Rumor: Ducks trying to unload a contract in order to re-sign Rakell/Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
He will probably be in Anaheim for the home opener is my guess.

Reider took a week to get his visa. So that would mean Lindholm would need to sign by Sunday. Do you think they can move out contracts and save enough cap space to fit in both their RFAs before Sunday?

BigBadBruins63*

Reider took a week to get his visa. So that would mean Lindholm would need to sign by Sunday. Do you think they can move out contracts and save enough cap space to fit in both their RFAs before Sunday?

Give the Bruins a call and sell Fowler for dirt cheap and it can happen.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

It's tough to answer that question. It could probably happen just as easily tomorrow as it could in a week or two. I think it's unlikely we'd see those moves made until just before Lindholm signs, just because it could leave us short in the meantime.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
JVR + Matt Hunwick + TOR 1st (Top-5 protected, moves to 2018 unprotected if it's top-5, + a bonus 2017 TOR 4th) + Kasperi Kapanen + Jeremy Bracco

for

Hampus Lindholm + Clayton Stoner + Stefan Noesen

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If you want Hampus Lindholm, you need to at least be willing to offer an unprotected 1st. Don't be silly.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
If you want Hampus Lindholm, you need to at least be willing to offer an unprotected 1st. Don't be silly.

Based on all the other pieces in the trade and the cost of Hampus in terms of contract, if that was unprotected and ended up top-5 that trade would be a massive overpayment.

The Ducks are the team with cap issues. They're not getting a massive overpayment in any trade that they do right now.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Based on all the other pieces in the trade and the cost of Hampus in terms of contract, if that was unprotected and ended up top-5 that trade would be a massive overpayment.

The Ducks are the team with cap issues. They're not getting a massive overpayment in any trade that they do right now.

Oh, are we getting the cap space to sign Hampus Lindholm from this trade?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

You realize this deal isn't cap saving for Anaheim, right?

Those pieces are quality, but they aren't high end quality for someone like Lindholm. Pass.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Oh, are we getting the cap space to sign Hampus Lindholm from this trade?

The Ducks remove the recently waived Clayton Stoner who has 3.25M over the next 2 years left on his contract. That's not awesome for what is usually a budget team.

They move on from a player that is asking a large chunk of money over long term on a budget team in young Hampus. With a team that has a stacked, cheap D-pool and weak offensive depth.

The Ducks want a 1st line, left shooting LW, which is what JVR is. They wouldn't have to shop for much up front in coming years after making that swap. With JVR + 3 high valued expansion exempt assets coming in. It's currently a weakness moving forward.

It would give them room to re-sign Rakell and keep Fowler who many have argued is comparable to Lindholm. Instead, of sitting and waiting deep into the season in the process damaging your playoff chances hoping someone will cave.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
You realize this deal isn't cap saving for Anaheim, right?

Those pieces are quality, but they aren't high end quality for someone like Lindholm. Pass.

What do you think it would take for the Leafs to grab Fowler? Realistically. No random pile of assets that some would suggest.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

Don't need Rakell signed yet. But Lindholm can surely happen.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

If Lindholm in your opinion (and many others) is going to be a legit no. 1 D, the unprotected 1st is yours.
I won't worry about Patrick or Liljegren adding Lindholm to Matthews/Nylander/Marner/Rielly.
Done.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What do you think it would take for the Leafs to grab Fowler? Realistically. No random pile of assets that some would suggest.

At this point, with an un-signed Lindholm, it's possible that Fowler simply isn't available. I can see Fowler being moved after, but Lindholm is still in Sweden. It will probably take at least a week to get him here, and that's if he signs right now. That gives us a top pairing of Vatanen and Manson, and a top 4 of that includes a very, very questionable Despres and Bieksa. Fowler is the only legitimate guy who can handle the responsibilities. I don't think we can just be giving away wins while we wait for Lindholm to get here. That will put Anaheim in a hole that they'll need to start digging out of.

I think Anaheim makes a different move first, and then maybe readdresses Fowler after Lindholm is playing. Obvious speculation on my part, but the logic is sound.

As for what it would take after, yeah, I don't know. Toronto may not be the best team to trade with. JVR is the obvious choice, but I'm not too excited about that. Not because JVR isn't good, mind you. I just don't think Anaheim is a better team for it.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The Ducks remove the recently waived Clayton Stoner who has 3.25M over the next 2 years left on his contract. That's not awesome for what is usually a budget team.

They move on from a player that is asking a large chunk of money over long term on a budget team in young Hampus. With a team that has a stacked, cheap D-pool and weak offensive depth.

The Ducks want a 1st line, left shooting LW, which is what JVR is. They wouldn't have to shop for much up front in coming years after making that swap. With JVR + 3 high valued expansion exempt assets coming in. It's currently a weakness moving forward.

It would give them room to re-sign Rakell and keep Fowler who many have argued is comparable to Lindholm. Instead, of sitting and waiting deep into the season in the process damaging your playoff chances hoping someone will cave.

We have the room to re-sign Rakell and keep Fowler, now. Fowler is also not comparable to Lindholm.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
impossible to know... if reports are true that he wants Ekblad money but Ducks are offering Risto/Jones type money ish, they will be at a standstill for an extremely long time.

That's like 2 mill per year apart cap hit(and I believe his 1st season of deal his salary is actually 9 mill)

Get ready to wait IF the reports are true

Damn that kinda sucks, thanks for the info and surprised it has gotten to this point.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
It's been 20 minutes since someones said it so I'll go back to

Trouba + 2017 1st for Lindholm.

Jets give Lindholm his payday.
Anaheim gives Trouba 6 X $5 to $5.5

If you guys are strong on the right then just move....Trouba...to.....the.....dangit!

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It's been 20 minutes since someones said it so I'll go back to

Trouba + 2017 1st for Lindholm.

Jets give Lindholm his payday.
Anaheim gives Trouba 6 X $5 to $5.5

If you guys are strong on the right then just move....Trouba...to.....the.....dangit!

Don't want to downgrade from Lindholm to Trouba and only get a 1st to make up the difference. If we're going to spend that kind of money, rather just give that or a little more to Lindholm. Since there are reports he's willing to sign for something around 5.5-6.5.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Don't want to downgrade from Lindholm to Trouba and only get a 1st to make up the difference. If we're going to spend that kind of money, rather just give that or a little more to Lindholm. Since there are reports he's willing to sign for something around 5.5-6.5.

That's fair.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
JVR + Matt Hunwick + TOR 1st (Top-5 protected, moves to 2018 unprotected if it's top-5, + a bonus 2017 TOR 4th) + Kasperi Kapanen + Jeremy Bracco

for

And Bob Murray would do this why?:shakehead Pretty bad for Anaheim and Lindholm isn't getting dealt period for Lindholm Rielly would absolutely be going the other way.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

trouba isn't a huge downgrade. but the gm's would figure out the difference. the reason this gets makes sense is trouba would sign a bridge to be moved allowing Anaheim to sign rickell to a long term deal. and in 2 years when the ducks have the cap space they can extend trouba.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
trouba isn't a huge downgrade. but the gm's would figure out the difference. the reason this gets makes sense is trouba would sign a bridge to be moved allowing Anaheim to sign rickell to a long term deal. and in 2 years when the ducks have the cap space they can extend trouba.

Has Trouba said he would sign a bridge deal? I haven't heard anything about that. Also, there is a pretty big difference in potential between the two. Trouba could become a very good #2, but Lindholm could become a very good #1. Would rather stick with Lindholm. Zero interest in Trouba.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

for

LOL yes lets protect our 1st in a weak draft and ask for one of the best young D man in the game . I would beat that offer

Puljujarvi , Fayne ( cap reason ) Edmonton 1st

for

Lindholm + Stoner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->