't make some desperation deal. To suggest that he does after they go 0 and 3 is questionable, at best.

Edit: 1-7-2 to be specific. Their first win came in Game 5.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You'd do the Anaheim-Montreal deal?

Why?

Because I do believe the Ducks will have to sell lower on Fowler than fans want to believe. Getting another 1st is a nice asset to have, if we need to make a trade deadline move. The 2nd is always nice. And a cheap forward prospect that has scoring upside is good for us. We end up saving money to use on Lindholm/Rakell and get two good picks and a forward scoring prospect that can play in the NHL.

It's not a deal I would have liked a month ago, but it's not terrible for the current situation.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What do we need to add to JvR to get Fowler?

Dont say Matthews, Marner or Nylander.

We'll also take some garbage as a cap dump if it helps

Retaining might be all it takes. An even trade across probably wouldn't work simply because there is no cap savings there, and, I think, the difference in age gives you reason to think Fowler can still progress as a player. He's really just approaching the prime years for a defenseman. I think JVR is "as is" at this point.

As much as I'd love to gouge Toronto, I don't think it's realistic to add too much to JVR, and if Toronto retains that counts as an add. Without retention, I'd maybe try to work out a good young prospect added in. With Anaheim needing to sweeten the pot as needed. I'm not completely informed on Toronto's prospect situation.

That's my very uneducated opinion.

SFD22

Mar 9, 2003
Simcoe, Ontario
Visit site
Something completely different:

TO TOR: Stoner + Theodore

TO ANA: SJ 2017 2nd

Leafs swallow the Stoner $$$ in exchange for Theodore. Ducks would be able to sign their 2 big RFAs and still have Larsson and Montour waiting in the wings. They also keep Fowler who is an important piece if they want to contend.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

Leafs swallow the Stoner $$$ in exchange for Theodore. Ducks would be able to sign their 2 big RFAs and still have Larsson and Montour waiting in the wings. They also keep Fowler who is an important piece if they want to contend.

I probably wouldn't even do that if the prospect was Montour

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Not enough coming back to Ana. While I agree the Ducks likely have to give up a piece like that both of the comparable deals returned a 2nd and a 3rd and Stoner's deal is best of the bad deals. His cap is a good bit lower than both deals and Theo or even Montour should likely be on par value wise if not higher as they play D and both look great. In limited time as a D Theo was matching Teravainens production last season. Granted that is a pretty small sample size. But in the end I think this is the type of deal that the Ducks end up making. Once they do getting value for Fowler is a lot easier as well depending on how Lindholm and Larsson perform.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Leafs will take on any bad contracts if you guys take Freddy back.

No then you have to take 2 of our bad contracts just to fit the Freddy`s salary in our system. But I`d be happy to have him back, really.

So, Stoner+Bieksa for Freddy. PLEASEE. We can even throw in a 2nd rounder no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad